LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 273 users in the forums

He's coming..................the Laremy Tunsil(OT-Ole Miss) Thread!

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I would love to have an ALL PRO OT for the next decade and also a guy coming out at DE who I think is better than Buckner. In my opinion, Conklin and Allen will both be all pro players for quite awhile. Again, I am not dissing at all on Buckner. He was a fine pick. I am just saying that I would prefer Allen/Conklin to Buckner/and whoever the Niners take at 2. Staley will be 33 next year and I doubt he will be around when the Niners contend again so getting a young stud OT would have been a good thing.

As for AA. Obviously that was a bad pick but he isnt part of this conversation.

Truth is we have no idea AA was a bad pick he's got 700 snaps to his name...I wouldn't think he'd play well with a dislocated shoulder all yr. also why can't he be part of the discussion your the one bringing up other players to begin with lol.

Conklin got a ton of help from his TE blocking this yr (which was pointed out by Matt Miller yesterday) I'm more than fine with brown and Staley.

We also have no idea if Conklin would have played well in chips inside zone, they run a power run game in Tenn.

We will see what the next coaching staff does. I was merely talking about Buckner vs tunsil because there was discussions on those two through out the season...also we have no idea if Allen will be a all pro he hasn't played a snap in the NFL.

Again, its an opinion. In my opinion, Allen and Conklin >> Buckner and the #2 pick long term LONG term - not 2017 as I dont think it matters next year. The Niners will be lucky to win 5 or 6 games. Love Joe but Im not sure he ever plays at an All Pro level for a 49er contending team again. I also happen to think that Allen is going to be a special player.

Hope you are right though and that AA and Buckner are a force for the future.
Again, its an opinion. In my opinion, Allen and Conklin >> Buckner and the #2 pick long term LONG term - not 2017 as I dont think it matters next year. The Niners will be lucky to win 5 or 6 games. Love Joe but Im not sure he ever plays at an All Pro level for a 49er contending team again. I also happen to think that Allen is going to be a special player.

Time will tell
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Time will tell

Yep. Having said ALL this, if the Niners dont trade for Jimmy G, then I am completely in the camp of taking Trubisky. If Trubisky is a star then the combo of Mitch/Buckner would be greater than Allen/Conklin for sure. QB trumps everything.
Yep. Having said ALL this, if the Niners dont trade for Jimmy G, then I am completely in the camp of taking Trubisky. If Trubisky is a star then the combo of Mitch/Buckner would be greater than Allen/Conklin for sure. QB trumps everything.

Agreed
I would love to have an ALL PRO OT for the next decade and also a guy coming out at DE who I think is better than Buckner. In my opinion, Conklin and Allen will both be all pro players for quite awhile. Again, I am not dissing at all on Buckner. He was a fine pick. I am just saying that I would prefer Allen/Conklin to Buckner/and whoever the Niners take at 2. Staley will be 33 next year and I doubt he will be around when the Niners contend again so getting a young stud OT would have been a good thing.

Armstead wasn't a bad pick, it's just that he was used out of position. There was no way he should have been used as a DT rushing from the inside when we were in the nickel.

This isn't a 3-4 team anymore. Buckner and AA will be dominant as DE's in the 4-3.

Draft Allen. Let him wreak havok as an interior rusher. Throw in Lynch as a 3rd down pass rusher and we are set.

LDE- Arik Armstead, Aaron Lynch
NT- Glenn Dorsey, Chris Jones
RDT- Jonathan Allen, Ronald Blair, Quinton Dial
RDE- DeForest Buckner, Eli Harold

WOLB- Ray Ray Armstrong
MLB- Navarro Bowman
SOLB- free agent
Whomever emerges as our new GM must address the NT position...Dorsey will be 32 this year. There are a number of excellent FA's...one of 'em should be signed, like Logan, Brandon Williams or Poe. Strengthening the middle is critical...and it starts up front. Particularly Logan & Poe would provide a veteran presence that's much-needed. If McDaniels is our new HC, he comes from a 3-4 world. Not sure he'd change to a 4-3. I really think with a dominant NT both AA and Buckner will thrive.
Originally posted by SteveYoung:
Armstead wasn't a bad pick, it's just that he was used out of position. There was no way he should have been used as a DT rushing from the inside when we were in the nickel.

This isn't a 3-4 team anymore. Buckner and AA will be dominant as DE's in the 4-3.

Draft Allen. Let him wreak havok as an interior rusher. Throw in Lynch as a 3rd down pass rusher and we are set.

WOLB- Ray Ray Armstrong
MLB- Navarro Bowman
SOLB- free agent

I think Harold might have a better chance dropping weight and being a 4-3 OLB.
For DE, there'd also be Tank.
Originally posted by SteveYoung:

WOLB- Ray Ray Armstrong
MLB- Navarro Bowman
SOLB- free agent

thatd be a slow pass rush.
Share 49ersWebzone