LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 303 users in the forums

1st Mock Draft for 2016

Departures:
Bethea, Brooks, Dorsey, Boldin, Dawson, Bush, Wilhoite, TJE, Devey, Cadet, Gaskin, Lemonier

Free Agent Signings:
Muhammad Sanu - WR - Alshon Jeffries will probably get tagged in Chicago and Sanu has been overshadowed by Green in Cincinnati would compliment Smith very well.

Derek Wolfe - DE - Wilkerson is the prize of this coming free agency if he hits the open market. If he does we can offer him a huge contract but that's not Baalkes way of doing business. Wolfe will be a free agent since Denver will be strapped for cash after resigning Miller. Wolfe is a 2 gap DE who would look good on the line with Dial in base personal.

Trades:
I'm thinking we will be picking around 7-9 in the coming draft and we will probably miss out on J. Smith and J. Goff so we trade down to around the 12th pick and pick up an extra 3rd round.

Draft:
Round 1:
Leonard Floyd - OLB - Georgia - A pass rusher we can match up with Lynch. Would be like Aldon Smith was his rookie year only subbing in on Pass rush situations.

Round 2:
Jourdan Lewis - CB - Michigan - Lewis may not come out this year but it would be a mistake he has played incredible and if he drops to the 2nd we would have a legit corner who would eventually be our #1 guy at corner.

Round 3:
Nick Martin - C/G - Notre Dame - We need to address the Guard situation I like Tiller and Boone but if either get hurt then it will be troublesome.

Scooby Wright lll - MLB - Arizona - this is my guy his injury this year is keeping him under the radar. A pit bull out there at middle linebacker.

Round 4:
Gunner Kiel - QB - Cincinnati- A good back up who has room to improve.

Paul Perkins - RB - UCLA - We have a good back up in Davis for Hyde but with losing Bush we need a dynamic playmaker in the backfield.

Round 5:
Devonte Fields - TCU - Current war room draft crush and can see why has a good inside pass rush even against double teams.

Round 6:
Robert Aguayo - K - Florida State - Youth movement continues and we get a kicker for 10+ years

Jordan Swindle - OT - Probably finds the practice squad his first year here but eventual depth guy.

Re-Signings: Ian Williams, Andrew Tiller, Steven Draugn, Marcus Cromartie, Garrett Celek, Alex Boone, Chris Davis (PS), Mike Purcell

Restructure:
Colin Karpernick- I'm a Kap supporter and I think it's funny that the offensive line gets big changes when Kap is out at QB. He probably won't be back but if we don't find trade for him then I say restructure humans bring him back and let him compete.

Depth Chart:
QB: Gabbert, Kap, Kiel
RB: Hyde, Davis, Draughn, Perkins, Hayne
FB: Miller
WR: Smith, Sanu, Patton, Ellington, White, Smelter, Simpson
TE: Celek, Bell, McDonald
OT: Staley, Davis, Brown
OG: Boone, Tiller, Thomas, Martin
C: Kilgore, Martin

DE: Dial, Wolfe, Armstead, Fields
NT: Williams, Purcell
OLB: Lynch, Carradine, Floyd, Harold
MLB: Bowman, Wright, Hodges, Bellore
CB: Brock, Lewis, Acker, Johnson, Cromartie, Reaser
FS: Reid, Ward
SS: Tartt, McCray

K: Aguayo
P: Pinion
LS: McDermott

Unfortunately this team isn't 1 offseason away from being a super bowl contender. So I'm sorry I did not take a QB to hold all our hopes and dreams on to and instead put together building blocks to rebuild this Defense back to being the top 5 Defense we all love it being. I also didn't want to have the normal picks that are in most the mock drafts. Love the feedback.

HAVE A GREAT THANKSGIVING FAITHFUL!!!
If we miss out on Goff or Smith, #7-9 would be great for Myles Jack. He'd be an immediate upgrade over Kevin Wilhoite in coverage.

I'd also hope for some OL in free agency.

