LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

The Draft Lottery Thread

Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
From Jim Harbaugh and the Super Bowl to this!

I don't think Jim would have gotten this roster to the playoffs. I think we'd be 6-10 or 7-9, miss the playoffs and pick around 12.

If you're gonna miss the show, miss it by a lot and refit.

you are right after all what was Harbs record last year......8-8 sooooooo his slide had already begun,Ihave one regret about whole Fraudbaugh debacle, and that he did not take Kap and Mangini with Him
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Wish this draft had a clear cut #1 pick
Originally posted by jimrat:
Wish this draft had a clear cut #1 pick

Thats not necessarily a bad thing. Lots of talent up by the top.
This year has been so bad, the only hope left is to root for the number one pick. Winning against Balt really hurt us along with our strength of schedule.

I've been looking at the draft order for awhile now and rooting for the other teams to win. Chicago barely lost Sun.

We may need to leave Kaep in to ensure we lose. I hope we trade some assets like VD and Boldin and go to a youth movement.

When we get Kilgore and Hyde back and start others like Brown, Tiller and Gabbert, we may become compettiive enough to win a few more games. We'll miss out on the top players in the draft though. We need impact players for next year to have a chance to rise out of this mess.
Originally posted by jobiwon:
This year has been so bad, the only hope left is to root for the number one pick. Winning against Balt really hurt us along with our strength of schedule.

I've been looking at the draft order for awhile now and rooting for the other teams to win. Chicago barely lost Sun.

We may need to leave Kaep in to ensure we lose. I hope we trade some assets like VD and Boldin and go to a youth movement.

When we get Kilgore and Hyde back and start others like Brown, Tiller and Gabbert, we may become compettiive enough to win a few more games. We'll miss out on the top players in the draft though. We need impact players for next year to have a chance to rise out of this mess.

This is actually the reason I want to take Kaep out. I think this team gets even worse without Gabbert. Let's sit Hyde out the rest of the year too.
The Texans have a murderers lineup ahead the next six weeks. They could end up losing all 6 and be 2-12 going into the final two weeks. The Niners' schedule gets easier the back half. In the end, I think the team selects somewhere in that 6-10 area.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
The Texans have a murderers lineup ahead the next six weeks. They could end up losing all 6 and be 2-12 going into the final two weeks. The Niners' schedule gets easier the back half. In the end, I think the team selects somewhere in that 6-10 area.

The Titans, Texans, Jags and Colts are all looking miserable. The good news is that they are in the same division and have to face each other. They'll start accumulating wins. I think we'll be in the 3-5 range
Originally posted by Ike49:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Going to update this regularly however the disconcerting thing is that as bad as the 49ers are, there are viable scenarios where they could end up picking 10th or even 11th in the draft. Here is the current slotting for the top 10. Even though teams 3 to 8 all have 2 wins, because the 49ers have the highest strength of schedule, they get the lowest slotting.

1-Detroit Lions

2-Tennessee Titans

3-Baltimore Ravens

4-Cleveland Browns

5-Jacksonville Jaguars

6-San Diego Chargers

7-Chicago Bears

8-San Francisco 49ers

9-Houston Texans

10-Kansas City Chiefs

OMG WTF

We're going through this hell and we don't even have a top 5 pick yet? Holy crap, if we don't end up with at least top 3-5 pick after all this, we are truly on the bad side of the football gods.

I mean don't get me wrong, I'm FULLY CONFIDENT, that our ownership and GM will destroy and butcher whatever pick we get, I just think the percentages are better the higher the pick

Wow, that's crazy to actually see.

Seriously.. can't believe I'm saying this, but we are WAAAY overrated according to that list.

But I trust this organization and confident our management can continue doing worse.

Sad, but this is now the most exciting sub forum.
Even at 6-10, with the lack of a true #1,and our pile of picks, we can always look to move up in April if we identify a true stud. I have doubts baalke can do this, but why not dream?
I'm going for 5th, unless we do something stupid and get on one of those rolls we used to get on under Singletary.

Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by philosoraptor:
im actuallly hoping we lose out. just get the highest pick and grab an elite player, I dont need a bunch of moral victories against bad teams.

Me too, unfortunately. Once the playoffs are out of reach, it's really just a suckfest to rebuild in the offseason.

Me 3
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I'm going for 5th, unless we do something stupid and get on one of those rolls we used to get on under Singletary.

Absolutely depressing.

meaningless games.

Much rather get better draft position to get better players for next season
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Going to update this regularly however the disconcerting thing is that as bad as the 49ers are, there are viable scenarios where they could end up picking 10th or even 11th in the draft. Here is the current slotting for the top 10. Even though teams 3 to 8 all have 2 wins, because the 49ers have the highest strength of schedule, they get the lowest slotting.

1-Detroit Lions

2-Tennessee Titans

3-Baltimore Ravens

4-Cleveland Browns

5-Jacksonville Jaguars

6-San Diego Chargers

7-Chicago Bears

8-San Francisco 49ers

9-Houston Texans

10-Kansas City Chiefs

Not a regular visitor to Draft War Room but come in here for the foresight in some of the threads.

I'm looking back on the 2015 draft through 8 weeks and even with the benefit of watching it play out, how deep was that class? Gurley, Cooper aside and maybe Marcus Peters...how many 1st rounders are producing? 8 weeks is about a year early for fair evaluation but there seems to be as many late rounders as early rounders who are making contributions.

I ask because, I'm in the school that believes having the 10th pick or the 6th doesn't really mean a whole lot.
Originally posted by jbeale49:
Not a regular visitor to Draft War Room but come in here for the foresight in some of the threads.

I'm looking back on the 2015 draft through 8 weeks and even with the benefit of watching it play out, how deep was that class? Gurley, Cooper aside and maybe Marcus Peters...how many 1st rounders are producing? 8 weeks is about a year early for fair evaluation but there seems to be as many late rounders as early rounders who are making contributions.

I ask because, I'm in the school that believes having the 10th pick or the 6th doesn't really mean a whole lot.

For arguments sake we can target (this is excluding QB)

OT-1a or 1B
DT/DE- 1a or 1b
ILB/OLB- 1

That's 5 players meaning one of them could fall to us if we are drafting 5th'ish overall.

Falling past 7 takes us out of position for all of them. And these are serious impact day 1 players. Guys that should start without question.
The Niners are going to finish 3-13 at best and have a top 5 pick. Book it.
Share 49ersWebzone