Vernon Davis only if its reasonable & cap friendly
Anthony Davis Returns
Draft:
1. Jaylon Smith LB Notre Dame
2. Vadal Alexander OG LSU
3. Shaq Lawson 3-4 OLB
4. Josh Ferguson RB
5. Duke Johnson WR Auburn

We will reload on on O-line with Staley, Boone,Kilgore,Alexander, Davis. Get another fast inside linebacker with Smith. And a change of pace back. And Duke Johnson would be a steal and have Boldin mentor him.
I liked the most of your picks because you addressed our needs well with players who can have instant impact and are full of potential.

And you forgot to use our compensatory 4th(maybe 3rd)round pick that I think we should use it in a DE because our starting D-line is full of NT and no true DE and the only guy I can see breaking in that D-line is Armstead which would leave us with 2NT and a DE.
Our D-Line is very flexible. They can play multiple positions. The 3-4 defense requires all 3 D-Lineman to take on double teams. We have more than enough depth. If anything we sign a free agent maybe a muhamad wilkerson.

But bottom line we need to upgrade & stabilize our O-Line.
I love that you have Vadal Alexander on here.
Seriously, I've got 100% of the posts in his thread. (We might be the minority)

But I don't see him falling that far, I think he going to wind up being a top 15 pick
How can a D-line be flexible if they can only do 1 of their 2 main jobs? And a 3-4 don't ask for all lineman to take double teams, this would only happen if we rushed the pass with only the 3 D-lineman(no OLB help which is improbable) against 6 pass protectors or 4 pass-rushers(3DL 1OLB) against 7 pass protectors(unlikely to happen unless there is a blitz coming).

Originally posted by bkbkeahi:
Our D-Line is very flexible. They can play multiple positions. The 3-4 defense requires all 3 D-Lineman to take on double teams. We have more than enough depth. If anything we sign a free agent maybe a muhamad wilkerson.

But bottom line we need to upgrade & stabilize our O-Line.
Originally posted by joaosoarrs99:
How can a D-line be flexible if they can only do 1 of their 2 main jobs? And a 3-4 don't ask for all lineman to take double teams, this would only happen if we rushed the pass with only the 3 D-lineman(no OLB help which is improbable) against 6 pass protectors or 4 pass-rushers(3DL 1OLB) against 7 pass protectors(unlikely to happen unless there is a blitz coming).

3-4 DL job is to eat up double teams to free up the linebackers. They would nickel (4 passrushers) to rush the passer and put an extra DB. Thats ideal. 3-4 base with a 4-2-5 nickel
No way in he*l do I wanna see Vernon Davis back I dont care if he plays for free he's a pus*y N overrated in my book alway hated picking him....we only have 5 picks Incomplete draft
Share 49ersWebzone