LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 297 users in the forums

Phoenix49ers 2016 Mock Draft V2.0

Originally posted by mayo49:
Good mock, Phoenix. What are your thoughts on Gabbert. Do you take Wentz and sit him while Gab starts a few years?

My ideal situation would be Gabbert performing like a high quality game manager while Wentz sits and develops behind him. If Gabbert can be a source of stability and continue to do a good job consistently, that would be outstanding.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
My ideal situation would be Gabbert performing like a high quality game manager while Wentz sits and develops behind him. If Gabbert can be a source of stability and continue to do a good job consistently, that would be outstanding.

In that case, best to lock him into a 3 year extension this offseason. First, you always need a capable veteran backup that can come in and win games. Second, if Gabbert performs well -- we would have fantastic trade bait two years from now should a rookie QB take over.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I think if we can sign Muhammed Wilkerson and bring in a decent interior lineman (flexible to play either guard position or center), tha5 will leave us in the best position in terms of realistic possibilities. Even if Bowman never returns to form, he is still good, and pairing him up with Jaylon Smith will give us a dominant inside presence at ILB again.

I don't think Wilkerson is happening. The reports coming out about the Jets indicate that they have every intention of franchising him and then attempting to trade him, they won't let him walk for nothing.

Derek Wolfe or another second tier DE it is.

I think every QB in this draft has developing to do and not a single one should be starting in the NFL next year. The advantage of taking a guy in the 2nd is that there is no immediate pressure to push them into the starting lineup. Wentz has all the tools that you want from a quarterback and spending a couple of seasons on the bench, not being thrown to the wolves right away, could do a whole lot of good, hopefully with a QB savvy head coach running things.

This is exactly why I am not sold on going QB with the first pick.
This looks really good, is this assuming a pick in the 7-12 range Phoenix ?

If picking 1-6 would you still take Smith or would you take one of the top tackles ? Sorry hugely hypothetical I know.
Good mock
i love this draft. If we throw in some good FA acquisitions on defense, we could really do some damage next year.
lol, if Baalke drafted back to back North Dakota St guys on Day 2...
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
North Dakota st lol yah I think I'll pass on that. lol
Originally posted by susweel:

Of course you would.

Of course you would.

lol

Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by 49ersGiants7:
Like it a lot. Wouldn't fill every single need but it gets us moving back in the proper direction.

we'll have $50MM in cap room. That means we can spend ~$40MM of that on FA. OL and DL, please
Agree. Even if all the draftees make the team, the Niners are still bad. The GM must go after starters in FA.

Nothing would make me happier than to see your mock.
Seriously
Originally posted by Quest4six:

Seriously

Susweel mock lol yah I think I'll pass on that. lol
Originally posted by Quest4six:

Seriously

Ditto.
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by 49ersGiants7:
Like it a lot. Wouldn't fill every single need but it gets us moving back in the proper direction.

we'll have $50MM in cap room. That means we can spend ~$40MM of that on FA. OL and DL, please
Agree. Even if all the draftees make the team, the Niners are still bad. The GM must go after starters in FA.

I think if the 49ers play their cards right, they could be in the running for a quick turnaround. It's not likely they will make all of these moves (get front office in order, get a high quality offensive minded coaching staff and a DC that will have a scheme that won't leave the players confused, some free agents that will fill some holes, and then the drafting a few day one starters), but we can always hope.
Great mock draft i would be very happy with it u filles a lot holes ... I do have a few what if questions...If Davis comes back and we keep him where does Haeg fit in left or right side ??? Can he handle left side duties???(Staley ain't getting any younger) Also I'm kinda scared of Wentz only because of tha spread Offensive system and cause u say he's a very mobile QB is he a kap 2.0 ???...sup with tha pass rush man ????
[ Edited by tatdwolf49 on Nov 26, 2015 at 11:44 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone