LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 203 users in the forums

RONNIE STANLEY

Originally posted by WildBill:
Originally posted by harryj:
i like staley a lot but if AD comes back i dont think we need a T

I get a feeling that Davis ends up not coming back, even though he said so....other wise he would have filed papers. Unless he is waiting for the niners to draft someone so that he can ask for a trade?

This can be seen as a message to AD. Whether he does or not, OL needs to be addressed.
Id still like to see WTF is yup with Brandon Thomas he was pretty good in college and not tiny by any means.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/brandon-thomas?id=2543702

I wouldn't hate the pick but I'd rather throw some vets on the line through FA
Not a position of need
Originally posted by strickac:
Not a position of need

Say what? Of course its a position of need. Staley will be 32 next fb season and his play is in decline. Davis may or not play well after a year off. That remains to be seen. The can easily move Davis inside anyway and play Stanley at RT.

Building the OL has to be a top priority for this team because last year was about as bad as it can get.
Would be the least surprising pick to me at 7
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

I would be very happy with either Stanley or Buckner. I think both can be elite at their positions. Who knows, however, if either will be there at 7.
Not a position of need

its one of the biggest needs haha
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

I would be very happy with either Stanley or Buckner. I think both can be elite at their positions. Who knows, however, if either will be there at 7.

I would like the Stanley pick because Joe Staley is getting up there and Stanley would be a good heir to LT and by then we can move trent brown to RT, given that he continues to develop. With this pick we can be set at OT for the future.

O-line should be our first priority.
I think it would be a good pick. If he is BPA when it comes our turn I would not be upset.
I think I ask this every year...but how often do the Niners actually draft someone in the 1st that they interview?

Goodell - "With the ____ pick of the ____ draft, the San Francisco 49ers select _________"

Me - WHO?!?!?

• 9moon
  • Veteran
if we can sign CHRIS LONG and allow him to bring Justin Smith type of attitude to the team, then I'll be more than happy to land a fellow GOLDEN DOMER!!
Not a position of need

Say what? Of course its a position of need. Staley will be 32 next fb season and his play is in decline. Davis may or not play well after a year off. That remains to be seen. The can easily move Davis inside anyway and play Stanley at RT.

Building the OL has to be a top priority for this team because last year was about as bad as it can get.

Staley is playing well. Davis said he'll be back. Brown played very well. That's 3 solid starters, where one one ride the pine. Another 1st round pick at the position doesn't make sense.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Not a position of need

its one of the biggest needs haha

Nope
Not a position of need

Staley is playing well. Davis said he'll be back. Brown played very well. That's 3 solid starters, where one one ride the pine. Another 1st round pick at the position doesn't make sense.

Maybe not to you but I think it makes perfect sense. How long do you think Joe Staley is going to play at even a good level. You think he is playing well but I saw a player whose skills are declining. Stanley is an elite pass blocker and can play LT. Neither Anthony Davis or Brown are left tackles.

The Niners have to build for the next few years and not just worry about next season. Stanley would be an important piece to get this OL back to being a solid unit.

It amazes me how some of you trust AD. I mean really? What the f**k is he waiting for? How anyone could trust this guy again is amazing. He is a quitter!! Sign the papers already!
Share 49ersWebzone