There are 210 users in the forums

The player you want most 2016 draft

Any Quarterback.
apart from the usual suspects in round 1 and 2 i would like to have Brothers next to Bow next year.
So far, I want Bosa.
The best OL in the draft...it all starts up front and right now it's the biggest single weakness on the team.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
A future pro bowler
Paxton Lynch could be the next Big Ben.
Or he could suck.
But I'd say his ceiling is higher than Goff's.
In fact, I just did say it.
Robert Nkemdiche-DE-Ole Miss

Laremy Tunsil-OT-Ole Miss

Jaylon Smith-OLB/ILB-Notre Dame

Joe Haeg-OT-NDSU

Michael Thomas-WR-Ohio State

DJ Foster-RB/WR-ASU

Christian Westerman-OG-ASU

Joshua Garnett-OG-Stanford

William Johnson III-CB-Houston

Joel Heath-DE/DT-Michigan State

Paxton Lynch-QB-Memphis

Matt Johnson-QB-Bowling Green

Jared Goff-QB-Cal
Originally posted by fropwns:
Bosa or OL.

Why spend 2 1st round picks in back to back years on DL ?

Best OT Avail
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Tyler Boyd WR
Myles Jack LB
Scooby Wright LB
Lynch or Cook.

Originally posted by Ladoskiwoski:
Why spend 2 1st round picks in back to back years on DL ?

Best OT Avail

It's worked out for the Rams.

It also depends on whether they stick with a 3-4 or go to a 4-3. If they went to a 4-3, then DL becomes a bigger need and a guy like Nkemdiche or Bosa would be a perfect fit.
In my mind, here are the areas where we really need impact, starting replacements:

• OLine – Need both a starting interior lineman, as well as a tackle
  • QB – The Kaepernick era is officially over
  • 3/4 DE – The loss of Justin Smith is really hurting us. Need a reliable D Lineman that can penetrate, and play the run/pass equally well. Right now our guys are either run stuffers (Dial), or pass rushers (Armstead/Caradine)
  • ILB – Need a speedy Linebacker to help cover the stuff over the middle. This used to be Bowman, but he's a different player now and needs a new partner in crime.

I think with the return of A Davis, and a Free Agent addition (Mack, Glenn, or A Smith) we could make a big turnaround on the offensive line. I also think we can fill the hole at ILB in rounds 2-4 so that isn't a priority. By process of elimination, I want either a QB, or Bosa/Nkemdiche.

In the end, I go with Goff because I really like him as a prospect, and a good QB is a rare find. He's got the pocket presence and vision we have been sorely missing. I'd then like to see us make a big run at Wilkerson so that I can have my cake and eat it too.
Connor Cook
Goff, NK, or Tunsil in the first.

Noah Spence or Kemoko Turay in the second

Jason Spriggs in the third.
[ Edited by shmuck on Nov 6, 2015 at 1:47 PM ]
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
A great OL

Exactly, until the Niners get a legit oline, it doesn't matter who their QB, RB, or WR are.
Share 49ersWebzone