There are 201 users in the forums

Darron Lee OLB/ILB OSU

Grant Cohn went as far as projecting him to us at #7
Originally posted by birdie2bogey:

He's an idiot though. I like the Shazier comparison though.
  • crew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by strickac:

He's an idiot though. I like the Shazier comparison though.

Quite a few mocks have Lee going as high as #10 to Giants, with majority of mocks going to Bears at #11.

Yeah Grant is my go to guy for CFB/Draft knowledge.
Incredible closing speed.

Looks freakishly athletic.
I would not be disappointed with Lee at #7. Him and Jack are equals IMHO.
Originally posted by TheRambler:

Maybe in terms of overall value, but not in terms of value to a 3-4 (at least not right away). Jack has 13 pounds on Lee.
If we don't Jack, I think we'll look at Scooby and Dion Jones in the 2nd. There's better value there, IMO.
Grant Cohn is a nitwit who wants to be the Mel Kiper of beat writers. Dude legit thinks he's something special when it comes to scouting going so far as to cry when the niners pass up on his guys.

Lee at #7 would be stupid. Dude is a tweener who may never become a stud at one position in the NFL. There should be a better player available at #7 who you're not gambling so much and would still provide the upside.

That's crazy talk. Lee is much smaller and plays even smaller. Jack is bigger and plays stronger.

no to lee at 7
Originally posted by genus49:
Grant Cohn is a nitwit who wants to be the Mel Kiper of beat writers. Dude legit thinks he's something special when it comes to scouting going so far as to cry when the niners pass up on his guys.

Lee at #7 would be stupid. Dude is a tweener who may never become a stud at one position in the NFL. There should be a better player available at #7 who you're not gambling so much and would still provide the upside.

Grant said we didn't need Buckner who would be there at 7 in his mock lol...said we need pass rush help more than anything? Pretty sure Buckner was pretty good at that this past season lol.

Can't stand grant.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Why do you think Buckner had more sacks than Armstead??
This is a 205-pound wide receiver he's covering on this play (Dwayne Stanford):

[ Edited by NinerSickness on Mar 17, 2016 at 2:22 AM ]

This is ridiculous. Lee is a fantastic athlete but not nearly the same caliber football player as Jack. Lee lacks the ability to diagnose plays quickly and stack and shed blockers like Jack can. Plus those 15 pounds lighter then Jack really make a difference. If Lee played at his current weight he'd be smaller than the running backs he has to tackle.

I wouldn't touch Lee with a first round pick.
Share 49ersWebzone