LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 424 users in the forums

Can't sleep mock..# 2..

If Payton came with Brees I'm in.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Trading away Kap for Brees would only prolong our rebuilding era.

I agree but if we draft a qb to groom while Brees is our qb for 2-3 seasons..I think Brees still is great and has what it takes to win a championship still..especially with all the weapons on this team kap has a hard time finding..

We have one of the worst defenses in the league and the worst offensive line. There is no way Brees is okay with coming here to finish up his career. We would have a hard time making the playoffs with this team even if we had Aaron Rodgers at QB.

4 years $16 million for Miller is a joke. Miller looks really good right now and was one of the better RB's last season too. He's one of the best young RB's in the league at 24 (behind Bell and Gurley) and you have him getting paid the same as Frank Gore and Ryan Matthews? Don't think we would get Schwartz or Gordon at those prices either. You have to factor in that we'll have to overpay for any free agent we bring in because our team is terrible and this franchise is dysfunctional right now.

Looks like Gordon isn't a free agent until 2017 and he'll be a restricted free agent then. You need to be active 6 games to accrue a year towards free agency.

http://www.dawgsbynature.com/2015/2/8/8002659/pft-josh-gordons-grievance-still-coming-to-try-to-get-to-free-agency

Wow I thought Gordon was a FA..and as for Miller I don't see him getting more then 5 million considering rbs just don't get paid great anymore..he has 1 year with 1000 yards rushing so far ..plus this year he will..and as for Schwartz you guys are right..he will get paid more..and the fact we will have to over pay free agents to come here sucks and it all starts with jerkoff Jed..
[ Edited by jersey49er on Oct 28, 2015 at 7:03 PM ]
Wow I thought Gordon was a FA..and as for Miller I don't see him getting more then 5 million considering rbs just don't get paid great anymore..he has 1 year with 1000 yards rushing so far ..plus this year he will..and as for Schwartz you guys are right..he will get paid more..and the fact we will have to over pay free agents to come here sucks and it all starts with jerkoff Jed..

Matthews, Ingram, Gore, Spiller, and Vereen all got 4 million per and Miller is better and younger than any of them. Vereen got 3 years 12.35 million and is the closest comparison in terms of age, but I expect Miller to get paid more.

$6-7 million per year sounds about right (midway between Vereen and Murray or closer to what Murray is getting) and I'm not sure the 49ers will want to pay that when they have Hyde. Murray got over $8 million even though he's a little older and considered injury prone (his stats were better, but also inflated by playing behind the Cowboys line). Miller is a little underrated in my opinion - he's averaging 4.8 yards per carry so far in his career, only has 4 fumbles on 514 carries, and has been durable so far. He had to deal with Jonathan Martin blocking for him in 2012-2013 (and the Dolphins O Line got even worse in 2013 when Incognito bullied Martin and was kicked off the team). I think a lot of teams would take Miller over Murray/McCoy who are getting paid a lot more.

Matthews, Ingram, Gore, Spiller, and Vereen all got 4 million per and Miller is better and younger than any of them. Vereen got 3 years 12.35 million and is the closest comparison in terms of age, but I expect Miller to get paid more.

$6-7 million per year sounds about right (midway between Vereen and Murray or closer to what Murray is getting) and I'm not sure the 49ers will want to pay that when they have Hyde. Murray got over $8 million even though he's a little older and considered injury prone (his stats were better, but also inflated by playing behind the Cowboys line). Miller is a little underrated in my opinion - he's averaging 4.8 yards per carry so far in his career, only has 4 fumbles on 514 carries, and has been durable so far. He had to deal with Jonathan Martin blocking for him in 2012-2013 (and the Dolphins O Line got even worse in 2013 when Incognito bullied Martin and was kicked off the team). I think a lot of teams would take Miller over Murray/McCoy who are getting paid a lot more.

yeah I'd rather go to the draft and get a 3rd down back on the cheap...that's one position that doesn't require a early pick. I think Hyde,Davis and a rookie (maybe Hayne too) will be fine.

