LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

He's coming..................the Laremy Tunsil(OT-Ole Miss) Thread!

Originally posted by WildBill:
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:
Originally posted by pete98146:
Originally posted by NCommand:
It's crazy to think we have a legit shot at him by just standing pat.

Problem is.....I think it's nearly impossible for Trent to stand pat. Totally agree with what you are saying. All Baalke needs to do is be patient and let the draft come to him. IMHO, there are 7 blue chippers in this draft and we are guaranteed to get one of them. Goff, Wentz, Tunsil, Ramsey, Buckner, Jack or Bosa will be ours. Virtually impossible to screw this up.

But at the end of the day, my prediction? We won't end up with any of these guys because Baalke will be Baalke. Hey if he trades back a few and we end up with Conklin, Stanley, Lawson and more picks, I can live with that, but I'd rather him land one of the blue chippers this year.

Reports of Bosa falling out of the Top 10 now

Looks like a lot of people were wrong about everything......hahaha

Yup, as usual Nobody had Tunsil dropping all the way to 13, Eli Apple going before Hargreaves, none of the Alabama defense going in the 1st round, etc. SD and DAL helped us out a lot with their unexpected picks
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:
Yup, as usual Nobody had Tunsil dropping all the way to 13, Eli Apple going before Hargreaves, none of the Alabama defense going in the 1st round, etc. SD and DAL helped us out a lot with their unexpected picks

ppl have been hating latetly on alabama defensive players for the draft .
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Dolphins said Laremy Tunsil had an allergic reaction and will not be appearing at today's previously scheduled press conference.
Originally posted by Jcool:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Dolphins said Laremy Tunsil had an allergic reaction and will not be appearing at today's previously scheduled press conference.

LMAO! Allergic to questions about taking money from Ole Miss.
OL is playing like poo poo...bucker was the right pick
Originally posted by NYniner85:
OL is playing like poo poo...bucker was the right pick

Buckner was the better pick over Tunsil. However, I think the Niners would be better off right now with Jack Conklin and then Jonathon Allen at DE this year with the 2nd pick. But, we cant complain with Buckner thats for sure.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Buckner was the better pick over Tunsil. However, I think the Niners would be better off right now with Jack Conklin and then Jonathon Allen at DE this year with the 2nd pick. But, we cant complain with Buckner thats for sure.

I got not issue with our OTs Staley and brown are fine.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Hindsight is 20/20
Originally posted by Jcool:

Hindsight is 20/20

Who asked you. I am giving my opinion on what I believe would be best. Go back to your twitter.

I agree but That could be said about every position. I'd rather have Rodgers over Alex smith, Jeffrey over Jenkins, Marcus peters instead of armstead and still have brown and be able to get Allen this year. It's easy to look back and decide, if we were able to do that, you'd have a Super Bowl team every year. Wish it was possible man haha
[ Edited by DJamhour on Jan 8, 2017 at 1:14 PM ]

Originally posted by DJamhour:

That could be said about every position. I'd rather have Rodgers over Alex smith, Jeffrey over Jenkins, Marcus peters instead of armstead and still have brown and be able to get Allen this year. It's easy to look back and decide, if we were able to do that, you'd have a Super Bowl team every year

Sure. NY said that Buckner was the better pick over Tunsil which I agree with. I am not complaining at ALL about Buckner. I am just saying that in retrospect the Niners would probably be in a better spot with Conklin and then having the open spot to take Allen. It is all up for debate though and its an opinion and not a fact.
Sure. NY said that Buckner was the better pick over Tunsil which I agree with. I am not complaining at ALL about Buckner. I am just saying that in retrospect the Niners would probably be in a better spot with Conklin and then having the open spot to take Allen. It is all up for debate though and its an opinion and not a fact.

How would they be in a better spot with Conklin? We have good OTs, LG and center need to be upgraded. Buckner was a fine pick...if your gonna throw out "what ifs" then we should have not taken AA and gone Allen 3 yrs later.

How would they be in a better spot with Conklin? We have good OTs, LG and center need to be upgraded. Buckner was a fine pick...if your gonna throw out "what ifs" then we should have not taken AA and gone Allen 3 yrs later.
I would love to have an ALL PRO OT for the next decade and also a guy coming out at DE who I think is better than Buckner. In my opinion, Conklin and Allen will both be all pro players for quite awhile. Again, I am not dissing at all on Buckner. He was a fine pick. I am just saying that I would prefer Allen/Conklin to Buckner/and whoever the Niners take at 2. Staley will be 33 next year and I doubt he will be around when the Niners contend again so getting a young stud OT would have been a good thing.

As for AA. Obviously that was a bad pick but he isnt part of this conversation.
I would love to have an ALL PRO OT for the next decade and also a guy coming out at DE who I think is better than Buckner. In my opinion, Conklin and Allen will both be all pro players for quite awhile. Again, I am not dissing at all on Buckner. He was a fine pick. I am just saying that I would prefer Allen/Conklin to Buckner/and whoever the Niners take at 2. Staley will be 33 next year and I doubt he will be around when the Niners contend again so getting a young stud OT would have been a good thing.

Truth is we have no idea AA was a bad pick he's got 700 snaps to his name...I wouldn't think he'd play well with a dislocated shoulder all yr. also why can't he be part of the discussion your the one bringing up other players to begin with lol.

Conklin got a ton of help from his TE blocking this yr (which was pointed out by Matt Miller yesterday) I'm more than fine with brown and Staley.

We also have no idea if Conklin would have played well in chips inside zone, they run a power run game in Tenn.

We will see what the next coaching staff does. I was merely talking about Buckner vs tunsil because there was discussions on those two through out the season...also we have no idea if Allen will be a all pro he hasn't played a snap in the NFL.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jan 8, 2017 at 2:32 PM ]

Truth is we have no idea AA was a bad pick he's got 700 snaps to his name...I wouldn't think he'd play well with a dislocated shoulder all yr.

Conklin got a ton of help from his TE blocking this yr (which was pointed out by Matt Miller yesterday) I'm more than fine with brown and Staley.

We also have no idea of Conklin would have played well in chips inside zone they run a power run game in Tenn.

We will see what the next coaching staff does. I was merely talking about Buckner vs tunsil because there was discussions on those two through out the season...also we have no idea if Allen will be a all pro he hasn't played a snap in the NFL.

On top of this if we're sticking to a 3-4 defense, Buckner would still be a better 5Tech prospect then Allen. Although Allen will likely be an all-pro as a 3Tech
Share 49ersWebzone