LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 396 users in the forums

Paxton Lynch, QB, Memphis

Cats the real deal. 6'7 245 Has run the 40 in 4.7 range. Big arm, 70% completion rating. Has the Tigers at 6-0 right now just beating 13th ranked Ole Miss 37-24 while going 39-53, 384 YDS, 3 TD and a pick that bounced off his receivers hands (his first of the season BTW.) He's shown pro potential and looks like he could go top ten.

Vs Missouri State

Vs Cincinnati

Vs USF

IMO a better prospect then Conner Cook. Thoughts?
I'm onboard. This guy looks like a franchise QB.
What round do you think he'll go??
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

If he keeps his play up, definitely first. Likely top ten.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

First round, top 15 if he keeps it up. Better looking prospect than Cook by far.
Before this week he was cracking the 1st. Measurables are huge and this guy has it all. He's the prototype. Leading Memphis to a 6-0 start with a win over Ole Miss and only a single INT, man, that's checking all the boxes.

Right now, I think he's top 20, no questions asked. By next April, he'll probably be the first QB taken. He looks like more athletic version of Rothlesburger. Cook and Goff are going to come with more question marks. How you play against top competition is critical and neither have passed that test just yet. Lynch showed today that he could perform against just fine against a top team.

I could see Baalke salivating over Lynch. He's a big pocket passer that can scramble. Plus he's already experienced in the read-option and excels in the uptempo offense (for Tomsula). I love that he's carrying a perrinial losing program and making it look easy.

Don't be surprised if he's the #1 pick next spring. This is a QB league and there are a couple QB-needy teams in contention for that first pick.
Originally posted by strickac:
Before this week he was cracking the 1st. Measurables are huge and this guy has it all. He's the prototype. Leading Memphis to a 6-0 start with a win over Ole Miss and only a single INT, man, that's checking all the boxes.

Right now, I think he's top 20, no questions asked. By next April, he'll probably be the first QB taken. He looks like more athletic version of Rothlesburger. Cook and Goff are going to come with more question marks. How you play against top competition is critical and neither have passed that test just yet. Lynch showed today that he could perform against just fine against a top team.

I could see Baalke salivating over Lynch. He's a big pocket passer that can scramble. Plus he's already experienced in the read-option and excels in the uptempo offense (for Tomsula). I love that he's carrying a perrinial losing program and making it look easy.

Don't be surprised if he's the #1 pick next spring. This is a QB league and there are a couple QB-needy teams in contention for that first pick.
he definitely looks like the #1 QB after Goff and Cook stinking up lately. I wish he would of stayed unknown cause now we might not be able to get him.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
he definitely looks like the #1 QB after Goff and Cook stinking up lately. I wish he would of stayed unknown cause now we might not be able to get him.

We're doing a great job of competing for that top pick
Originally posted by strickac:
We're doing a great job of competing for that top pick

Not so much after tomorrow I think.
No thanks.. Bad footwork long release like kap not very accurate

i like him. hackenberg and jones have fallen off the map, cook is decent and goff showed he still has a ways to go. huge opportunity for this kid. he's played well against some big competition (ucla last year)
He has a funky release similar to Kaepernick. Some tweaks will be needed with his delivery but the measurables are all there.
heh, I've been pumping this kid up for awhile, glad people are finding out about him
Had a friend bring him up. Dude looks like the real deal! Moves so well for someone who is 6'7.
Originally posted by Broseph6:
No thanks.. Bad footwork long release like kap not very accurate

Yeah %70 completion rate is terrible accuracy.

Share 49ersWebzone