LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

Bad teams this year and the need for a QB

chiefs
Slightly off topic but there's some people believe that Conner Cook from Michigan is a top prospect. He does remind me of Tom Brady's intangibles when Brady went to Michigan.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Slightly off topic but there's some people believe that Conner Cook from Michigan is a top prospect. He does remind me of Tom Brady's intangibles when Brady went to Michigan.

Except for the fact he's a senior QB who wasn't voted as a team captain.
Everyone here in Michigan that I know hates Staffford. I've had to watch Lions games every week for the past 2 years. The kid is still young but he relies too much on his arm talent. He gets sloppy with his footwork often and makes bad throws. In the kids defense, they are super one dimensional and in a similar situation to us with a weak offensive line and no running game. Stafford could be good, but when I watch him he never seems to have command of the offense. They fired their coordinator and its been slightly better since. Stafford could be one of the most talented QBs to hit free agency, but he his highs and lows are just a little better than Cutler.
Originally posted by NTeply49:
Everyone here in Michigan that I know hates Staffford. I've had to watch Lions games every week for the past 2 years. The kid is still young but he relies too much on his arm talent. He gets sloppy with his footwork often and makes bad throws. In the kids defense, they are super one dimensional and in a similar situation to us with a weak offensive line and no running game. Stafford could be good, but when I watch him he never seems to have command of the offense. They fired their coordinator and its been slightly better since. Stafford could be one of the most talented QBs to hit free agency, but he his highs and lows are just a little better than Cutler.

Well, I hate him too. Most overrated QB. Happy to see him stay in that cesspit.
Originally posted by pdizo916:

With the big diference that Brady in his junior and senior season finish with 62% and 61% pct and Cook never hit 60% and his pct is decreasing since his first year as starter...
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Geeked:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
I think most of those teams wouldn't take a QB like you said, so if we're in the top ten I think we'll have a shot at a decent QB prospect. There's just a lot more glaring needs than QB on this team though.

Yes agree OL is the biggest need but if you have a shot to take an elite talent at QB you gotta go for it.

Having a great prospect means nothing if he has no time to throw AND hasn't had to take NFL type hits the very moment the ball hits his hands from the center.

Its easier to sign a good OL than it is to get a QB in free agency.

Good point. The question is whether Baalke has the balls to take a QB that high and picking the right one. It appears that Lynch is now the front runner out of all the QB prospects and the Browns would take him in a heartbeat if they have the #1 pick. Are either Goff or Cook worth a top 5 pick? That is yet to be determined.
Share 49ersWebzone