There are 245 users in the forums

Andrew Billings DT Baylor

Originally posted by saniner:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
He just declared. If the 49ers were to switch to a 4-3, I would love to see them draft him.

Oh man I'd love Billings! Still only 19 and strong as hell. Not as quick Donald(few are), but still has really good quickness for his size.

He's only 19!? Woah, and I thought Billings was a NT?
Originally posted by Since07:
Originally posted by saniner:
He just declared. If the 49ers were to switch to a 4-3, I would love to see them draft him.

Oh man I'd love Billings! Still only 19 and strong as hell. Not as quick Donald(few are), but still has really good quickness for his size.

He's only 19!? Woah, and I thought Billings was a NT?

I think he can play NT, but as a DT in a 43 would be best.
Billings is the strongest guy in this draft. Check out the video at the 11:48 mark. Triple teamed and pushing the guys backward: I can't stop laughing. Awesome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DL3_aJhQHiE
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Billings is the strongest guy in this draft. Check out the video at the 11:48 mark. Triple teamed and pushing the guys backward: I can't stop laughing. Awesome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DL3_aJhQHiE

dude is a monster
Originally posted by NYniner85:
dude is a monster

If the football thing doesnt work out, he has a career in powerlifting.

Billings and Mark Henry are the only humans to ever lift more than 2,000 combined pounds in a high school competition (805 squat, 500 bench, 705 deadlift).
Originally posted by NYniner85:
dude is a monster

If the football thing doesnt work out, he has a career in powerlifting.

Billings and Mark Henry are the only humans to ever lift more than 2,000 combined pounds in a high school competition (805 squat, 500 bench, 705 deadlift).

cray cray...an he's only 19
Billings is the #1 NT in this draft...even if the Niners re-sign Ian Williams, this guy could still make his mark. He's one of the strongest DL in the country...maybe the strongest. But, for all his strength, he's surprisingly nimble on his feet. I can just imagine the packages DC O'Neil could devise to turn this bull loose. I'd definitely love to see him in crimson & gold. He'd be part of the DL rebuild that's essential if the Niners hope to have another dominant defense.
Those poor olineman in that video...they never had a chance.
Matt Waldman "there are three types of eclipse Solar eclipse,Lunar eclipse and Andrew Billings!".
I keep reading that his tape is extremely inconsistent

Is that true

Originally posted by English:
Draft back into the 1st with our second plus others? Will he sink to around #20-25?

That'd be smart!
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:

Is that true

He has up and downs, has games where he is unblockable and others where he sort of vanishes. He's very raw, so if you draft him, you're getting a project, not a more complete player. Pretty outstanding upside though.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 24, 2016 at 11:48 AM ]
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:

Is that true

He has up and downs, has games where he is unblockable and others where he sort of vanishes. He's very raw, so if you draft him, you're getting a project, not a more complete player. Pretty outstanding upside though.

Agreed. I thought the Oklahoma game tape was mediocre, but he killed West Virginia. More good than bad. He is an anchor NT for a 34 team
Baylor DT Andrew Billings told me he has meet with the Bucs, Steelers, Lions, 49ers.
I love Billings as a prospect, but I can't help but be wary of Baylor, seeing as how many busts they've had in the last decade:

[ Edited by NinerSickness on Mar 16, 2016 at 11:23 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone