There are 292 users in the forums

A'Shawn Robinson

This guy looks like he could be a STUD on the end. His size (6-4 315lbs) may have him better suited as a NT, and that strength he plays with definitely warrants it...

But his athleticism makes him versatile enough to play on the end. There are a couple of clips in this video where he gets in the backfield and has to chase down or tackle a QB (who isn't a scrambler nowadays in college)
Not sure where he is going to fall, but I think if we wind up picking 5-10th he could be worth a look if Bosa and Nkemdiche are already off the board
Dude is pretty light on his feet for his size...id rather have Buckner if you wanted a DE though. But things could change as the process goes.
If we were going after a nose tackle I'd rather have Andrew Billings. If we were going after a 3-4 end I'd rather have Chris Jones, Nk, or Bucker
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Dude is pretty light on his feet for his size...id rather have Buckner if you wanted a DE though. But things could change as the process goes.

Originally posted by shmuck:
If we were going after a nose tackle I'd rather have Andrew Billings. If we were going after a 3-4 end I'd rather have Chris Jones, Nk, or Bucker

The reason I want Robinson is the same reason our run game has been crap lately. I think Bucker is a better fit in a hybrid defense like the Ravens or Colts, I don't think we can depend on him to be a pass rusher AND a run stopper in a 3-4. Hate to say it because I am a huge Oregon fan (graduate soon) but he isn't going to be the guy to swallow up blockers in the NFL unless there is a significant change to his strength, and weight (which should affect his mobility).
Not to mention I'm not sure if anybody saw his Michigan State game, but he was absolutely shut down by Conklin.

Robinson is a run stopper first, which is exactly what is needed on a 3-4. Bucker is a tweener.
This is in a nutshell what I am talking about, and this is something I haven't seen many DT do in the NCAA lately.
http://www.draftbreakdown.com/gif-embed/?clip=255571&gif=UnrulyUntriedDrafthorse
[ Edited by Quest4six on Nov 23, 2015 at 3:23 PM ]
dbl
[ Edited by Quest4six on Nov 23, 2015 at 3:25 PM ]
Depending on where the Niners land in the top 10, this guy has to be a consideration. Would definitely help as a base end in our 3-4 who can also rush the paaser.
Originally posted by Quest4six:
The reason I want Robinson is the same reason our run game has been crap lately. I think Bucker is a better fit in a hybrid defense like the Ravens or Colts, I don't think we can depend on him to be a pass rusher AND a run stopper in a 3-4. Hate to say it because I am a huge Oregon fan (graduate soon) but he isn't going to be the guy to swallow up blockers in the NFL unless there is a significant change to his strength, and weight (which should affect his mobility).
Not to mention I'm not sure if anybody saw his Michigan State game, but he was absolutely shut down by Conklin.

Robinson is a run stopper first, which is exactly what is needed on a 3-4. Bucker is a tweener.

So your not a fan of Williams?
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Quest4six:

So your not a fan of Williams?

I like Ian Williams, but I wouldn't want Robinson in his position. I want Robinson where Dorsey has been playing.

Armstead-Williams-Robinson
I'll stick to my guns and keep sayin the name Jaylon Smith! The niners need a impact lb period Whilhote sucks and that's putting its nicely! We medic a ton of help but at 6 in the draft this guy is a plug in player. Starter from day one! Bowman needs help bad!

• FL9er
  • Veteran
Dude looks like a young Muhammad Wilkerson,
Want.

If they could somehow get Robinson, Billings & Connor Cook, I'd be one happy NinerSickness.
Share 49ersWebzone