LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 227 users in the forums

Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson - Legit alternative to Jared Goff in 2017?

Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
Someone will trade up to #1 overall to grab him, happens all the time.

If not he will be our pick at #2.

Not sure about that but if Mark Sanchez can go #5 then I guess Watson can be # 1 overall

Goff went #1 overall last year!

Watson is a much better prospect than Goff and would have went #1 overall last year had he left early.

He is not a much better prospect lol he's a much better college football player.

He's a much better QB prospect.

Look at the; film, stats, NCAA Championship ring, Athleticism, leadership qualities, he's got it all.
He is not a much better prospect lol he's a much better college football player.

How is Goff a better prospect? Just curious on why many think that.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran

Look at the; film, stats, NCAA Championship ring, Athleticism, leadership qualities, he's got it all.

What you don't understand is that Jared Goff, like Luke Falk, can throw the s**t about of the ball in single coverage with nothing on the line.
Originally posted by okdkid:

What you don't understand is that Jared Goff, like Luke Falk, can throw the s**t about of the ball in single coverage with nothing on the line.

LOL
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:

In my opinion, Dak Prescott should be with the Rams and Goff should be with the Cowboys based on where they were drafted.
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
Someone will trade up to #1 overall to grab him, happens all the time.

If not he will be our pick at #2.

Not sure about that but if Mark Sanchez can go #5 then I guess Watson can be # 1 overall

Goff went #1 overall last year!

Watson is a much better prospect than Goff and would have went #1 overall last year had he left early.

what film you watching? lol seriously cuz the film doesn't say that. . could he be better then Goff absolutely but that's not what the film actually says if u know what your watching
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:

decision making, ball placement. accuracy. with what they put on film at the collegiate level Goff did these things better. . . with that being said it doesn't necessarily mean Watson won't be better at the next level with hard work and being put in a position to succeed
[ Edited by Zachary13White on Jan 16, 2017 at 4:41 PM ]

Dream scenario is obviously Myles Garrett, but if gone trade down with Jets since they're in love with Trubisky get additional picks and at #4 pick Mike Williams in the 2nd round get Watson
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
Dream scenario is obviously Myles Garrett, but if gone trade down with Jets since they're in love with Trubisky get additional picks and at #4 pick Mike Williams in the 2nd round get Watson

Dream scenario only bc no way Watson lasts until 2nd round.
Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline passes along that "after surveying league people during the first day of Shrine [Game] practice, the overwhelming belief is [Clemson QB Deshaun] Watson will receive second-round grades in war rooms."

"He'll grade well in the areas of character and leadership," Pauline writes, "but his accuracy down the field and out to the flanks has been a constant worry. Teams here also question whether or not Watson can play from the pocket." The analyst doesn't think the first round is out of the question for the 6-foot-2, 205-pounder, but believes that would likely only come if a team in need of a quarterback were to trade up from the second round to grab Watson in the final 10 picks of Round 1 (much like the Vikings did with Teddy Bridgewater).

http://draftanalyst.com/shrine-game-buzz-monday-evening

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout
Important info... I'm told Deshaun Watson will not be attending Senior Bowl. Makes sense given how long his season ran.

I would be very happy with that!

Until I woke up, because that's not happening in reality....
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:

Well....... we could trade back to the late 1st for Watson?
I understand the long season excuse but I think Watson could've really helped himself with a trip to the senior bowl.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:

Well....... we could trade back to the late 1st for Watson?

I would be stoked if they could pull that off. Going into next season with Shanahan, Watson and Williams would make the most optimistic about the 9ers that I've been since 2013.

But let's wait and see what the talk is after the combine. My take is that with as many teams needing QBs as there are, guys like Watson are not going to last until late in the 1st. Whoever the top 2 or 3 QBs are they will go earlier. The only way Watson slips to late first or second round is if Trubisky and Kizer go early and everyone is down on Watson. Seems unlikely but who knows....
Share 49ersWebzone