There are 179 users in the forums

College QBs Who Take Snaps Under Center

So this thread is not about who the best QB is in the upcoming draft, but about those QBs in the college game who take a good portion of their snaps from under center. In my opinion, drafting a QB who takes snaps from under center eliminates a lot of risk and limits the amount of learning time it will take for that draftee to become efficient in a system in which the QB is required to take snaps under center. While our system may not currently require many snaps from under center, I like the idea of having that option available for the future. So, I will start with a list of some college QB's taking a good amount of snaps under center. If anyone else knows of other QBs currently taking a large portion of their snaps under center if they could list them that would be greatly appreciated.

Jake Rudock - 6'3 - 208 - Senior - Michigan (stats through 7 games)
CMP 121 ATT 196 YDS 1303 CMP% 61.7 YPA 6.65 LNG 44 TD 5 INT 6 SACK 11 RAT 119.9

Kevin Hogan - 6'4 - 218 - Senior - Stanford (stats through 7 games)
CMP 89 ATT 135 YDS 1286 CMP% 65.9 YPA 9.53 LNG 93 TD 12 INT 3 SACK 7 RAT 170.8

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOT ELIGIBLE

Treon Harris - 5'11 - 195 - Sophomore - Florida (stats through 7 games)
CMP 36 ATT 59 YDS 540 CMP% 61.0 YPA 9.15 LNG 48 TD 4 INT 0 SACK 6 RAT 160.3

Will Grier - 6'2 - 201 - Freshman- Florida (stats through 7 games)
CMP 106 ATT 161 YDS 1204 CMP% 65.8 YPA 7.48 LNG 77 TD 10 INT 3 SACK 13 RAT 145.4
I would extend to thread to pro-style QBs, i.e. guys who stay in the pocket a lot and make some reads consinstently even if they play out of a shotgun, like Doughty for example.
Originally posted by communist:
I would extend to thread to pro-style QBs, i.e. guys who stay in the pocket a lot and make some reads consinstently even if they play out of a shotgun, like Doughty for example.

Doughty is taking some snaps under center.In the last game I saw were 5 or 6
Originally posted by communist:

Sure, if you or anyone has a quarterback in mind who plays in a pro-style offense, but takes many snaps from the gun feel free to add them, just note, if you can, that they take a majority of their snaps from the shotgun position instead of under center.
Share 49ersWebzone