LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 277 users in the forums

Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson - Legit alternative to Jared Goff in 2017?

Originally posted by AiNoKea:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Just putting my place marker here. After Kaepernick gets traded and Gabbert continues to show that he is nothing but a backup QB in the NFL, this will be the next bandwagon to jump on to for a QB desperate team. Maybe they actually tank the right way and are in position to draft Watson straight up.

Jump on the bandwagon now only to see him drafted by another team.

As long as Baalke is GM he will never draft the QB you want him to, then again the draft isn't even here yet and I'm blabbing!!!!

I mean outside of 2011 and this year we haven't really needed or been in a positon to draft a QB high so not sure what your blaming Baalke on ? You think we should have given up the farm like the Rams did? I don't.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 14, 2016 at 5:27 PM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Just putting my place marker here. After Kaepernick gets traded and Gabbert continues to show that he is nothing but a backup QB in the NFL, this will be the next bandwagon to jump on to for a QB desperate team. Maybe they actually tank the right way and are in position to draft Watson straight up.

Jump on the bandwagon now only to see him drafted by another team.

As long as Baalke is GM he will never draft the QB you want him to, then again the draft isn't even here yet and I'm blabbing!!!!

I mean outside of 2011 and this year we haven't really needed or been in a positon to draft a QB high so not sure what your blaming Baalke on ? You think we should have given up the farm like the Rams did? I don't.

I'm just speaking about all the QB's I've wanted to see as 49ers in the past three years or so. It never hurts to draft a QB to develop.

Of course it was too much to give up. Then again if you think a certain QB can be the leader of your franchise for years to come then you go out and get him at all cost, the trade was a bold move by the Rams that will most likely make or break their jobs. Sometimes you gotta make those risky moves to possibly take your franchise to the next level.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Who do you think will be in the TOP 5 (teams) in next year's draft??
1. Chicago
2. New York Jets
3. Cleveland
4. New Orleans
5. San Francisco

1. Chicago
2. New York Jets
3. Cleveland
4. New Orleans
5. San Francisco

Bears? No one you see our schedule? Lol
I'm just speaking about all the QB's I've wanted to see as 49ers in the past three years or so. It never hurts to draft a QB to develop.

Of course it was too much to give up. Then again if you think a certain QB can be the leader of your franchise for years to come then you go out and get him at all cost, the trade was a bold move by the Rams that will most likely make or break their jobs. Sometimes you gotta make those risky moves to possibly take your franchise to the next level.

Who did you want? The trade was a dumb one IMO they arent one QB away from being good. I can't think of one trade like this that actually work for the team that blew up there draft for two seasons
My guess on the draft next year:
1. Browns
2. 49ers
3. Chargers
4. Bears
5. Titans

If Garrett balls out in 2016, we may not have to worry about anyone trading up with the Browns to draft Watson. And he'd be a decent consolation prize if we do miss out on Watson.

In terms of talent, the Browns and the 49ers are at the bottom of the league by a long margin followed by the chargers. If you look at the other bad teams in the league, they pretty much all have improved since last year (Cowboys and Ravens because they have players back from injury, Titans have loads of draft capital now and a franchise QB, Jaguars made some big acquisitions in free agency). The Bears have some young talent and will get Kevin White back this year to complement Jeffery in an Adam Gase offense. The Chargers are tough to predict because they have one of the best QB's in the league so if they can surround him with any talent, they could bounce back a bit.
[ Edited by eastcoast49ersfan on Apr 14, 2016 at 6:57 PM ]
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
1. Browns
2. 49ers
3. Chargers
4. Bears
5. Titans

If Garrett balls out in 2016, we may not have to worry about anyone trading up with the Browns to draft Watson. And he'd be a decent consolation prize if we do miss out on Watson.

In terms of talent, the Browns and the 49ers are at the bottom of the league by a long margin followed by the chargers. If you look at the other bad teams in the league, they pretty much all have improved since last year (Cowboys and Ravens because they have players back from injury, Titans have loads of draft capital now and a franchise QB, Jaguars made some big acquisitions in free agency). The Bears have some young talent and will get Kevin White back this year to complement Jeffery in an Adam Gase offense. The Chargers are tough to predict because they have one of the best QB's in the league so if they can surround him with any talent, they could bounce back a bit.

Id happily take Garrett but at some point they have to get a QB and I doubt theyd be in position to take Rosen in 2018 unless something goes horribly wrong.
1. Browns
2. 49ers
3. Chargers
4. Bears
5. Titans

It's sad but true. Looking at our schedule, there are few games that I would confidently say we will win. I'm usually an optimist, but I'm expecting us to be picking in the top 5 next year if not the top 3. We and the Browns could be the two worst teams.

You never know, but I'm having a hard time staying optimistic. Goff was the thing that kept me hopeful. Now that he's out of the picture, I'm not sure what to look forward to. Some offensive improvement, I guess?
[ Edited by jb49ers80 on Apr 14, 2016 at 7:03 PM ]
No way Watson is going no1 next year

1. Browns
2. 49ers
3. Chargers
4. Bears
5. Titans

Id happily take Garrett but at some point they have to get a QB and I doubt theyd be in position to take Rosen in 2018 unless something goes horribly wrong.

Who knows maybe some QB balls out next year...I mean did we think wentz might be the #1 pick in the draft this time last year?
1. Browns
2. 49ers
3. Chargers
4. Bears
5. Titans

bears don't have gase anymore. dolphins HC
So where does he fall in comparison to kids coming out the past few years?
Originally posted by jreff22:

Rates higher than the guys this year. Think he ranks up there with Mariota.
Originally posted by jreff22:

Rates higher than the guys this year. Think he ranks up there with Mariota.

I'd put him higher then mariota..he has been under center way more already,,lil less athletic..player stronger competition..more to read passing wise..I feel better touch on the ball..not as strong as an arm the mariota but strong..its close but I think after Watsons Sr year he is going to be a better prospect and sure number 1 pick..Kaaya isn't close..
Share 49ersWebzone