Scooby reminds me of a LB-version of Hyde: crash-test dummy who throws himself everywhere, but can get really banged up.
I Like Jack but I would rather have someone who can force a quarterback to throw it before 4 seconds in the pocket than have someone who can cover for 4 seconds.
So to move up into the top 10 would only cost a extra 3rd? I'd rather pick BPA and I don't think Floyd is a top 12 guy and a little light in the pants.

Overall not a fan of the draft...thanks for the write up though
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Nov 24, 2015 at 1:28 PM ]
I really don't like your first 2 picks because IMO we have bigger needs than CB and I would love Floyd as a mid 1st round pick but we will probably be picking top 12 so I think it will have much better players on board(Smith, Stanley, Buckner and Goff). Other thing that I don't like anout your draft is the Kaep, I think he should be traded.

However I like each one of your picks after the 3rd round. Wright, Martin, Kiel and Aguayo can all start right away or at least make a push for the job.
[ Edited by joaosoarrs99 on Nov 24, 2015 at 3:06 PM ]
Didn't feel like doing the math to figure out the cost of moving up in the draft. Sorry won't let it happen again.
Lewis for Michigan is a really good corner.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Lewis for Michigan is a really good corner.

i agree. Harbaugh really likes him
i would like more focus on the O-line. It should be our #1 priority to rebuilding this team.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
i would like more focus on the O-line. It should be our #1 priority to rebuilding this team.

I think that depends if Anthony Davis comes back I good shape(which he said he has been working out and staying in shape). If we resign Boone, and how Kilgore looks once he is back. If Kilgore looks good then that leaves us weak at guard but Tiller has looked good and is now starting. So I agree it's #1 priority but we have pieces already for the weakness other than depth.

Originally posted by Hysterikal:

I think that depends if Anthony Davis comes back I good shape(which he said he has been working out and staying in shape). If we resign Boone, and how Kilgore looks once he is back. If Kilgore looks good then that leaves us weak at guard but Tiller has looked good and is now starting. So I agree it's #1 priority but we have pieces already for the weakness other than depth.

True. But my fear is that A.Davis wont be the same when he comes back. I hope he is still staying in shape. It is very possible that if he comes back, he wont be the same
True. But my fear is that A.Davis wont be the same when he comes back. I hope he is still staying in shape. It is very possible that if he comes back, he wont be the same

Absolutely agree and he will be rusty but if by end of preseason he is 70% back to his old form it would be an upgrade from our current RT. Plus he brought the attitude to this teams O-line and it is sorely missed. Lots of "ifs" I'm playing with but it's a very early mock offseason lots will change. Players in my draft will rise and some will fall. im just hoping for some best case scenarios. But I want to have a good pass rush that's why it was my focus.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Why does everybody want to lose Bethea and Dorsey? This makes no sense. They are both great vets to have around. And in Bethea's case, a former pro bowl player.

Can we go ONE offseason without losing strong pro bowl vets who can still contribute?

I'll never understand the need to just cast people off because you think you've found something better. We have a crapload of cap room and a desperate need for leadership. They both stay.
[ Edited by okdkid on Nov 25, 2015 at 12:41 PM ]
Originally posted by okdkid:
Why does everybody want to lose Bethea and Dorsey? This makes no sense. They are both great vets to have around. And in Bethea's case, a former pro bowl player.

Can we go ONE offseason without losing strong pro bowl vets who can still contribute?

I'll never understand the need to just cast people off because you think you've found something better. We have a crapload of cap room and a desperate need for leadership. They both stay.

Bethea deserves a chance to compete for a ring and we have Tartt who is just as good as Bethea has been this year. As far as Dorsey I wouldn't mind him being back but with how long players seem to take to recover from ACL tears on our team he might just be on IR next year.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Bethea deserves a chance to compete for a ring and we have Tartt who is just as good as Bethea has been this year. As far as Dorsey I wouldn't mind him being back but with how long players seem to take to recover from ACL tears on our team he might just be on IR next year.

In either case we are better off with them on the roster and in the locker room.
Share 49ersWebzone