LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 205 users in the forums

Ezekiel Elliott

What do you guys think of drafting Ezekiel Elliot in the 2nd round?

The guy is an absolute beast and would pair well with Carlos Hyde.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/stats/_/id/549811/ezekiel-elliott
I wouldn't like to draft Ezekiel Elliott because he have much bigger needs than RB and if we want to get a good backup we could do it in the later rounds(Chris Ivory was an UDFA, Devonta Freeman was a 4th round pick, Justin Forsett was picked in the 7th round, DeMarco Murray and Frank Gore were 3rd round picks)
If he's the BPA, great. I'm all for BPA. It really depends on who's there.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
If he's the BPA, great. I'm all for BPA. It really depends on who's there.

I agree. I'm hoping for Goff in the 1st.
Why? If we take a QB in the first we'll need Oline and a WR. If it's not a need why take a back so early. I agree he's a beast, he could very well go in the first round. If we take another back it won't be until the mid to late rounds. We have needs at too many other positions.
with his comments today blaming the coaches for loss to msu I would say pass...niners don't need any more immature, entitled,selfish me first players
Showed a crappy attitude after the loss yesterday. That's a major character flaw imo.
Originally posted by hofer36:
with his comments today blaming the coaches for loss to msu I would say pass...niners don't need any more immature, entitled,selfish me first players

This. I get that its a young player showing frustration but man he did not come off well at all. He gave teams a reason to doubt him and a potential character issue to nitpick to death.

Greg Gabriel ‏@greggabe 2h2 hours ago Regardless of talent Elliot's remarks post OSU game yesterday cost him $. Obviously not a team guy

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by hofer36:

I heard this on the radio this morning, I thought that's messed up, just shut your mouth and do your job. I hope the 49ers stay away.

• Rascal
  • Veteran
Same as everyone, Elliot was an interesting talent until he lost it after the loss to Michigan State.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/11/21/9776604/ezekiel-elliott-ohio-state-coaches-michigan-state-play-calling
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:
Same as everyone, Elliot was an interesting talent until he lost it after the loss to Michigan State.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/11/21/9776604/ezekiel-elliott-ohio-state-coaches-michigan-state-play-calling

But, I will say this, he was absolutely right about the awful playcalling. Urban Meyer was straight trash.132 yards of total offense, how pathetic!!

You guys are nuts. You don't want a guy b/c he's mad his team lost and he made some dumb comments. The guy hasn't had one on the field or off the field issue. Now he's selfish immature and a bad person to have on your team b/c he's mad they didn't give him the ball enough in the 2nd half. Not to mention his comments were correct and his teammates are backing him. Plus he apologized. His emotions got the best of him after a tough lost.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
You guys are nuts. You don't want a guy b/c he's mad his team lost and he made some dumb comments. The guy hasn't had one on the field or off the field issue. Now he's selfish immature and a bad person to have on your team b/c he's mad they didn't give him the ball enough in the 2nd half. Not to mention his comments were correct and his teammates are backing him. Plus he apologized. His emotions got the best of him after a tough lost.

Absolutely. Do you have any idea what might happen to you if you attack your HC in front of the press? That in itself is a fireable offense. Players get cut for things that are much less serious than this all the time. You miss a couple of meetings and a flight? Byebye.
He is a 2nd round player
He's good in all things but not special in anything.He somewhat lacks vision and patience when run between the tackles.

Versatility is the word that suits better his skillset
Share 49ersWebzone