LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 215 users in the forums

Vernon Hargreaves CB Florida

Originally posted by strickac:
My mistake. The top OTs seem to be busting at a high rate. People love to call them safe picks, but not so much.

CBs are like QBs in that there's just not many impact players at the position. They typically don't produce the first couple years either.

I want Trent to build a dominant front seven, that's it. We've spent too many early picks on the secondary. Chip can handle the offense. Just get him another RB.

No prob

Yeah I think building our front 7 is much more important and we are so young in the secondary.
Originally posted by 9moon:
H3 is Ray Buchanon (Miami) all over again.. short, fast and can't cover.. I rather wait in the late first and/or early 2nd and draft Jack3.

Dude was the only CB in cfb that could stop Amari Cooper and you say he can't cover? I understand you wouldn't like the pick but don't say he can't cover that is simply false.
Have a gut feeling VH he will be bust.
Originally posted by WildBill:

Have a gut feeling I will bust a nut when we finally draft a beast corner in VH
Originally posted by Zachary:
Originally posted by WildBill:

Have a gut feeling I will bust a nut when we finally draft a beast corner in VH

In a trade down scenario this Guy would be a dream. Hargreaves, butler, or lawson. yes please.
Always wary about taking CBs very high because they just seem to be a difficult position to project and have high first round bust rates. Didn't like what Chesson did to him in the Bowl Game. I actually don't see him as a huge bust but I would steer clear of any DB other than Ramsey with #7.
Originally posted by GoldenJoe:
Always wary about taking CBs very high because they just seem to be a difficult position to project and have high first round bust rates. Didn't like what Chesson did to him in the Bowl Game. I actually don't see him as a huge bust but I would steer clear of any DB other than Ramsey with #7.

Patrick Peterson and Joe Haden were worth it, but i know what you mean.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Another player who could be in the conversation at 7 IMO, everything depends on how the board unfolds.
This guy is my second choice after Buckner. Hopefully, were able to land either one.
Hargreaves' playmaking ability is unquestioned, but his regression as a junior is a concern. After recording the second-highest coverage grade in 2014, VHIII fell to 71st last season. The big plays remained (four interceptions and four pass deflections), but Hargreaves appeared to abandon his responsibility on occasion in favor of personal statistics. He gave up 380 yards on just 24 receptions, jumping routes underneath in both man and zone coverage. Hargreaves was beat with authority on a number of double moves as a junior and busted a handful of deep third coverages.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/03/29/draft-5-boom-or-bust-prospects-in-the-2016-nfl-draft/

• evil
  • Veteran
Rumors out he may have failed drug test at combine. Could be true, could be a team leaking BS in hopes he falls to them. For the kids sake I hope they are a smokescreen leak.
Share 49ersWebzone