I'm all in on getting Wilkerson (unless we can get Bosa, Nkemdiche, or Ogbah in the draft)...

If we could end up with a Wilkerson, 1st-Stanley and 2nd-Lawson I'd be happy....looks like there will be some solid players in the draft at positions of need.

Ok I agree a lot of teams today would take miller over Murray/McCoy but at the time they got that huge payday from teams they were the best rushers in the league..your comparing contracts that were given to league leaders to miller who I agree is very underrated but not close to being what they were in their free agent yrs..but maybe your right that miller will get paid more then I think..
[ Edited by jersey49er on Oct 29, 2015 at 9:10 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:

yeah I'd rather go to the draft and get a 3rd down back on the cheap...that's one position that doesn't require a early pick. I think Hyde,Davis and a rookie (maybe Hayne too) will be fine.

I'm all in on getting Wilkerson (unless we can get Bosa, Nkemdiche, or Ogbah in the draft)...

If we could end up with a Wilkerson, 1st-Stanley and 2nd-Lawson I'd be happy....looks like there will be some solid players in the draft at positions of need.

Not me id rather sign a change of pace back that we kno has has success in the league...and yes I agree I have us signing Wilkerson in my 1st draft..I'd love it..and that would be amazing if what you said would happens..sign Wilkerson draft Stanley then Lawson..no1 can complain lol but unfortunately I think Lawson goes top 20..he's a beast..
Not me id rather sign a change of pace back that we kno has has success in the league...and yes I agree I have us signing Wilkerson in my 1st draft..I'd love it..and that would be amazing if what you said would happens..sign Wilkerson draft Stanley then Lawson..no1 can complain lol but unfortunately I think Lawson goes top 20..he's a beast..

Okay too each their own, much easier to take one of our 12 picks and get a RB cheap (been proven over and over rookie RB produce especially if all you need is a 3rd down back)...if your going to FA I'd rather have hillman, cheaper and Miller won't come here because he knows he won't be getting all the snaps.

Lawson prob does go earlier I was looking at Walter football rankings...in this incoming draft I want quality over quantity I hope Baalke moves up for impact players...if we leave this draft with 5 solid players I'll be happy ( enough with bringing in 11-12 players every year).

OH throw in smith from ND be happy to snag him in the first as well ( especially if we sign Wilkerson )
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Okay too each their own, much easier to take one of our 12 picks and get a RB cheap (been proven over and over rookie RB produce especially if all you need is a 3rd down back)...if your going to FA I'd rather have hillman, cheaper and Miller won't come here because he knows he won't be getting all the snaps.

Lawson prob does go earlier I was looking at Walter football rankings...in this incoming draft I want quality over quantity I hope Baalke moves up for impact players...if we leave this draft with 5 solid players I'll be happy ( enough with bringing in 11-12 players every year).

OH throw in smith from ND be happy to snag him in the first as well ( especially if we sign Wilkerson )

I also like hillman too..but good point miller will want to be the main rb on his team after 2 great years..and yeah I wish Lawson was there with our 2nd..that would be great..and if we can sign Wilkerson and draft jaylon smith it would be the best possible..
I also like hillman too..but good point miller will want to be the main rb on his team after 2 great years..and yeah I wish Lawson was there with our 2nd..that would be great..and if we can sign Wilkerson and draft jaylon smith it would be the best possible..

I'll just take them all lol...we need it
Sorry brah, your first mock kills this one for me. Is there a way you can't sleep mock and a half?

Originally posted by 49ers808:
Sorry brah, your first mock kills this one for me. Is there a way you can't sleep mock and a half?

Lol yeah I kno I also like my 1st mock better..this was just basically to see how ppl reacted to kap getting traded for Brees..kind of surprising tho bc I thought a lot would enjoy it since a lot seem to hate kap when we lose but he's a god when we win lol..
Originally posted by jreff22:
20 million for Brees on the last year of his contract.....

Equals just say no!
Share 49ersWebzone