There are 169 users in the forums

Ezekiel Elliott

Hyde's ability to last a season without injuries is a pretty big concern to me. He's someone who takes a lot of hits and it just seems like that injury was waiting to happen all year. That being said 2nd round is still pretty high. I wouldn't be mad if he took him because he's been unstoppable and he was actually right about that MSU game but I doubt it would be my first selection.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Hyde's ability to last a season without injuries is a pretty big concern to me. He's someone who takes a lot of hits and it just seems like that injury was waiting to happen all year. That being said 2nd round is still pretty high. I wouldn't be mad if he took him because he's been unstoppable and he was actually right about that MSU game but I doubt it would be my first selection.

I agree, this is why I think RB should be taken in rounds 3-5 again. Mike Davis has been a huge disappointment IMO and I was excited when the 49ers drafted him.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:

I agree, this is why I think RB should be taken in rounds 3-5 again. Mike Davis has been a huge disappointment IMO and I was excited when the 49ers drafted him.

I agree. Mike Davis is straight trash, even I can run faster than him. LOL. The dude needs to be cut. Players like that is a complete waste of space and a roster spot. I really don't like this South Carolina thing that Baalke got going on. Same goes with Dylan Thomspon, but I am going off topic. 3rd-5th round sounds about right.
Meh.

No RB in the first 3 rounds unless some obscene value presents itself IMO.

Sounds about right. Shaun Draughn, a guy who may not even be in the league next season, looks like an All-Pro compared to Mike Davis. Granted, our run blocking hasn't been the best, but goodness.

It would be more realistic to spotlight some 3rd - 7th round backs.

I think its hard to evaluate Davis considering the state of the OL. Nobody has had holes open for them this season. If Hyde were a lesser RB he'd have averaged less than 3 ypc considering how many times defenders met him in the backfield. Draughns is a more experienced back and simply looks to head for daylight without dancing.
He won't be there in the 2nd. If happens to slide that far in the draft, I cringe at the thought of Seattle, Carolina, or the Pats taking him. Hell even teams like the Jets, Texans, Broncos, Bears may all want his talents.
He's not gonna fall to the 2nd rd bro, we'll have to take him in thr 1st. Im all for it. Him and hyde would be wonderful.
Originally posted by JDMathews49ers:
He won't be there in the 2nd. If happens to slide that far in the draft, I cringe at the thought of Seattle, Carolina, or the Pats taking him. Hell even teams like the Jets, Texans, Broncos, Bears may all want his talents.

If we miss out on Jared Goff, Jaylon Smith is the perfect consolation prize. I'd have no fear of any back with him and Bowman playing inside.
Can we draft him in the 2nd and fix the Oline in FA?

Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
If we miss out on Jared Goff, Jaylon Smith is the perfect consolation prize. I'd have no fear of any back with him and Bowman playing inside.

I'd LOVE to draft Jaylon Smith but after today, my top 4 would be Goff, Stanley, Tunsil or Treadwell. Gotta focus on the offense....not exactly Baalke's forte.
RB should be the last position we draft in the first round, but man Elliot in Kellys zone read plays would be deadly alongside Hyde.
I don't think he will last until the 2nd round.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
RB should be the last position we draft in the first round, but man Elliot in Kellys zone read plays would be deadly alongside Hyde.

IMAGINE that... I hope we draft him
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I don't think he will last until the 2nd round.

There's no way that happens IMO. GMs aren't stupid enough to let that happen. Elliot is everything you want in a RB. If he's there when Belichick is drafting, he'll be a Patriot.
Share 49ersWebzone