LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

The "Rebuild" Mock (Not a "Re-Load")

Originally posted by 49ersOnMINE:
How about a nick caserio/MCdaniels tag team? I like baalke but if it's going to be a full house cleaning, I wouldn't mind those two.

Name a coach that has left the Patriots and has been successful?

Even Pioli bombed as the GM in KC. The problem with hiring NE guys I think is that Belichick micromanages the heck out of everything. When they get somewhere without him, they basically fall apart because they have never had to make any real decisions before.
Originally posted by harryj:
a new HC will want total control (like harbaugh did)

And they shouldn't get it. Very few coaches do well with that power. Its hard to be a coach, it's far more difficult to be a coach and a GM.
Originally posted by 49ersOnMINE:
How about a nick caserio/MCdaniels tag team? I like baalke but if it's going to be a full house cleaning, I wouldn't mind those two.

I can get behind that
I like the thinking from the OP. Would love to get Hue Jackson, and hope he'd be able to recruit some folks from Cinci in Smith/Sanu/Joseph.

As some said in this scenario, I'd avoid drafting a WR in the 1st, and would instead go QB. I'd also keep Kaep vs. cut him for Bradford. Without any of your cuts, we'd probably still be able to afford:

1. Wilkerson
  2. Andre Smith
  3. Sanu

Then in the draft, I'd go for Goff in R1, and then a pass rushing OLB/DE in the 3rd.

Depth Chart:

QB: Kaep*/Goff*/Gabbert
RB: Hyde/Davis/Carson*/Gaskins
FB: Miller
TE: Celek/McDonald/Bell
WR: Smith/Ellington/Patton
WR: Sanu*/Simpson/Smelter*
LT: Staley/Marz*
LG: Thomas/Kilgore
C: Voltz*/Kilgore
RG: Davis/Martin
RT: Smith*

DE/DT: Wilkerson*/Caradine
NT: Williams/Woods*
DE/DT: Dial/Armstead
DE/LB: Harold/Brooks/Lemonier
ILB: Bowman/Wilhoite
ILB: Hodges/Frost*
DE/LB: Lynch/Fields*/Robertson*
CB: Brock/Jones*
CB: Acker/Johnson/Reaser
FS: Reid/Ward
SS: Tartt/Bathea/McCray

ST: Dawson, Pinion, Nelson
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Ike49:
Add in Smelter too. WR is definitely something we should not be spending our first round pick on.

And Patton. People love trying to cut the guy but he's shown a lot of improvement, has been consistently getting open and has the best hands on the team. Unfortunately he can't throw the football to himself.

Plus he's controlling his emotions a little better and even pulled Simpson away from a ref earlier. I like his passion and kind of feel bad that he's stuck with a guy who can barely see the field at QB.

This
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by shmuck:
There are so many better prospects out there then Treadwell. For example Hargreaves, Ramsey, Bosa, NK, Jaylon. Treadwell is nowhere near the best player on the board and isn't a need

Treadwell is a game changer! I see him having Antonio brown Julio Jones numbers. We don't have anyone near that now
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Titans are not getting rid of whisenhunt after this year, not bad overall tho

Lol cant believe that was the 1st comment then it happens.

Op, liked it. Especially on the coaching front.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AUniner:

Thanks.
Originally posted by AUniner:

Fred can you please tell us that niners won't get Muhammad Wilkerson and Von Miller also.
Originally posted by communist:
how do you know that Paton was contributing to their success? what about the Ponder-draft and the suck-years then?

stopped reading when Sam Bradford came in... sorry, an injury-prone underwhelming QB wont help us.
That's pretty much what we are left with if they are parting ways with CK and don't want to start a rookie. Maybe not Bradford but a journeyman back up is the position you are in when you have no franchise qb.

Does Vance run a 3-4 defense?
[ Edited by lamontb on Nov 3, 2015 at 10:39 AM ]

lol
Share 49ersWebzone