LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 175 users in the forums

Devonte Fields

Probably a Day 3 pick. Kind of reminds me of Aaron Lynch in terms of draft stock. Both had very promising freshman seasons. Something happened off the field that made them transfer and their stock took a hit. He could be good value on Day 3, but character will always be a concern. You never know when/how these guys will screw up.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Probably a Day 3 pick. Kind of reminds me of Aaron Lynch in terms of draft stock. Both had very promising freshman seasons. Something happened off the field that made them transfer and their stock took a hit. He could be good value on Day 3, but character will always be a concern. You never know when/how these guys will screw up.

Exactly why I wanna keep my fourths and fifths this year. Use the sixths and sevenths to move up in those rounds. Just go hog wild in signing UDFA's
I don't think this guy has signed yet. Anyone find anything? He must be a complete headcase to not even sign as an UDFA with signs of at least being a practice squad level player.
[ Edited by gored49 on May 1, 2017 at 12:27 PM ]
Originally posted by gored49:
I don't think this guy has signed yet. Anyone find anything? He must be a complete headcase to not even sign as an UDFA with signs of at least being a practice squad level player.

Yeah dude has legit 1st/2nd round talent. He must be completely FUBARed character wise to not even have gotten a tryout.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on May 1, 2017 at 12:54 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Yeah dude has legit 1st/2nd round talent. He must be completely FUBARed character wise to not even have gotten a tryout.

This is what I'm thinking
I google his name everyday and nnothing pops up
He must not have seriously screwed up in interviews
Apparently this guy and Myles Garrett were on the same high school football team

I would not want to have played QB against them
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
5 days in free agency and still unsigned. His interviews must've been horrible.
Originally posted by TheNef77:
5 days in free agency and still unsigned. His interviews must've been horrible.

There was that one really awkward moment where he asked a GM if his mother was a prostitute.
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Over a week and still no news

Can't believe no one is giving this guy a chance.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
The Bengals and Patriots are checking is background... Cincy sees too much of Burfict in him..
Originally posted by Alfienator:

Yeah but you have no clue as to the degree of trainwreck that he might be the way NFL teams.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Alfienator:

Yeah but you have no clue as to the degree of trainwreck that he might be the way NFL teams.

I'm not saying I do but look at all the questionable players who got picked. i.e. Joe Mixon
[ Edited by Alfienator on May 19, 2017 at 10:40 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone