LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 296 users in the forums

Free Agency & Draft Mock Plan

1) Free Agency

Resign: OL - Alex Boone
DL - Ian Williams
TE - Garret Celek

Everyone else can go kick rocks as far as I'm concerned.

Sign: TE - Coby Fleener
WR - Alshon Jeffrey
OL - Jeff Allen

2) Draft

Round 1

DT - Robert Nkemdiche - Ole Miss

Round 2

CB - Cameron Sutton - Tennessee

Round 3

OL - Spencer Drango - Baylor

Round 4

Pick 1:

LB - Myles Jack - UCLA

Pick 2:

Cody Kessler - QB - USC

Round 5

Pick 1:

OLB - Devonte Fields - Louisville

Pick 2:

Hala Vaitai - OG - TCU

Pick 3:

D'haquille Williams - WR - Auburn

(I think worth the risk there)

Round 6

Pick 1:

Stacy Coley: WR - Miami

Pick 2:

Glenn Gronkowski - FB - Kansas State

Pick 3:

DE/OLB - Ian Seau - Nevada

Round 7

Keith Marshall - RB - Georgia

Myles Jack will be long gone at the 4th Round. Niners don't have a 7th round pick anymore.
I wouldn't draft any USC qb's.
Originally posted by jreff22:

I understand the sentiment but this guy looks better than Matt Barkley or any of the other USC qb's, with the exception of Palmer of course.
Originally posted by ivanm05:

I understand the sentiment but this guy looks better than Matt Barkley or any of the other USC qb's, with the exception of Palmer of course.

Every recent USC player we've drafted has been dog s**t. I don't trust the school lol
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Myles Jack will be long gone at the 4th Round. Niners don't have a 7th round pick anymore.

Yeah probably so, but that all depends on his recovery and what he's able to show before the draft. If everything's great, he'll probably be picked somewhere in the later 1st... if it's bad who knows how much he drops. Just ask Ifo-Ekpre Olomu. Guy was a first round pick before his injury, wasn't drafted till the 7th I believe.

The best thing about getting a top 5 pick, however, is that your 1st round pick is more of a take your pick of the litter type pick... and your real 1st round pick is your early 2nd rounder. Your 2nd rounder, your early 3rd... and so forth. Maybe he falls to the early 3rd. Would not mind taking him there.
Every recent USC player we've drafted has been dog s**t. I don't trust the school lol

Yeah i hear you. Mays. Chilo Rachal. Ronald Johnson haha. That is a pretty horrible list. To his credit, Martin is still very young. I think he's barely 21, so can't make a verdict on him quite yet.
Originally posted by ivanm05:

Yeah i hear you. Mays. Chilo Rachal. Ronald Johnson haha. That is a pretty horrible list. To his credit, Martin is still very young. I think he's barely 21, so can't make a verdict on him quite yet.

martin is horrible. To me, doesnt show any sign that he will be a good player anytime soon
I don't like your's first 4 picks because I don't think there is a huge need at DL cause we already got Ian Willians(very good and underrated), Quinton Dial(can get the job done) and Arik Armstead(when he gets snaps he plays like a monster and hasn't even reached his full potential). At CB we have a solid corner at Brock and a lot of potential at Reaser, Acker and Johnson.

As for the OL we have 3 big holes(Martin, Devey and Pears) and we can only fix(with what we have now) one of them(center with Kilgore) so this is a major need. We could use a 1st round pick to fix that problem. With the 2nd round pick we could draft a LB because at the OLB position we have Aaron Lynch who is a beast but Ahmad Brooks is not as reliable as he used to be and Harold is not showing flashes of what he could be and at ILB both Bowman and Whihoite are 2-down linebackers, of course we still have Gerald Hodges who looked pretty good with the Vikings but we use 2 ILB so we need other 3-down. Other option would be WR because Boldin is old and maybe retire or play for other team leaving us with only 2 good players at the position(Smith and Ellington). As for QB it depends it in how patient Balkee and Tomsula are with Kaep.
Nkdiche
Originally posted by joaosoarrs99:
I don't like your's first 4 picks because I don't think there is a huge need at DL cause we already got Ian Willians(very good and underrated), Quinton Dial(can get the job done) and Arik Armstead(when he gets snaps he plays like a monster and hasn't even reached his full potential). At CB we have a solid corner at Brock and a lot of potential at Reaser, Acker and Johnson.

