LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

Bad teams this year and the need for a QB

Baalke would love to trade out of a top pick when faced with the decision of taking a QBOTF just to fetch an extra couple of future 3rds or 4ths to stockpile or trade again with. Then he'd pick a DL or safety in the middle of the 1st.
That's value, man!
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Browns, Lions, Texans, Niners, Bears

That's the list.
[ Edited by okdkid on Nov 5, 2015 at 1:14 PM ]
Originally posted by okdkid:
Browns, Lions, Texans, Niners, Bears

That's the list.

Hope for Manziel, Stafford and Cutler to play well down the stretch.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Nov 5, 2015 at 1:44 PM ]
Draft a qb...bring in Sanchez and have the qb sit behind him for the year.
Originally posted by 801niner:

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Well...he's better than any qb we have on the roster
If we were picking 5-7 range I would try to trade back 1-3 spots still grab Top QB,DL, or OT available there. Adding 1 or 2 early rd picks (2-3 round) in the trade back to help fill the other holes on this team with some Quality players.
49ers need a QB
Well...he's better than any qb we have on the roster

No thanks. I'd assume that we'd stick with Blaine and draft a rookie. Bringing in Sanchez to compete could be an option, but that would be a lot of money tied up at the position.
Originally posted by stonecold590:
If we were picking 5-7 range I would try to trade back 1-3 spots still grab Top QB,DL, or OT available there. Adding 1 or 2 early rd picks (2-3 round) in the trade back to help fill the other holes on this team with some Quality players.

After all the talent we lost in the offseason I think this is the year to trade back a couple times and stack the roster with some more young talent.

History shows that you can still regularly get playmakers in the 10-20 range. We should definitely consider offers to fall back later in the 1st.

Overall, I really we concentrate on bolstering the Oline (not OT) and the front seven on D.

If I have to reincarnate again let me come back as a second string quarterback with very limited ability and get a Seven Figure salary for 15 years.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
If I have to reincarnate again let me come back as a second string quarterback with very limited ability and get a Seven Figure salary for 15 years.

Best job in the NFL. Hasselback never thought he'd play. That's why he sticks around at 50 years old. Imagine landing a backup job behind someone like Rodgers or Brady is a dream job... golden ticket.
Originally posted by strickac:

After all the talent we lost in the offseason I think this is the year to trade back a couple times and stack the roster with some more young talent.

History shows that you can still regularly get playmakers in the 10-20 range. We should definitely consider offers to fall back later in the 1st.

Overall, I really we concentrate on bolstering the Oline (not OT) and the front seven on D.

I agree fully except for I do believe we need a good OT. No guerentee that Brandon Thomas or Brown can step in. I would rather be overloaded with Tackles who can swing to Guard as well. This year shows we need OLine as much as anything. Only way we don't go OLine early is of we pick up some solid guys in FA. But seeing how Baalke thought Pears would be OK worries me.
Trading back a bit for more high picks is the way to go this year.
I agree fully except for I do believe we need a good OT. No guerentee that Brandon Thomas or Brown can step in. I would rather be overloaded with Tackles who can swing to Guard as well. This year shows we need OLine as much as anything. Only way we don't go OLine early is of we pick up some solid guys in FA. But seeing how Baalke thought Pears would be OK worries me.
Trading back a bit for more high picks is the way to go this year.

I fully expect Davis to come back. He's said he's coming back, but he hasn't directly said he'll be back next year. He's once hinted about it.

Drafting another tackle early would probably be cheaper than signing a quality FA OG. I don't think we'll do it though. With Davis and Staley under contract it doesn't make sense. Unless we're going to trade one of them, it's unlikely, IMO, especially in the 1st round.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
I wouldn't put all my eggs in the Anthony Davis coming back basket. He's very immature.
Share 49ersWebzone