Anthony Davis returns

Cut
Ahmad brooks
Vance McDonald
Glenn Dorsey
QP

Free agents

DE Muhammad Wilkerson 6 yrs 70 million
Our new leader on the dline..him Armstead and williams will be great in a 3-4..Aldon Wilkerson Armstead lynch will cause havoc..

OLB Aldon Smith 1 yr 5 million
(I'm all for giving him another shot ) and I think his heart is here and owes us IMO

2016 NFL DRAFT

RD 1..LB out of ND..Jaylon Smith..my favorite defensive player in the draft..can play any LB position and rush the passer which like always said can't have to many pass rusher..

RD 2..WR out of TCU..Josh Doctson..only a junior but think he will come out.very fast athletic with great hands..don't have to be thrown in with boldin resigning for a year..

RD 3..OT out of Baylor..Spencer Drango..huge tackle who has upside and could potentially replace staley in the future..

RD 4..CB out of VT..Brandon Facyson..tall athletic very skilled..

RD 4..ILB out of Missouri..Kentrel Brothers..every time I've watched him ay he is always around the ball..depth at ILB..

RD 5..QB out of Tennessee..Joshua Dobbs..this kid to me has everything but it's all about getting it all right at 1ce..amazing skillset and heart..

RD 5..WR/RB out of Texas tech..Jakeem Grant..another kid I love to watch..reminds me of Darren Sproles..he's a perfect spark plug..

RD 6..traded for 5th next yr..

RD 6..DT out of ND..Jarron Jones..injury special..was having a great year b4 a knee injury..

RD 7..DE out of Eastern Kentucky..Noah Spence..got in trouble at OSU..but worth the risk of a 7 th rd pick..

Kap-Gabbert-Dobbs
Hyde-Davis-Hayne-Grant
Miller
Boldin-Smith-Smelter-Doctson-Ellington
Celek-Bell-Anderson
Staley-Drango
Boone-Thomas
Kilgore-Martin
Tiller-Thomas
Davis-Brown

Wilkerson-Dial
Williams-Purcell
Armstead-Carradine-Jones
Smith-Harold-Spence
Bowman-Skov
Hodges-Brothers
Lynch-Smith
Brock-Acker-Ward-DJ-Reaser-Facyson
Reid-Ward
Bethea-Tartt-McCray

Pinion
Dawson
Long snapper

Not a 53..added the rookies so some will end up on the PS..
Nice work, Jersey. Just two things I don't like. Dobbs is an athlete playing QB that has trouble throwing downfield. Sound familiar? Don't want to go down that road again at QB. Second, no more injury specials. When this team was loaded, Baalke could take some risks. Not anymore. Besides, how many of those picks actually worked out?
I have a few issues.

One, Boone won't take 30M, he will, and likely get 40M+ from someone.

Two, Aldon, no way he comes back on a 1yr $5M deal, he will want a long term deal, and I don't think he cares or thinks he owes us, since he left he has been heard saying that he feels better in a organization that cares about there players.

Three, Jaylon Smith would start over Hodges at ILB.

Four, Jarron Jone has never played this year, he has been out since before week 1, I don't think he comes out, he is a Junior.
This is my ideal offseason
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I really hope they stay away from QB's that are scared to stay in the pocket, in other words, no more scrambling QB's pocket passer please for the love of god.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
I have a few issues.

Two, Aldon, no way he comes back on a 1yr $5M deal, he will want a long term deal, and I don't think he cares or thinks he owes us, since he left he has been heard saying that he feels better in a organization that cares about there players.

Four, Jarron Jone has never played this year, he has been out since before week 1, I don't think he comes out, he is a Junior.

Questions..since we have the money would you compete and sign Boone to a deal worth that much ?

And I've also read things too where Aldon had said those things but I don't see anyone giving him a long term deal and if so it's going to be a kap type right ? Where the team can possibly cut ties each year easily ?

Would you rather jaylon smith at OLB ? Or ILB ? Which do you feel he would perform better at ?

Thanks..
I dislike many of your choices. Why to resign Williams and cut Dorsey? Just keep Dorsey he is as good as Williams. The team cut Andy Lee because he was too expensive so we will not resign Phil Dawson. As for Aldon Smith the dude is just crazy.

At the draft your 2nd and 4th round pick were going to be, according to your depth chart, 3rd string players, so it would be a much better to draft guys like Kevin Hogan, Leonard Floyd, Pat Elftein and Vadal Alexander who can start right away or be valuable backups.

However I like your 1st, 3rd and 7th pick and your 2nd pick if Dotson were going to start right away.
Originally posted by joaosoarrs99:
I dislike many of your choices. Why to resign Williams and cut Dorsey? Just keep Dorsey he is as good as Williams. The team cut Andy Lee because he was too expensive so we will not resign Phil Dawson. As for Aldon Smith the dude is just crazy.

At the draft your 2nd and 4th round pick were going to be, according to your depth chart, 3rd string players, so it would be a much better to draft guys like Kevin Hogan, Leonard Floyd, Pat Elftein and Vadal Alexander who can start right away or be valuable backups.

However I like your 1st, 3rd and 7th pick and your 2nd pick if Dotson were going to start right away.

I'm not so sure Dorsey is better..Williams is younger too..and the team traded lee bc they drafted pinion and money..tho I wish lee was still the punter and he was great for us I don't see them not resigning Dawson bc he is important as lee was..unless they draft a kicker then I see them not resigning him..

