LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 136 users in the forums

The player you want most 2016 draft

Originally posted by GreatGabbert:
I'm "cherry picking stats", then you reduce the players' careers to one four month stretch that favors your guy? O.K.

I'm picking the year before they were drafted which is more relevant than their 3 year college career numbers, especially when one guy is trending up which caused him to be drafted higher. NFL teams want to see improvement in college. Stafford showed that, put together a season way better than any of Hackenberg's college seasons, and had more arm talent. You're the one saying they're identical based on career numbers. We'll see if you're right if Hackenberg is gone in the first 10 picks.
[ Edited by eastcoast49ersfan on Dec 22, 2015 at 10:11 PM ]
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
I'm picking the year before they were drafted which is more relevant than their 3 year college career numbers, especially when one guy is trending up which caused him to be drafted higher. NFL teams want to see improvement in college. Stafford showed that, put together a season way better than any of Hackenberg's college seasons, and had more arm talent. You're the one saying they're identical based on career numbers. We'll see if you're right if Hackenberg is gone in the first 10 picks.

Well, I sincerely doubt that Hackenberg goes in first 10 picks, which is why I'm so keen on him. Drafting well is about being able to spot bargains in later rounds, not being able to pick an obvious guy in the top 10. If anything, recent drafts show that you're probably better off getting a quarterback in later rounds than at the top of round one. Kaepernick, Wilson, Dalton, Cousins, Tyrod Taylor, Brock Osweiler, and a few others are starting ahead of QBs taken much earlier in their respective drafts..... well, I guess that might not be true of Kap any longer, but he had a pretty good run for a second round pick, and could bounce back.
[ Edited by GreatGabbert on Dec 22, 2015 at 10:29 PM ]
Goff. Then it just falls off for me. If we draft goff imma be the happiest poster you have all ever seen.
Bosa and Elliot
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
Goff. Then it just falls off for me. If we draft goff imma be the happiest poster you have all ever seen.

I'm right there with you. Our entire offense needs help.
Hackenberg will be the best QB out of this draft over the long haul. Jack Conklin the best O lineman. Derrick Henry best RB. Bucky Hodges and Hunter Henry best TEs.
On the defensive side, Jalen Ramsey, Myles Jack, Scooby Wright. Miles Killebrew, I like a lot.
If I could pick any? Bosa.
Tunsil
Share 49ersWebzone