LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 415 users in the forums

IT'S HERE!!! OLLIE OLS SPORTS 2016 NFL 1ST MOCK DRAFT:

If you want MdDaniels then you did not pay attention to what happened to Denver when he was a coach. Complete ego maniac who got rid of Cutler and Marshall (who were both very good still). McDaniels ego would not fit in the same state as Baalke/York.
Sorry for the reality check but we have at most 3 more winnable games, and it is not likely that we win all those. I would not be surprised if we had the 1st or 2nd pick. And Tunsil is the best player in college football IMO...then Goff. I don't think we are moving on from Kap, I just don't think the front office will do that, and our OL is the primary issue on the team. The natural choice is Tunsil for those reasons. If they are ready to move on it will be Goff and a complete rebuilding project will ensue. Multiple years of top 5 picks.

Staley-Boone-FA-Tiller/Thomas/?-Tunsil.
[ Edited by bigwads on Oct 15, 2015 at 9:04 PM ]
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bigwads:
Sorry for the reality check but we have at most 3 more winnable games, and it is not likely that we win all those. I would not be surprised if we had the 1st or 2nd pick. And Tunsil is the best player in college football IMO...then Goff. I don't think we are moving on from Kap, I just don't think the front office will do that, and our OL is the primary issue on the team. The natural choice is Tunsil for those reasons. If they are ready to move on it will be Goff and a complete rebuilding project will ensue. Multiple years of top 5 picks.

I think you really have to ask yourself what if Kap plays like sh*t again if we keep him? What will be the repercussions? How many heads will roll?

As crap as Baalke is, I just don't think he is that stupid to gamble the future of his career with the 9ers away by banking on Kap's performance.
Originally posted by Judge82Dredd:
I don't care if we take a QB a WR or a OL in the first round.
We must, we need to go offense in the first 2 rounds!

Whats the point of having a dominant defense if we can't put points on the board?
no, we dont have to. need-based bpa should be always the way to go.

whats the point of reaching and upgrading the offense from subpar to average and keeping the defense on above-avg?
if we can get a lights-out guy like Bosa, we should think about that for a minute or two. However, I am absolutely ok with an OT-pick.

on offense we need a QB who can play good consistently, Boldin's successor and an upgrade at OT and perhaps OG.
first one we perhaps got already, second one perhaps too. only the o-line issue wont be resolved without a day two or day one pick, imho.
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by bigwads:

I think you really have to ask yourself what if Kap plays like sh*t again if we keep him? What will be the repercussions? How many heads will roll?

As crap as Baalke is, I just don't think he is that stupid to gamble the future of his career with the 9ers away by banking on Kap's performance.

The franchise QB question is the primary of every team for sure.

For me it's about bust potential in the first round and QB's always get over drafted because of the need for QB's.

I actually think Goff will go #1 and I don't think we will have the worst record, so Goff isn't an option. I don't think the other potential QB's are worth top 20 picks.

If you want one of those QB's take Tunsil early and your QB in the second.
That quarterback Paxton Lynch of the Memphis Tigers looks pretty damned good. He's 6'7" 245 pounds, is accurate, athletic and has a pretty damned good arm.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
eagles and 9ners swap qb's. problem solved!!! then fix the line and were good to go. PS if this doesnt happen, kaep should dissapear, and frees up major room to make a quick free agent overhaul. gabbert can compete with any qb drafted or signed. I am more confident in the 9ners letting kaep go, sign free agents, and gabbert starts. then having kaep on board with his 17 million.
Share 49ersWebzone