LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

He's coming..................the Laremy Tunsil(OT-Ole Miss) Thread!

Wilkerson in fa and tunsil in the draft. Bosa is the most overrated player in college football.
[ Edited by bigwads on Nov 22, 2015 at 10:11 PM ]
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I disagree, todays game was loss by the defense, they didn't do the offense any favors today. I rather have a dominant defense again than go through the years with this coaching staff trying to develop a young QB. Bosa and Nkemdiche is right there for the taking for the 49ers, if anything they can take Wentz in the 2nd or 3rd and develop him. Drafting a QB in the top 10 again will bring us right back to seeing the Nolan years again, no thank you.

The defense needs to be fixed ASAP or the O-line. 49ers defense has taken a HUGE hit this past off season, it can't be fixed over night I know but they need to reload with some blue chip talent again if they wanna be serious about competing again.

Bosa could end up as the 1st pick in the draft, Nkemdiche will be a top 5 pick, if not top 3. Unless the 49ers lose out, they may not have a chance at drafting either of them.

In anycase, I still think that you have to go with a QB if you believe that he can be a franchise player. They won't be competing for anything next season anyways, so my thought is that you draft a QB and you let them develop while you rebuild the talent on the roster in the next 2 draft's.

If you don't think that the QB's are worth it, then you take the best OL on the board which would be Tunsil.

Lol I don't see the 49ers winning anytime soon so they just might have a top 3-5 pick. But I wouldn't say in any case especially not the 49ers with all the holes they have. seriously if Bosa, Nkemdiche and Goff or Lynch is there you GOTTA go with the first two, I just don't think Goff is worth a top 3-5 pick, Lynch maybe I liked what I saw in him with his leadership and traits of a franchise QB. BUT like I said I rather build around Bosa or Nkemdiche for the time being. Until I see Chryst gone and a more competent OC only then I would be content with them developing a young QB.

But a lot of time til the draft we shall see which way he goes or if he's even here to make that decision. lol

This is the point I was somewhat making in the SuckforGoff thread. Are the people that want us to draft him convinced he's a franchise QB. You cannot get in the habit of taking a QB in the first just because you need one. Especially with superior talent available. We also have a guy that looks ok right now and could stand to use some help at O-line, running back, and possibly receiver. Even the biggest Colin Kaepernick detractor would have to admit even he would look more like his 2013/2014 self with a better O-line. I do not believe we should ignore the QB position and end up being like the Houston Texans, having a once in a generation defensive talent and unable to out a team around him. However, I think with a few tweaks and signings we can be in a much better position offensively and have a shot at Nkemdiche, which would immediately help guys like Arik Armstead having another potentially dominant DE starting opposite of him, as well as Aaron Lynch and Ahmad Brooks, which in turn helps our DBs. If not Bosa, then of course the subject of this thread, Tunsil.
Originally posted by bigwads:
Wilkerson in fa and tunsil in the draft. Bosa is the most overrated player in college football.

IMO Bosa isn't overrated. He is being one of the best college players in the last 2 years, he's one of the best run-stopper in college and a fantastic pass-rusher. Maybe this don't translate to the NFL but in college he's pretty damn good.
Will be the first OT taken. Won't drop to us.
Get him.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Will be the first player taken. Won't drop to us.

Fixed that for you. ;)
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
My only problem with Tunsil if he were to fall to the 49ers is where would he play?? Would he be hurting his game by playing RT??
My only problem with Tunsil if he were to fall to the 49ers is where would he play?? Would he be hurting his game by playing RT??

I don't think so. Staley played at RT when he started out, Tunsil could do the same or you wind up moving Staley to RT.....or even move Tunsil to LG for the time. It would mean more options as far as the OL goes.

Whoever we draft will probably play LG. If everything goes alright AD will comeback to his old RT spot.
Originally posted by joaosoarrs99:
Whoever we draft will probably play LG. If everything goes alright AD will comeback to his old RT spot.

well thats why i think we should go pass rusher if AD comes back

this team is on pace for lowest sack count since 2003

Originally posted by harryj:
well thats why i think we should go pass rusher if AD comes back

this team is on pace for lowest sack count since 2003

Kind of a meh year for pass rushers....especially at the top of the draft. Some guys that looked great have fallen off, some guys that were looked at as 1st rounders before the season have fallen off the map completely. Its not a good year to need a top notch pass rusher so I think adding a wrecking ball to the DL in Nkemdiche or DeForest Buckner, a top notch ILB prospect in Jaylon Smith or a dominant OL prospect in Tunsil or Stanley wouldn't be a bad way to go.

Also I don't think that the team should put themselves in the position of having to rely on Anthony Davis who might up and quit at any moment. Waiting until after FA and the draft to "retire" was kind of a dick move, no matter how you look at it. Not sure that the team can trust in his commitment to football going forward....also, who knows what kind of shape he'll be in after a year away.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Nov 23, 2015 at 11:16 AM ]
Originally posted by joaosoarrs99:

Rather move him to RG
Tunsil has looked every bit the part of a franchise left tackle in the Sugar Bowl. Ridiculously athletic for a guy as big as he is, you can put him into any blocking scheme and he looks as if he'd thrive. I would think that Tunsil to the Titans with the first pick is pretty much a lock if he has a good offseason. Tunsil and Lewan as the bookends on that OL would be a great way to protect Mariota.
Originally posted by bigwads:

I think he's a hell of a ball player, but I also see a bit of Chris Long in him. He's a very good athlete, but not a freak, imo. He's relentless, but he's not Justin Smith strong, so a good enough OT should anchor well enough against him. Not sure. I'm hearing comparisons to JJ Watt and Justin Smith, and I'm not sure I see it.
Originally posted by shmuck:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Will be the first player taken. Won't drop to us.

Fixed that for you. ;)

I think this might be true. If Tennessee doesn't take him, SD basically HAS to. Rivers's throwing motion is already ugly. It'll look much worse if he's in a body cast.
Share 49ersWebzone