As for the OL we have 3 big holes(Martin, Devey and Pears) and we can only fix(with what we have now) one of them(center with Kilgore) so this is a major need. We could use a 1st round pick to fix that problem. With the 2nd round pick we could draft a LB because at the OLB position we have Aaron Lynch who is a beast but Ahmad Brooks is not as reliable as he used to be and Harold is not showing flashes of what he could be and at ILB both Bowman and Whihoite are 2-down linebackers, of course we still have Gerald Hodges who looked pretty good with the Vikings but we use 2 ILB so we need other 3-down. Other option would be WR because Boldin is old and maybe retire or play for other team leaving us with only 2 good players at the position(Smith and Ellington). As for QB it depends it in how patient Balkee and Tomsula are with Kaep.

Well you may not have noticed but thats why I had us signing Jeff Allen from the Chiefs in free agency. And whether we like it or not Anthony Davis will be coming back, and we are in no position to not welcome that type of help back, even if it hurts our pride. Oline is big problem NOW, because of everyone we have missing, bus once Davis returns. Once Boone is resigned and put back on the right side. Once Brandon Thomas gets another year under his belt. Once Kilgore returns to Center and Martin is pushed to backup right guard. I think we should be a lot better.

The way things look right now, we're going to be picking in the top 5, and as important as the o-line may seem, I want the niners to pick a player that will dominate every snap he plays. I think Nkmdiche is that type of player. I know we have a lot pf depth on the dline but this Nkmdiche is a monster. No one on our roster right now comes even near to what he could bring. Not Dial, not Armstead, not Tank. This guy seems to get free on every single play. A man among boys.

Now, I know everyone is going with the whole "our cbs have a lot of potential" but do they really? Ive yet to see them actually do something impressive. I don't think they're as good as we've tried to make ourselves believe that they are. I mean sure Acker picked off Manning during a preseason game, but everyone's picking Manning off. Brown completely scorched this kid. I know he's a rookie but lets not pretend like we have that position solidified. Not even close.

Cameron Sutton has been covering the top receivers from the SEC for the past few years, from Amari Cooper to Laquon Treadwell.

I do agree with you about OLB but no one really excites me in the first couple rounds. I mean sure Bosa and Floyd are great but Bosa is going either one or two, and I wouldn't take Floyd with a top 5 or 10 pick. I like Shilique Calhoun, but until the 2nd round.

And as far as wide receiver, I'm sure you missed where i had them signing Alshon Jeffrey. Baalke has shown us that he rather take a veteran receiver in free agency than to spend a high draft pick on one. But if don't sign one, then most certainly yes we do need a WR.

Until I see it it wouldn't count on Davis. Every mock I'm doing, is going in with the idea he's not back and we sign 0 free agents.

Nkemdiche or Bosa could be...just maybe...if we are lucky...Justin 2.0
At this point it's way more likely that Jack is a 1st or 2nd round pick than a 4th round pick. He was hurt early in the season so should be fine by the start of next season and I haven't heard any news that disputes that. Ekpre Olumu was not a lock for the first round before he got hurt and he had a pretty serious injury at the end of the season. He is undersized for a corner without great length or technique so I don't think he was ever going to go in the first round.

I like Nkemdiche and Bosa and hope we pick one of them or Tunsil/Stanley. I'm not sold on Armstead or Tank developing into Justin's replacement. Fixing our offensive line may make sense from the perspective that we may want to see what we have on offense before replacing our QB and offensive coordinator. I'd be on board with taking Jack if he slips to the top of the 2nd round and then going Drango, Sutton, or KeiVarae Russell in the 3rd. Russell was thought of as a future 1st round pick prior to his suspension, but missed a season and hasn't been quite as good this year. He reminds me a bit of Culliver (same compact build, physical, great athlete, inconsistent), but is more mature off the field.

I like how you allocated your picks, but I think we'll probably go offensive line earlier than 3rd and late 5th round. It will be really interesting to see which direction we go in the draft this year because we have so many holes. We don't have a true #1 WR or CB and our pass rush has been nonexistent at times. We also need a 5 technique to replace Smith, an ILB to replace Willis/Borland, 3 new starters on the offensive line, and possibly a new QB.
Round 1 (7th ovr)
OT Tunsil or Stanley
If any of the top d-liners somehow falls to our pick (No. 7 currently), then I would go for each of them in a heartbeat.
According to reports, both OT-prospects are very good, Tunsil seems to be more pro-ready and he had to sustain in the SEC. Stanley is a bit more raw but has tremendous upside. Seems to be a Davis/Bulaga-situation all over again.

Round 2 (49th ovr)
DT/DE/OLB Anthony Zettel, Penn State
Dorsey, TJE and Dial are ok but at least TJE is disposable imho and should be upgraded by superior talent. He will be a FA anyway.
Yet, I dont know if Zettel can add about 20-25 pounds in order to be a "true" 34-DE.

Round 3 (82 ovr)
QB Joshua Dobbs, Tennessee
Possibly we need to jump a little bit.

Round 4a (about 120 ovr)
OG Rees Odhiambo, Boise State
Played OT but seems to be projected at OG in the NFL. Therefore, we got an OG-talent who could be a Tackle-backup as well. Solid mobility, good for ZBS.

Round 4b (comp pick)
ILB Jared Norris, Utah
kind of a TED linbeacker

Round 5
WR Calyb Jones, Arizona
Nothing special tbh but he can catch and has the frame to be a redzone-thread due to height (6-3).
Originally posted by communist:
Round 1 (7th ovr)
OT Tunsil or Stanley
If any of the top d-liners somehow falls to our pick (No. 7 currently), then I would go for each of them in a heartbeat.
According to reports, both OT-prospects are very good, Tunsil seems to be more pro-ready and he had to sustain in the SEC. Stanley is a bit more raw but has tremendous upside. Seems to be a Davis/Bulaga-situation all over again.

Round 2 (49th ovr)
DT/DE/OLB Anthony Zettel, Penn State
Dorsey, TJE and Dial are ok but at least TJE is disposable imho and should be upgraded by superior talent. He will be a FA anyway.
Yet, I dont know if Zettel can add about 20-25 pounds in order to be a "true" 34-DE.

Round 3 (82 ovr)
QB Joshua Dobbs, Tennessee
Possibly we need to jump a little bit.

Round 4a (about 120 ovr)
OG Rees Odhiambo, Boise State
Played OT but seems to be projected at OG in the NFL. Therefore, we got an OG-talent who could be a Tackle-backup as well. Solid mobility, good for ZBS.

Round 4b (comp pick)
ILB Jared Norris, Utah
kind of a TED linbeacker

Round 5
WR Calyb Jones, Arizona
Nothing special tbh but he can catch and has the frame to be a redzone-thread due to height (6-3).

I like Tunsil. Zettel not a bad option there in the second. I think there's some better options than Dobbs at QB.
at wide receiver i like Michael Thomas 6'3 212 possesion receiver
at OT i like Ronnie Stanley 6'5 315 can play right and left tackle
at guard i like Pat Eiflein 6'3 300 good pass protector and run blocker
at OLB i like Yannick Ngakoue 6'2 255 speed and power
Share 49ersWebzone