I get my 2nd and 4th picks are low on my depth chart for now but Doctson will battle smelter and competition is great..same for Brandon Facyson..what 2nd and 4th rd picks automatically win a starting spot on draft day ? Leanard floyd will be gone in the 1st too..
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Nice work, Jersey. Just two things I don't like. Dobbs is an athlete playing QB that has trouble throwing downfield. Sound familiar? Don't want to go down that road again at QB. Second, no more injury specials. When this team was loaded, Baalke could take some risks. Not anymore. Besides, how many of those picks actually worked out?

I agree with both lol kind of crazy bc when baalke did take an injured player I thought it was genius..redshirt him and rest and next year he will be great ! Not at all lol..Brandon Thomas is our last hope and he's not even suiting up tho it is like his rookie season..
Originally posted by jersey49er:
I have a few issues.

Questions..since we have the money would you compete and sign Boone to a deal worth that much ?

And I've also read things too where Aldon had said those things but I don't see anyone giving him a long term deal and if so it's going to be a kap type right ? Where the team can possibly cut ties each year easily ?

Would you rather jaylon smith at OLB ? Or ILB ? Which do you feel he would perform better at ?

Thanks..

Honestly I wouldn't sign him for 40M, but eventually they will need to pay a LG top tier money to keep stability

I like Jaylon anywhere, OLB or ILB, he is a stud.

I just can't see Aldon coming on a deal worth less than what he gets this year, or what he would have gotten this year had he not f**ked up. I personally rather move on from him, we invested in him, and he screwed up numerous times, waste of space IMO.

I'm not so sure Dorsey is better..Williams is younger too..and the team traded lee bc they drafted pinion and money..tho I wish lee was still the punter and he was great for us I don't see them not resigning Dawson bc he is important as lee was..unless they draft a kicker then I see them not resigning him..

I get my 2nd and 4th picks are low on my depth chart for now but Doctson will battle smelter and competition is great..same for Brandon Facyson..what 2nd and 4th rd picks automatically win a starting spot on draft day ? Leanard floyd will be gone in the 1st too..

In this year we got Tartt in the 2nd round and he is a valuable backup who can replace reid in case of injury. Also in this year draft if you look at the other team depth charts most of the 2nd round picks are 2nd string players. In the 4th round it's ok to found a 3rd string player but i still don't like them because if we are going to pick a CB we should do it in the 1st or 2nd round because 4th rounders are normally development players and we already have 3 players with great potential at CB.

As for Brothers I think that Jaylon Smith is much more suited to play as a ILB in our system so we are already going to have 2 good starters and 2 good backups and this season we are carrying 3 real linebackers(skov and bellore are special team players) so I don't see this number improving by 2.

About Lee he was traded for a seventh or sixth(don't remember right now) pick which are normally used to pick the players that you would get it as UFA.
[ Edited by joaosoarrs99 on Oct 19, 2015 at 12:24 PM ]
the moment we signed Aldon Goodell will hand down a 1 year suspension.

In this year we got Tartt in the 2nd round and he is a valuable backup who can replace reid in case of injury. Also in this year draft if you look at the other team depth charts most of the 2nd round picks are 2nd string players. In the 4th round it's ok to found a 3rd string player but i still don't like them because if we are going to pick a CB we should do it in the 1st or 2nd round because 4th rounders are normally development players and we already have 3 players with great potential at CB.

As for Brothers I think that Jaylon Smith is much more suited to play as a ILB in our system so we are already going to have 2 good starters and 2 good backups and this season we are carrying 3 real linebackers(skov and bellore are special team players) so I don't see this number improving by 2.

About Lee he was traded for a seventh or sixth(don't remember right now) pick which are normally used to pick the players that you would get it as UFA.

Yeah the Kentrell Brothers pick was assuming Jaylon Smith plays OLB..and Brothers is a back up ILB and plays ST..Hodges starts next to Bowman..but like AB said Jayon is a stud who can play either position and be great..

Yeah the Kentrell Brothers pick was assuming Jaylon Smith plays OLB..and Brothers is a back up ILB and plays ST..Hodges starts next to Bowman..but like AB said Jayon is a stud who can play either position and be great..

Yeah I think Jaylon would start, you don't pick someone with his talent, and sit him. He fits in at OLB and ILB, I personally like him at ILB, thats where I have him in my draft rankings.

I also like Brothers.

I also have no issue with the draft, love Doctson, top 5 WR IMO.

FA moves are fine, if Wilkerson is free to sign, I say sign him, not sure Baalke(if still GM) will give a deal that big though.

Yeah I think Jaylon would start, you don't pick someone with his talent, and sit him. He fits in at OLB and ILB, I personally like him at ILB, thats where I have him in my draft rankings.

I also like Brothers.

I also have no issue with the draft, love Doctson, top 5 WR IMO.

FA moves are fine, if Wilkerson is free to sign, I say sign him, not sure Baalke(if still GM) will give a deal that big though.

That's the biggest question with baalke if still there..I think he has to sign a big name free agent whether it's on the D-Line OLB or WR if Boldin retires..( Alson Jeffery )..

And I couldn't agree more about Doctson..a big fear is he blows up the combine added with his film will push him up to a top 25 pick..
[ Edited by jersey49er on Oct 19, 2015 at 3:28 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone