LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 160 users in the forums

MBA Mock Draft ver 1.0

After another disappointing showing against the hated Seahawks, here is my first attempt at a mock based on the Niners current needs and NFL Draft Scout.com currrent prospect ranking. I have included three additional comp picks based on speculation from Niners Nation.

Round 1 Jaylon Smith 6'3" 240 lbs ILB Notre Dame - anyone who saw the lack of tackling yesterday would like to have PWilly ver 2.0 in the middle of our defense
Round 2 Jordan Jenkins 6'2" 253 lbs OLB Georgia - need another pass rusher to rotate with Lynch and Harold because Brooks is history
Round 3 Landon Turner 6'3" 325 lbs OG North Carolina - need to rebuild the right side of our line with or without A. Davis coming back
Round 4 Jacoby Brisset 6'3" 235 lbs QB NC State - our developmental pick at QB; should also add a free agent to compete as well
Round 4 Comp Chris Jones 6'5" 308 lbs DT Mississippi State - need a d lineman would can create some havoc again
Round 5 DJ White CB 5'11" 188 lbs CB Georgia Tech - mid round CB prospect
Round 5 Comp Devon Cajuste 6'3" 227 lbs Stanford - WR or H back to help whomever is at QB
Round 6 Max Tuerck 6'6" 285 lbs USC - All Pac 12 first teamer from last year who went down with a knee injury; 3rd round prospect who drops
Round 6 Comp Kevin Patterson 5'11" 190 lbs Oklahoma State - can alwarys use another CB the way our team cycles through them
Round 6 Comp Jonathan Williams 5'11" 223 lbs RB Arkansas - someone to compete for the backup spot behind Hyde

Your thoughts...........
[ Edited by m_brockalexander on Nov 23, 2015 at 12:54 PM ]
So exactly who is the qb of the future?
Originally posted by lamontb:
So exactly who is the qb of the future?

In this scenario, you would have Gabbert as the QB of the present with Brisset as the primary backup/QB of the future. The QB of the future may be another year away. I just don't know if the current management has the balls to draft a QB like Goff at #6 (,,,,,if he declares) or even (......God forbid) still keep Kaep around by some miracle or twist of fate.
[ Edited by m_brockalexander on Nov 23, 2015 at 1:31 PM ]
Excellent mock MBA!!!! Good stuff.
Big fan MBA
Just not sure how I feel about waiting to the 3rd round to address the biggest position of need IMO

But if Smith is there when we pick first it would be stupid not to take him.
nice mock...like the j.brissett pick dont think theres a qb worth a top 10 selection imo
if they drop to us like that that would be very good
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Big fan MBA
Just not sure how I feel about waiting to the 3rd round to address the biggest position of need IMO

But if Smith is there when we pick first it would be stupid not to take him.

Biggest impact on the oline will be whether or not Anthony Davis returns this coming season. If we could plug him back in at RT with T. Brown to back him up, Turner would be a nice fit inside. If Davis comes back and moves to OG, then this pick would be an OT who could play either side.
Like the 1st 2 picks & the developmental QB
Fix one side or the other, you choose D. I would go OL with the first two picks.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Fix one side or the other, you choose D. I would go OL with the first two picks.

Since this is version 1.0, things could always change the closer we get to the draft. Point taken.

I like this draft. Even though we may not look like it, I don't think we are far from having a top notch defense again. We have two young guys that already attract double teams and offensive coordinators will surely have to game plan for them next season.

However we are missing sound tackling inside. This draft gives us an immediate starter to fix that. We need more of a pass rush to help out Aaron Lynch. This draft addresses that. I'd prefer a tackle over a guard, but at least the O-line was addressed. A slight need is running back. We need someone reliable behind Carlos Hyde. I expect Mike Davis to not make the 53 next season. We get a nice backup in the right spot given his injury.

I will be looking further into Brissett, but I like what I have read so far and he's perfect to draft and sit behind Blaine Gabbert.
Share 49ersWebzone