LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 286 users in the forums

Myles Jack ILB UCLA

Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Yup, and I made this point before and got cussed out for it. 4-3 NFL teams will play him at OLB - and on most draft boards he's listed as an OLB. He won't play OLB in no 3-4 scheme. He's just too light; he will need to put on at least 10-15lbs to deal with NFL OT's consistently. Now, in a 3-4 he can play ILB. However, Jack is more is a Mike ILB. The problem is that we already have a Mike ILB; some guy named NaVorro Bowman I think. Our 3-4 scheme is in need of a true Ted ILB.

In a good 3-4 scheme the Ted and Mike guys must be somewhat interchangeable. This is a particular weakness with Wilhoite. While he's a strong Ted, when teams audible and force him to the make he becomes a liability, primarily due to speed, and teams exploited that constantly. This is precisely why I'm high on Reggie Ragland. He will be a perfect compliment to Bowman, and teams won't be able to easily audible our D into a disadvantage. Miles Jack, wile dynamic, fast, and instinctive, cannot be asked to do the dirt work that the Ted dose. And quite frankly Jack at the Ted will be under utilizing him. He needs to be at the Mike. But like I said, we have a Mike LB, and I definitely wanna keep him there.

Your wrong its traditionally called a Mike and Will backers. And mikes responsibilities are being the QB of the defense. While will does everything else. Patrick was our mike, he could cover, bowman can't cover anything. Why keep him doing something he's terrible at?
Love me some Myles Jack on this team we need his passion on defense badly
Who won the Butkus award this year? Smith? Jack is probably a little healthier and can start thto B season but smith is the long term answer. If the niners trade into the first and Give up their second round pick and whatever else it takes to get in around 25 or so it would be worth it. Having two first round picks that are great players
I like Myles Jack more than Jaylon. it's crazy how good Myles Jack is at mirroring wide receivers out of THE SLOT. He does it better than a lot of cornerbacks, which is insane.

I also love the ferocity and tenacity he plays with on the field. He has that "dog" in him and battles until the whistle is blown. He's always looking to finish plays with physicality. Dude is a bully on the field.

His tape against Virginia is so impressive. The guy is constantly in the mix on every play, beating up blockers and getting his licks in.

This is how you beat a guard trying to block you. One word: explosive.

[ Edited by Heroism on Feb 14, 2016 at 2:57 PM ]
We are going to draft Jack I already know it. I can feel it in my plums
[ Edited by YungAce on Feb 15, 2016 at 3:27 PM ]
Originally posted by elguapo:
Who won the Butkus award this year? Smith? Jack is probably a little healthier and can start thto B season but smith is the long term answer. If the niners trade into the first and Give up their second round pick and whatever else it takes to get in around 25 or so it would be worth it. Having two first round picks that are great players

I'm with it. We would have two top 10 players going into 2017.
Not fully cleared for the combine I guess
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Not fully cleared for the combine I guess

Good, then he wont rocket up into the top 5
Man, I am bummed it's looking like he won't be participating at the combine. I want to see his post-injury movement.
[ Edited by Heroism on Feb 16, 2016 at 8:42 PM ]
he is really good, wouldn't mind having him one bit
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Feb 17, 2016 at 10:08 AM ]

I saw some workout videos of him not too long ago that involved him running and making cuts. Probably wasn't at 100% but even if he wasn't he sure as hell is a freak of nature athletically.
Could you imagine a back 4 of:

Aaron Lynch
Myles Jack
Navarro Bowman
Jaylon Smith
No, that would be horrible. Neither Jaylon or Myles are OLBs in a 3-4.
i would love to get him with bowman would give us the type of stout physical defense in the middle

j
[ Edited by harryj on Feb 18, 2016 at 8:49 AM ]
Originally posted by YungAce:
We are going to draft Jack I already know it. I can feel it in my plums

Deep down in my plums lol
Share 49ersWebzone