There are 141 users in the forums

NFL likely to allow teams to trade comp picks starting with 2016 Draft

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
So we'll have all 12 expected picks to navigate with -- great news.

1. First round: Own pick
2. Second round: Own pick
3. Third round: Own pick
4. Fourth round: Own pick
5. Fourth round: Comp pick (Mike Iupati)
6. Fifth round: Own pick
7. Fifth round: San Diego Chargers (2015 draft-day trade)
8. Fifth round: Comp pick (Perrish Cox)
9. Sixth round: Dallas Cowboys (2015 draft-day trade)
10. Sixth round: Denver Broncos (Vernon Davis trade)
11. Sixth round: Comp pick (Dan Skuta)
12. Sixth round: Comp pick (Frank Gore)

Best case scenario for us, and what I so badly hope happens is: Blaine Gabbert lights it up and we're able to trade CK for at LEAST a 4th or better. I don't see much trade bait other than that.

Thoughts on this trade? Kendricks signed a 4 yr $29 million deal... what if we swapped players and contracts with Philly they get Kap we get Kendricks, plus maybe some sort of draft pick swap?

They have Kendricks, Hicks, Kiko, and Ryan that's a lot of LBers.

They get a possible long-term QB with a year to year deal (not a ton of commitment) plus we change draft picks whatever that may be and we take on Kendricks salary and get a stud LB?
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Thoughts on this trade? Kendricks signed a 4 yr $29 million deal... what if we swapped players and contracts with Philly they get Kap we get Kendricks, plus maybe some sort of draft pick swap?

They get a possible long-term QB with a year to year deal (not a ton of commitment) plus we change draft picks whatever that may be and we take on Kendricks salary and get a stud LB?

I'd be fine with that. Kendricks is a playmaker and a position of need with a doable contract. Kap would be nice in that offense with crossing routes and WRs running open right in front of his face quite a bit. Certainly an upgrade over Bradford and Sanchez so a win-win for both teams
I'm guessing the comp picks will be valued like picks in the following rounds, but that still would grant the ability to make small jumps up the board to get a targeted guy. I think this is a smart move by the league (I guess that's possible???), and one that should have happened years ago.
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:

I'd be fine with that. Kendricks is a playmaker and a position of need with a doable contract. Kap would be nice in that offense with crossing routes and WRs running open right in front of his face quite a bit. Certainly an upgrade over Bradford and Sanchez so a win-win for both teams

Would not be opposed to swapping for a good 3-4 ILB at all. All I ask that we do is make sure we get the best deal possible for CK, if we do wind up electing to deal him this off-season.

Would not be opposed to swapping for a good 3-4 ILB at all. All I ask that we do is make sure we get the best deal possible for CK, if we do wind up electing to deal him this off-season.

KuhRAZY that we could be looking for Gabbert to make Kap obsolete. I really thought Kap was gonna put together a more effective season this year and be THE GUY. If Gabbert falters, I'd love it if Kap could pull it back together and be that guy we hoped he was becoming. It looks less likely as time goes by, though. Too bad. TONS of talent. A stud ILB would be great. $7MM isn't peanuts, but he's good. I'd like to spend $$ on the OL, but if Kap is moving on, we'll have the $$ to spend in more than one place, for sure.

Right! Sign me up as the new GM hahaha

Agreed people say there wouldn't be a market but I think there is...if the Rams can trade a QB who's made of glass and has a $12 million cap hit for a 2nd and Foles (for what that's worth) there's gonna be some kind of market.

Kaps deal is team friends and your not pot committed ,plus you could alway retool his contract if he plays well.

Best case scenario for us, and what I so badly hope happens is: Blaine Gabbert lights it up and we're able to trade CK for at LEAST a 4th or better. I don't see much trade bait other than that.

Definitely think we can recover decent compensation for Kap. Maybe not quite the 2 2nd rounders we got for Alex Smith, but I think we can at least get a day 2 pick.

This draft haul combined with free agent dollars will result in a much better roster on paper next year even with Baalke as GM. I don't think he takes any ACL projects this year.
Originally posted by 49ersGiants7:

Definitely think we can recover decent compensation for Kap. Maybe not quite the 2 2nd rounders we got for Alex Smith, but I think we can at least get a day 2 pick.

This draft haul combined with free agent dollars will result in a much better roster on paper next year even with Baalke as GM. I don't think he takes any ACL projects this year.

If he does take ACL Players, he'll probably do it on the last round. Rather have him pick injured players on the last round instead of 2nd/3rd rounds.
There is absolutely no logical reason why not. Why should you not be able to trade your own compensatory picks? They are your picks. You should be able to do whatever you want with them. It's completely rediculous that you could not in the first place.

Share 49ersWebzone