LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

Vernon Hargreaves CB Florida

He could be a target entering the draft with a top ten pick. We have a solid core of young players on our defense (eg Tartt, Kynch, Armstead, Ward, etc), but we're lacking an above average corner opposite Brock when he's healthy.
Hargreaves would make a ton of sense for the Niners if they can't get a QB, Tunsil, Nkemdiche or Bosa.
Hargreaves is the guy I want. When is the last time the 49ers had a top corner in the league?
Top prospect that would make the team better, no doubt. but i like our young stable of DBs and would prefer pass rusher/OL/DL, but all depends where we pick and who is gone already of course.
He is better than our actual starters but we have bigger needs(OL, QB, DL, WR, LB)
Originally posted by joaosoarrs99:
He is better than our actual starters but we have bigger needs(OL, QB, DL, WR, LB)

Agree except there isn't a LB or WR worth drafting in the top 10 if that's where we are. I'm thinking one of the top 3 QBs will fall to the 2nd round which means if we can't land Bosa, Tunsil or DL from Ole Miss, this kid would be a fantastic pick and then we grab Cook, Goff or Lynch in round 2. Essentially two top 20 talents would be added to our roster in areas of need
[ Edited by Sims19849ers on Nov 10, 2015 at 6:58 AM ]
Interesting Question.

Should we go with Jalen Ramsay's versatility, athleticism and playmaking ability or should we go with Hargreaves fluid hips, and lockdown ability?

If we do indeed go for a cornerback
[ Edited by shmuck on Nov 10, 2015 at 7:30 AM ]
Originally posted by shmuck:
Interesting Question.

Should we go with Jalen Ramsay's versatility, athleticism and playmaking ability or should we go with Hargreaves fluid hips, and lockdown ability?

If we do indeed go for a cornerback

We may miss out on both if we win a few more games. I don't think Cook is a top 20 talent but he may be there in the 2nd round. We could miss out on all the top non-QB's in the first round (Bosa, Nkemdiche, Tunsil, Stanley, Hargreaves, Ramsey, Smith, Treadwell, Jack). We're almost definitely going to miss out on the first 4, so one of the corners could be BPA if they're still available.

I'd be happy with either player and think we need a #1 corner.
Originally posted by Ninersfan8052:
Hargreaves is the guy I want. When is the last time the 49ers had a top corner in the league?

Chris Culliver last year was graded out as a top 10 CB.

Originally posted by Sims19849ers:
Agree except there isn't a LB or WR worth drafting in the top 10

I would take Jaylon Smith in the top 10 without any hesitation. A complete LB in every way, a versatile defensive weapon and a true 3 down player.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Nov 10, 2015 at 2:36 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I would take Jaylon Smith in the top 10 without any hesitation. A complete LB in every way, a versatile defensive weapon and a true 3 down player.

Agreed on Smith do you believe he can be an effective pass rusher at OLB? I like Leonard Floyd as a OLB but it would be a reach in the top 10 to take him
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Agreed on Smith do you believe he can be an effective pass rusher at OLB? I like Leonard Floyd as a OLB but it would be a reach in the top 10 to take him

I wouldnt put him at OLB in this defense. I'd have him as a 3 down ILB, a guy with superb instincts, top notch tackler, good in coverage, could be a beastly blitzer...etc.

I expect Bowman to be a little better next year, further removed from his injury. Put Smith next to him and that is a heck of a duo.

Also if this team did move to a 4-3 for some reason then he would be a perfect fit at 4-3 OLB as well.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Nov 10, 2015 at 2:45 PM ]
Whats do you think of Scooby Wright. I love his aggression that will get him in trouble in the pros sometimes but he is a see it and go kinda linebacker. Looks like he is dropping out of the first 2 rounds cause of the injury earlier in the first couple of mocks. If we miss out on Smith and trade back grab Floyd and Wright I think that would make our front 7 elite again.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Good point, Smith is certainly a top 10 talent
Share 49ersWebzone