LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 234 users in the forums

Emmanuel Ogbah-Beast-Oklahoma State

Bring him in! This defense needs another pass rusher! Bring in Jimmy Bean too!
Originally posted by saniner:
Bring him in! This defense needs another pass rusher! Bring in Jimmy Bean too!

Baalke's got to get his ACL fix bring him in with a late comp pick
I'd be down with this..hell any olb or de that is solid in both aspects of pass and run should be our first pick unless an OL falls in our lap
Originally posted by Eastcoastniner:
I'd be down with this..hell any olb or de that is solid in both aspects of pass and run should be our first pick unless an OL falls in our lap

Agreed...we have a lot of needs lol
Originally posted by NYniner85:

That is the truth...also thinking wr could be addressed early. A lot depends on what we do with that cap space

That is the truth...also thinking wr could be addressed early. A lot depends on what we do with that cap space

I wouldn't hate treadwell if we win a couple more games...kinda reminds me of Dez.
I always like prospects who have to CUT weight in order to play a position rather than gain weight to play it. Every single wrestler I've met did better cutting weight & going down a weight class as opposed to the reverse.

I didn't know this cat was 270. He doesn't look that big on film. Starting to grow on me... a little.

...That said, I want Aldon back. ASAP.
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Dec 7, 2015 at 5:10 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
I always like prospects who have to CUT weight in order to play a position rather than gain weight to play it. Every single wrestler I've met did better cutting weight & going down a weight class as opposed to the reverse.

I didn't know this cat was 270. He doesn't look that big on film. Starting to grow on me... a little.

If you want Aldon, I think Leonard Floyd is the closest prospect in the draft. He's a smaller version, with a similar skill set. If we don't get Vinny Curry in FA, this is the guy I want opposite Lynch.
Originally posted by strickac:
If you want Aldon, I think Leonard Floyd is the closest prospect in the draft. He's a smaller version, with a similar skill set. If we don't get Vinny Curry in FA, this is the guy I want opposite Lynch.

The reason I want Aldon back is because it wouldn't cost a draft pick.

Connor Cook's the guy I want in the draft.

Leonard Floyd is the exact opposite; he'd have to add some weight to play in a 3-4 IMO. I don't want any part of a player who has to add weight.

Leonard Floyd is the exact opposite; he'd have to add some weight to play in a 3-4 IMO. I don't want any part of a player who has to add weight.

He's a freak pass rusher though. He reminds me of Aldon the way he easily gets around people. Aldon also had the freakish strength. Jenkins could be dominant as a 3-4 OLB. I think he's the best pure pass rusher coming out.

I was a Cook fan all season and I think he has the tools to be a good pro, but he scares me. It's hard to be successful when the players around you don't like you. I know many great players are introverts, but he seems to repel people.

Cook shows excellent anticipation and can throw guys open. I do like that
Originally posted by strickac:
He's a freak pass rusher though. He reminds me of Aldon the way he easily gets around people. Aldon also had the freakish strength. Jenkins could be dominant as a 3-4 OLB. I think he's the best pure pass rusher coming out.

I don't think it's wise to compare college players to Aldon Smith. He was sacking dudes at the highest rate of any player in NFL history. That's an unrealistically high bar to set.

Jenkins has better size than Floyd, but he's regarded as the 2nd-best pass rusher on his team. That usually doesn't work out well. I'd be like Lane Staley & stay away from these Bulldogs.

I'm not even completely convinced Ogbah is the real deal; I'm going to wait to see how he does in workouts.

He's like 5lbs bigger than Aldon was coming out of college and they were both DEs...ogbah has long arms like Aldon and enough speed IMO. He's got a lot of work with.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
He's been killing it this year and Baalke likes taking DEs and making they big OLBers.

If we win another game we will miss out on a QB in the first ( which I'm fine with) I'd love to grab a pass rusher like this guy.

I'm all in.

He's currently ranked 29th overall on cbs sports..he's got 16.5 TFL and 12.5 sacks this season. I'd like him as a Aldon smith DE turned OLB

So much this.
I don't think it's wise to compare college players to Aldon Smith. He was sacking dudes at the highest rate of any player in NFL history. That's an unrealistically high bar to set.

Jenkins has better size than Floyd, but he's regarded as the 2nd-best pass rusher on his team. That usually doesn't work out well. I'd be like Lane Staley & stay away from these Bulldogs.

I'm not even completely convinced Ogbah is the real deal; I'm going to wait to see how he does in workouts.

Ogbah has 22.5 sacks in the past two years along with 29.5 TFL...I mean those are some solid numbers.
Share 49ersWebzone