LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

IT'S ALL ABOUT the draft

• Ike49
1-4 and as much as it sucks, I'm relived that now we can spend the rest of this season focusing our football time on Saturdays instead of Sunday's. It really does take a bunch of stress out of the weekend when you simply just let go of your expectations and come to grips with the fact that we suck and hopefully with each passing weeks loss, it brings us that much closer to the day we finally win another Super Bowl.

That all starts right here in this forum where UNDOUBTEDLY and UNDENIABLY the greatest mock draft experts and 49er fans with THE most insight spend months and months finding and exposing the college players that will help us the most.

I for one just want to say thank you to those of you (OTC, AB, and others) that put in the work to bring us all the info and highlights on the players we need.

Here's to the rest of the season and focusing on our draft!!!

• jimrat
  • Veteran
I absolutely have no faith in Baalke
Just as long as we draft a couple of hurt players and use our first 2 picks on guys who will be ready to start in 2019, we should be good.
My guys I would target in rd 1 right now.

Jared Goff is obvious at QB

Jaylon Smith at either OLB or ILB

Ronnie Stanley and Laremy Tunsil at OT

Vernon Hargreaves III and Jalen Ramsey at CB

Robert Nkemdiche, Joey Bosa at DL

We should have a shot at one of those guys, I don't think we win more than 4 games this season, so we should pick top 5-10.

But I have no faith in Baalke picking high, need a new GM.
As long as he picks one of the consensus guys at the top it should be fine. What I'm worried about is rounds 2-7. We're going to need a complete/full draft in 2016.

Originally posted by AB81Rules:
My guys I would target in rd 1 right now.

Jared Goff is obvious at QB

Jaylon Smith at either OLB or ILB

Ronnie Stanley and Laremy Tunsil at OT

Vernon Hargreaves III and Jalen Ramsey at CB

Robert Nkemdiche, Joey Bosa at DL

We should have a shot at one of those guys, I don't think we win more than 4 games this season, so we should pick top 5-10.

But I have no faith in Baalke picking high, need a new GM.
Originally posted by 49ersGiants7:
As long as he picks one of the consensus guys at the top it should be fine. What I'm worried about is rounds 2-7. We're going to need a complete/full draft in 2016.

I couldn't agree more. Maybe he should trade up and get more immediate impact players. Instead of 15 guys, and 10 of them will get cut or get put on IR and never show up
[ Edited by DJamhour on Oct 11, 2015 at 10:49 PM ]
I don't want a QB, plenty of other holes and Kap has talent, guy has won and played well in some playoff games, I think he will get back on track.
He's in his late 20's with a big contract, needs ideal circumstances and the 49ers are a rebuilding team. Not saying I want a top 5 QB no matter what but it's worth exploring.

Originally posted by GoldenJoe:
I don't want a QB, plenty of other holes and Kap has talent, guy has won and played well in some playoff games, I think he will get back on track.
I don't know about Goff

Either way we need an o-line. I think a lot of kaep's woes are from having no time to throw, which leads to mistrust of your protection, which leads to rushed throws or running when you don't have to, which leads to turn overs and 3 and outs. Whoever is at QB we need to address the o line first.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
As much as I want Joey Bosa or Jaylon Smith for this soft ass defense, they gotta take an O-lineman.

I still think we have to go BPA. We may be several years from being a playoff team, so while it would be nice to improve our offensive line so we can bring in a new QB or see what we have with Kaep, I don't think we should pass on guys like Bosa/Nkemidiche, especially if the top two tackles are gone. As much as I like Jaylon Smith, we may have too high a pick to justify taking a LB that isn't an elite pass rusher.
It would be nice if Anthony Davis just came back in shape next season.
we are getting pushed around up front on both sides of the ball...I think we should use our picks to some way get 4 impact players
from rounds 1 & 2.... OT....DE....OLB....GUARD....Leaving the 3rd round to select a ILB... So far I've seen a lot of serviceable ILB in college
We need two firsts. One more pass rusher at OLB and a starting RT. Those two positions alone won't win us a Super Bowl, but we'd at least compete for a playoff spot.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jimrat:
I absolutely have no faith in Baalke

That's the problem. Until we have a new GM, I am not expecting anything different from Baalke. This year, I couldn't even be bothered to watch it cos I knew it would be underwhelming as usual and it was.
[ Edited by Rascal on Oct 12, 2015 at 6:26 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone