LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 225 users in the forums

Joey Bosa, our savior

• evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheRambler:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Are u starting extra threads for a reason? Or is Ohio States education that bad?

I'm pretty sure he didn't go to Ohio State

The bolded needs to be added to the swear filter
[ Edited by KRS-1 on Apr 27, 2016 at 11:11 AM ]
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Are u starting extra threads for a reason? Or is Ohio States education that bad?

I'm sorry, THE Ohio State University.

Sorry about the Fiesta Bowl.
I would say this: which position would an injury be the most detrimental to and can we replace that injury with a pick from round 2 or after? These are the positions that can be filled later in the draft of there is an injury:

RB
DB
OL
DL

Now these are the positions where we will have a huge drop off per injury with a replacement outside the 1st round:

ILB
OLB
QB
WR
Just an FYI :

Joey Bosa
Height: 6-5
Weight: 269
Arm length: 33 3/8
40-yard dash: 4.86
Bench press: 24
Vertical jump: 32
Broad jump: 120
20-yard shuttle: 4.21
3-cone: 6.89

Ryan Kerrigan (2011)
Height: 6-4
Weight: 267
Arm length: 33 3/8
40-yard dash: 4.79
Bench: 31
Vertical jump: 33 ½
Broad jump: 122
20-yard shuttle: 4.39
3-cone: 7.18

Another argument for why they really need to take Bosa if he's still there.
  • evil
  • Veteran

Reported for personal attack

I bet Jaylon Smith is sorry about getting blocked after the whistle at the Fiesta bowl too.
Originally posted by Joecool:
I would say this: which position would an injury be the most detrimental to and can we replace that injury with a pick from round 2 or after? These are the positions that can be filled later in the draft of there is an injury:

RB
DB
OL
DL

Now these are the positions where we will have a huge drop off per injury with a replacement outside the 1st round:

ILB
OLB
QB
WR

We are a bad team. It's hard to make an argument against BPA, especially in the early rounds considering where we are in terms of lack of talent or unknown talent. I think having a potentially dominant DL (Armstead-Williams (if healthy)-Buckner, and Aaron Lynch who is already a good OLB and needs to be accounted for, can really open things up for who will play opposite of him. I wouldn't be mad if we took Bosa, but it would be hard to pass up on DeForest Buckner. Now if the Jets want to do a more reasonable trade for Muhammed Wilkerson between now and tomorrow evening, then hey, Bosa is the guy.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Jay would be the ultimate pick here!!
  • Kuya
  • Veteran
I still love him at #7
Justin Smith (6-4, 267) was a 4-3 end coming out in 2001 before eventually playing 4-tech with 49ers. Joey Bosa (6-5, 269) is also a 4-3 DE
Jus saying

Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:
Joey Bosa will be the next JJ Watt.

Yeah, a 20lbs lighter, stiffer and slower version.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=15414623&ex_cid=sportscenterTW&sf25217782=1
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by Joecool:

RB
DB
OL
DL

ILB
OLB
QB
WR

We are a bad team. It's hard to make an argument against BPA, especially in the early rounds considering where we are in terms of lack of talent or unknown talent. I think having a potentially dominant DL (Armstead-Williams (if healthy)-Buckner, and Aaron Lynch who is already a good OLB and needs to be accounted for, can really open things up for who will play opposite of him. I wouldn't be mad if we took Bosa, but it would be hard to pass up on DeForest Buckner. Now if the Jets want to do a more reasonable trade for Muhammed Wilkerson between now and tomorrow evening, then hey, Bosa is the guy.

I don't think we are. We had bad coaching and are an ILB plus DE away from being where we were before Willis and Justin retired.
Also, I feel like we have the most talented and well rounded QB since a long time. Fingers crossed that he is mentally ready.
[ Edited by Joecool on Apr 27, 2016 at 3:41 PM ]
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Bosa's holdout makes me even more thankful Buckner fell to 7.
Originally posted by Hopper:

Amen o that brother.

IMO, Buckner will have an impact rookie season.
Originally posted by Hopper:

I think both Bosa and the Chargers are at fault, arguing over relatively minor issues, both being pennywise and pound foolish. He's going to have a hard time to make up for the time he is missing and if his holdout lasts much longer, its going to have a real detrimental effect on his rookie season as a whole.
Share 49ersWebzone