LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 258 users in the forums

The player you want most 2016 draft

Originally posted by Butter:
Exactly, until the Niners get a legit oline, it doesn't matter who their QB, RB, or WR are.

A sentiment which I don't agree with because it almost makes it sound like you have to put off doing anything else in the meantime. You can build the OL through a combination of FA and the draft and not have to sit around and put everything else on pause. Mostly I think they need a C and a RT above all else, those can be acquired in a single season, along with a potential franchise QB and more talent elsewhere.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Nov 6, 2015 at 4:09 PM ]
In the first round:

kemdiche
Stanley
Tunsil
J Smith
Matakevich

Fuller and Prosise would be nice additions
[ Edited by jreff22 on Nov 6, 2015 at 4:24 PM ]
Originally posted by Ladoskiwoski:
Originally posted by fropwns:
Bosa or OL.

Why spend 2 1st round picks in back to back years on DL ?

Best OT Avail

AD has stated that he Just needed a year off for his body to heal. So, why spend a 1st in an OT when we'll already have 2 1st round picks at that position?

Unless we plan on sliding AD inside, I don't see it happening. We could probably trade back into the first and grab one of the highly rated guards. That said, our 2nd pick will be in the mid 30s and there's probably the #2 or #3 rated guard hanging around. We'll have some options.

Our guards are garbage. Aside from Staley we potentially have 3 starting caliber OTs in Davis, Thomas, and Brown. If Boone comes back there's another.
Originally posted by strickac:
Originally posted by Ladoskiwoski:
Originally posted by fropwns:
Bosa or OL.

Why spend 2 1st round picks in back to back years on DL ?

Best OT Avail

AD has stated that he Just needed a year off for his body to heal. So, why spend a 1st in an OT when we'll already have 2 1st round picks at that position?

Unless we plan on sliding AD inside, I don't see it happening. We could probably trade back into the first and grab one of the highly rated guards. That said, our 2nd pick will be in the mid 30s and there's probably the #2 or #3 rated guard hanging around. We'll have some options.

Our guards are garbage. Aside from Staley we potentially have 3 starting caliber OTs in Davis, Thomas, and Brown. If Boone comes back there's another.

Lol none of them can get Pears benched.
I want an anti Kaepernick and that would be Goff.
[ Edited by pete98146 on Nov 6, 2015 at 7:18 PM ]
Jared Goff, Jaylon Smith or Laremy Tunsil
Originally posted by TopGun18:
Will Fuller - WR - Notre Dame

I'm expecting him to maybe go anywhere from late 1st round to late 3rd round.
He has been impressive this year especially against Texas and USC

He's on my list of players I'd want with our 2nd round pick or a late first if we trade back/up. First round, I'll take Goff, Tunsil, Bosa, or Nkemdiche.

Fuller is underrated at this point in my opinion. He has 748 yards and 9 TD's and those numbers would be much higher if Zaire was playing (Kizer is not a good QB, but has benefited from having a good offensive line, running game, and Will Fuller catching or drawing PI on all the deep balls he under-throws). I'm curious to see what he runs at the combine - he eats up cushion like very few players I've seen before. He's thin, but so is Desean Jackson and he's been relatively healthy until this year. Below is Will Fuller up against Adoree Jackson from USC who is another really good athlete.

I openly admit I am no draft guru. Some guys dedicate a ton of time to games and film of draft hopefuls.

I am not one of them, and come draft time, it's gore, ab, maddog, phoenix, and otc I tend to follow closely.

So at this point, I really don't know.

I think we should go ol, that puts tunsil up there. I don't think there is a day 1 franchise qb this year, so toss out Goff if we are drafting top 10. Saw the kid from Memphis once early this season. I liked him, but not top 10 pick.

Too many holes, a rook qb would get killed. Fix the ol and pass rush. Build from there, this isn't a one year fix. It's going to take time.
AD has stated that he Just needed a year off for his body to heal. .

Because there's no way you can count on Davis. Dude already screwed this team once retiring after FA and the draft, what happens if he comes back fat or halfway through training camp decides that he'd just rather stay retired.

"Fool me once .. " and all that good stuff. I think the smart move is to proceed like he is done for good.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Nov 6, 2015 at 11:07 PM ]
Goff

Originally posted by jreff22:

Brown outplayed him in preseason. Our coaching staff is incompetent. Can't be worse than Pears. No one is
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Because there's no way you can count on Davis. Dude already screwed this team once retiring after FA and the draft, what happens if he comes back fat or halfway through training camp decides that he'd just rather stay retired.

"Fool me once .. " and all that good stuff. I think the smart move is to proceed like he is done for good.

Financially I believe we're tied to him. He's never been one to be in great shape, so I'm expecting a slow return to him getting caught up. Will still be an upgrade over Pears from the moment he steps his fat ass on the field

Brown outplayed him in preseason. Our coaching staff is incompetent. Can't be worse than Pears. No one is

Agreed. He outplayed Pears by a ton in the preseason, but yet our coaching staff won't make the change.

pre-season....while that's great it doesn't mean a whole lot
Goff - Gotta draft a great QB. They almost never become available in FA. Most other positions can potentially be had in FA, especially OL. Gotta have a great QB to win these days.
Share 49ersWebzone