There are 267 users in the forums

IT'S HERE!!! OLLIE OLS SPORTS 2016 NFL 1ST MOCK DRAFT:

If/when Davis returns, OT becomes less an issue. A WR does nothing IMO. We have Torrey and a stable of talented young guys. Even if we draft a QB, Kap will start next season and he's surrounded by the same cast next season
Originally posted by strickac:
Selecting Bosa is a solid move. He's an instant upgrade and gives us legit 3-4 bookends. Our pass rush is abysmal and the main reason for that is Dial, Dorsey, Ian and TJE get all the snaps and none of them are pass rushers. We have clogs on the line, not pass rushers. Did anyone notice the difference in the pass rush when AA came in and lines up next to Lynch? The pocket collapsed. Imagine a guy like Bosa collapsing in from the other side.

Don't mistake our recent success. We made the playoffs regularly because our defense was top 5. The offense played for clock control and ball security. With a shotty defense we've been getting blown out. Kap, Goff, Connor, doesn't matter. We're not going to win shoot outs.

Boss improves our horrific Dline.

Our OLine is worse than the Dline(by far)
Our receiving core is probably the worse in the league and Qb play is bottom 5

Ok our defense had been better but we still middle of the pack
Originally posted by Judge82Dredd:

No, the defense is 31st in the NFL. You cant beat teams if you cant stop them from scoring. A big part of the issue is that they went from guys who were penetrating and attacking in McDonald and Justin Smith to two guys who are good at standing their ground.

Adding a dominant DL benefits the entire defense as a whole from top to bottom. The OLBs get an easier path to the QB, the secondary benefits from the QB having a less consistent pocket, its a major ripple effect.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
No, the defense is 31st in the NFL. You cant beat teams if you cant stop them from scoring. A big part of the issue is that they went from guys who were penetrating and attacking in McDonald and Justin Smith to two guys who are good at standing their ground.

Adding a dominant DL benefits the entire defense as a whole from top to bottom. The OLBs get an easier path to the QB, the secondary benefits from the QB having a less consistent pocket, its a major ripple effect.

He built our DNA being a unstopabble passing team.We need to get back to our roots.

Defense is important yes but if you can't score points you still lose.
We need top 10 QB play, Top 10 OL and Top 10 receiving core.If we can put an offense in top 10,I garantee you we will win champions in regular basis
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
We realistically might go 5-11 or 6-10.
We will be picking in the top 10(6 to 8 overall its my projection) with both of these records above

I would not touch any defensive player until 3 round.We have a lot more needs in offense

No, impossible or let's just say highly unlikely. Just run through the rest of the schedule:

• Ravens - L
  • Seahawks - L
  • Rams - L
  • Falcons - L
  • Bye Week
  • Seahawks -L
  • Cards - L
  • Bears - W
  • Browns - W (even the Browns is hard to say since they managed to beat the Ravens)
  • Bengals - L
  • Lions - L (they should have beaten the Seahawks, either that or we will only win 1 game between the Browns and Lions)
  • Rams - L

Season Record = 3-13

By my projection, I think there will be 2 or at most 3 teams that can go worse than us, not in any particular order:

• Texans
  • Jaguars
  • Lions

So, we should be picking 3rd or 4th overall and if so QB is still very possible. Say even if somehow the Texans picks before us and they take Goff, unless Baalke is 100% confident that Connor Cook will survive till the 2nd round only then we may take an OT in the 1st. But, is very hard to say at this point, I have seen both Goff and Cook in the 1st in some mock drafts out there. Furthermore, I think anyone other than Goff and Cook are just going to be project QBs and I doubt Baalke will mess with that. Having said that, a lot can still change with the QB prospects since the college season is still well under way. Will Goff rebound? Will Connor Cook play to his potential? Will Cardale Jones re-emerge even?
He built our DNA being a unstopabble passing team.We need to get back to our roots.

Defense is important yes but if you can't score points you still lose.
We need top 10 QB play, Top 10 OL and Top 10 receiving core.If we can put an offense in top 10,I garantee you we will win champions in regular basis

I got news for you, this won't be an unstoppable passing team anytime soon. Bill Walsh isn't walking through the door at 49ers HQ and its still unlikely that the team drafts a QB early.

The easiest recipe to make it to the playoffs if you don't have a Brady, Rodgers or Manning level QB in their prime is to play damn good defense and have a strong running game. Brady early in his career pretty much played in a game manager role surrounded by a very good defense and it worked like a charm.

Trying to build a team based on playing chuck and duck with Kaepernick or a rookie QB is a recipe for disaster. Winning in football starts with winning in the trenches, OL and DL, those are the areas that you have to shore up.

