There are 182 users in the forums

Paxton Lynch, QB, Memphis

Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
is this dude worth taking that high?

Nope. Project quarterback, getting driven up because there is no one else to fill in the gap between Goff and Wentz and the truly second and third tier QBs. Has good upside but hasa lot of work to do.

Closest thing to Kaepernick in this draft in many ways.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Apr 28, 2016 at 8:44 AM ]
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
This place will melt down if we take Lynch at 7.

I'll be upset, but I'll be over it by the next day. It just would mean that Kap is officially outta here.

It would also likely mean that it will be years before we are competitive in any way. He is a project at best and shouldn't even be getting a sniff until end of first/ early second at best in a normal year.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
what is a leigh steinberg

That.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Apr 28, 2016 at 8:48 AM ]
Where on Twitter does it saying we're taking Lynch?
[ Edited by DaDivaRecieva15 on Apr 28, 2016 at 8:49 AM ]
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DRnSFw:
There it is. When the 49ers are hush about a player then that's who they gonna pick

The Leonard Floyd front has been quiet as well and he bring the length and athleticism Trent likes. Most analysts also believe he could sneak into the top 10 so I guess the same could apply to him if we are trying to hide our love.

Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
This is true....he is nowhere near being worth a top ten pick. He shouldn't even be a first rounder...but this year he might be.

If Chip and Trent truly believed he will be a franchise QB then an argument can be made that he is worth the 7th overall pick.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

I'll be upset, but I'll be over it by the next day. It just would mean that Kap is officially outta here.

It would also likely mean that it will be years before we are competitive in any way. He is a project at best and shouldn't even be getting a sniff until end of first/ early second at best in a normal year.

I remember tons of people thinking this when Aldon Smith's name was called. I also remember how some didn't like the Arik Armstead pick (myself included) and he didn't turn out so bad. My point is, if Lynch was selected by the 49ers, give him a chance before going off the rector.
I remember tons of people thinking this when Aldon Smith's name was called. I also remember how some didn't like the Arik Armstead pick (myself included) and he didn't turn out so bad. My point is, if Lynch was selected by the 49ers, give him a chance before going off the rector.

I'd give him a shot, there is a lot to like about him as a quarterback but he is still pretty raw and I wonder especially about his mental readiness.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I'd give him a shot, there is a lot to like about him as a quarterback but he is still pretty raw and I wonder especially about his mental readiness.

Yah he's not my first choice for the 49ers, only because he's not what I envisioned as a Kelly QB, but WTF do I know. Just like I didn't envision Colin Kaepernick as a Harbaugh QB with Harbaugh blabbering how he was gonna bring the west coast offense back to SF.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

http://www.burkmont.com/2016/04/psychology-says-jared-goff-is-overrated.html
If we had more picks in the first 3 rounds I wouldn't be upset taking a chance on this guy. But right now we need to build the trenches. When you think of the 2011-2013 teams you think of Justin, Aldon, Willis, Bowman, etc.

Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by DRnSFw:
There it is. When the 49ers are hush about a player then that's who they gonna pick

The Leonard Floyd front has been quiet as well and he bring the length and athleticism Trent likes. Most analysts also believe he could sneak into the top 10 so I guess the same could apply to him if we are trying to hide our love.

This is true....he is nowhere near being worth a top ten pick. He shouldn't even be a first rounder...but this year he might be.

If Chip and Trent truly believed he will be a franchise QB then an argument can be made that he is worth the 7th overall pick.

It is a bad argument even if someone chooses to make it. Then again all of these QB's are far to flawed to get chosen where they are. The league is starved at the position and a lot of teams are going to set their franchises back several years with these decisions as these kids take time to develop if they even do at all. Meanwhile bubble teams and even good teams are going to feast on all the much more certain talent that will free fall as a result.

Sure miracles can happen...but the likelihood especially with a QB is slim and the damage done to your franchise outlook is magnified tenfold.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Fair to call him a bust? Can't even beat Osweiler let alone Siemien for the job....

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21250672/denver-broncos-swap-qb-brock-osweiler-vs-philadelphia-eagles
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jcs:
Fair to call him a bust? Can't even beat Osweiler let alone Siemien for the job....

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21250672/denver-broncos-swap-qb-brock-osweiler-vs-philadelphia-eagles

He is still recovering from a shoulder injury..

"Paxton hasn't played football since Week 3 of the preseason," coach Vance Joseph told reporters. "He's only practiced four days. So right now, he's been inactive the last ball game. So he won't be in that mix."
Originally posted by jcs:

Think his shoulder is still not ready...I think he's a bust regardless though lol
Share 49ersWebzone