The fastest way for this team to get back to winning is to get back to having a dominant defense and that starts with the franchise cornerstones, the guys like Justin Smith and Patrick Willis, having those dominant players that can simply wreck an offense and keep offensive coordinators up late at night.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Oct 14, 2015 at 8:12 PM ]
If we draft a defensive player in the first round in 2016, all front office need to get fired

You're nuts. Outside the two tackles I'm taking Bosea in a heartbeat. Goff is NOT a top draft pick. Good luck Houston.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
We will not be picking outside the top 5, I'd say top 3. If we go defense with our first pick I hope the fan base burns in York and Baalke effigy. There isn't one position on the defense that is in bigger need than at least 4 positions on the offense I can think of off the top of my head. With needs on the O-line, WR, and QB (who I think we should go 1st with) it would be irresponsible for Baalke to take a DE 1st in the 2016 draft, and I'd pray daily that he gets fired for it.

I say we go with Conner Cook or Jared Goff with our first, and ILB in the 2nd.

Connor Cook top 3? Come on...
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
We will not be picking outside the top 5, I'd say top 3. If we go defense with our first pick I hope the fan base burns in York and Baalke effigy. There isn't one position on the defense that is in bigger need than at least 4 positions on the offense I can think of off the top of my head. With needs on the O-line, WR, and QB (who I think we should go 1st with) it would be irresponsible for Baalke to take a DE 1st in the 2016 draft, and I'd pray daily that he gets fired for it.

I say we go with Conner Cook or Jared Goff with our first, and ILB in the 2nd.

Exactly. I would say we will probably be picking 3rd. If Goff is there, I think Baalke will pick him. But, if somehow the Texans picks before us and selects Goff, there is still a chance Baalke might go for Cook who is a 1st in a number mock drafts I see out there.

There is just no way Baalke will pick by BPA, not when the team is so frigging desperate. Even this last draft we picked by need and went with Armstead. Again, somehow I have faith in Baalke (even I am not his fan, I just don't think he is that stupid) that he will go QB in the 1st and I will tell you why, just ask yourself the following questions:

Q : 1) Does he believe Kap is the franchise QB?

A : Obviously not.

Q : 2) Based on how Kap is playing this season, do you think he will be willing to gamble and pay him $17 mil for next season?

A : I doubt it very much.

Q : 3) What if Kap plays like sh*t again next year just like the way he is struggling this season?

A : That is precisely why he won't want to commit on April 1, 2016 and pay Kap that $17 mil. Just imagine how badly it could backfire on him? Jed York is going blow his top and ask him why the fxxk is he paying this scrub another $17 mil when Kap had already shown the world how crap he is the season before?

Q : 4) So, assuming he is left with no option but to trade or cut Kap, what will he do then?

A : Well, he might then realizes it was a BS move to have Blaine Gabbert as a back-up QB in the first place as he is not good enough to start or even play him as a bridge QB. He will most likely have to sign a free agent QB to start. But, the chances are that will only be an interim solution although it will buy him a little time. That means he will have to draft a QB right away without further delay to sit him behind the interim QB say for a year until he is ready.

Man you are drinking some spiked kool-aid.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JDMathews49ers:
If we draft a defensive player in the first round in 2016, all front office need to get fired

You're nuts. Outside the two tackles I'm taking Bosea in a heartbeat. Goff is NOT a top draft pick. Good luck Houston.

Yo bro, this is not how the draft works sometimes. Not every team will pick by BPA, in fact a lot of teams will pick by need especially the desperate ones who are picking at the top of 1st round.

Do some homework, just go and Google up some of the latest 2016 mock drafts out there, quite a number of them have both Goff and Cook going in the top of the 1st to the Texans and the Bears.

You say good luck to Houston with Goff, I say good luck to Baalke with his job security if he doesn't pull the trigger on a QB in the 1st.

If you guys think Goff or Cook is worth a top pick, I feel for you. If Trent goes offensively, it has to be a top o-lineman. If both tackles are gone, I highly endorse Trent drafting Joey Bosea.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Man you are drinking some spiked kool-aid.

You give me a convincing argument why Baalke (not you) won't be taking a QB in the 1st?!
Originally posted by Rascal:

Yo bro, this is not how the draft works sometimes. Not every team will pick by BPA, in fact a lot of teams will pick by need especially the desperate ones who are picking at the top of 1st round.

Do some homework, just go and Google up some of the latest 2016 mock drafts out there, quite a number of them have both Goff and Cook going in the top of the 1st to the Texans and the Bears.

You say good luck to Houston with Goff, I say good luck to Baalke with his job security if he doesn't pull the trigger on a QB in the 1st.

Trust I know how drafts work and a many of teams has drafted QB's highly only to be looking for a new one 2 years later. Oh I get it, but with my eyes, neither of these QB's a true first rounders. This reminds me of the 2013 draft all over again.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

This
lmao at rodney stanley as a top 2 pick. Someone's on crack. He's a first round talent but he's not a top 5 pick talent IMO. However, Jaylon Smith certainly is.
Share 49ersWebzone