There are 218 users in the forums

Ivanm05's Pre- Season 2016 Mock Draft

Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for ivanm05.
Well the 2015 season is upon us guys! Just a couple more hours now. I'm just excited as all of you to see what's in store for the next 4 (hopefully 5) months.

Can't wait to see how the 2015 rookie class turns out. And with that said I would just like to show you guys a mock before mock season begins next year.
Here are some of the players that I would like Baalke to grab for us next year.

ROUND 1 -

Laquon Treadwell - WR - OLE MISS

this is more than likely Anquan's last year nad with his departure we're going to need a WR opposite of Torrey that can become a number one receiver. As good as Torrey is, he is not a number one. And he will only be effective if we have a dominant receiver on the other side. This guy is a stud. No way Baalke could mess up by grabbing this kid.

ROUND 2

GERMAIN IFEDI - RT - TEXAS A&M

This is a no brainer. I'm not holding my breath on Anthony Davis returning. This guy is a solid Right Tackle. Not sure if he's versatile to play guard too, but Balkee needs to fix that right side of the line.

ROUND 3

JALEN MILLS - CB - LSU

Still need to wait and see how Acker and Reaser perfrom. It can be very possible that CB isn't even a need for us next season. But if we do need one, I like Mills a lot. He's a 2nd/3rd round guy that couple play himself into the 1st round.

ROUND 4

STACY COLEY - WR - Miami

Baalke loves drafting WR's in the fourth round and Stacy could be the best one of the one's hes taken the past three years.

ROUND 5

DEVONTE FIELDS - OLB -LOUISVILLE

A risk for the off the field incidents i know. But a stud. I don't expect OLB to be a huge need. I have full confidence in Harold and Aaron Lynch. this pick would actually remind of grabbing Lynch in the 5th a couple years back. 1st round talent in the 5th. Low risk, high reward.

SETH RUSSELL - QB - BAYLOR

It's time we get a competent QB that can give at least Blaine Gabbert a run for his money. need to create more competition in that position, regardless of Kap's performance this year.

ROUND 6

KEITH MARSHALL - RB - GEORGIA

Baalke always takes a RB and he likes SEC backs.

REGGIE NORTHRUP - ILB - FSU

ROUND 7
I have no idea who could possibly be here or even half decent haha
[ Edited by ivanm05 on Sep 14, 2015 at 4:02 PM ]
Very nice mock there
Originally posted by tohara3:
Very nice mock there

Agree
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Coley and Marshall will be real nfl players. They made the rest of the guys on the field look like high school athletes
if we take two WRs in the first four rounds, at least one will have to go. Boldin and...? Torrey and Patton shall stay, Smelter will come back and the additional two would make it five. so, ellington or White has to go.
dont think that we will double-dip like that.
and, besides Boldins retirement, we are fine at WR. Hence, one early-round pick is enough.

contrary to that, we need guard-help fast if Boone walks. Thomas, Martin and Devey is way too risky. would not be surprised if baalke adresses the o-line with two early picks again.
Originally posted by fan49:
Coley and Marshall will be real nfl players. They made the rest of the guys on the field look like high school athletes

I know right. Legit speed merchants.
Originally posted by communist:
if we take two WRs in the first four rounds, at least one will have to go. Boldin and...? Torrey and Patton shall stay, Smelter will come back and the additional two would make it five. so, ellington or White has to go.
dont think that we will double-dip like that.
and, besides Boldins retirement, we are fine at WR. Hence, one early-round pick is enough.

contrary to that, we need guard-help fast if Boone walks. Thomas, Martin and Devey is way too risky. would not be surprised if baalke adresses the o-line with two early picks again.

I really think this is anquan's last year. He's a free agent after this season. I think Patton won't make the cut next season. That leaves us with Torrey, Ellington, White and Smelter. Dres Anderson will be in the mix too. So yeah, maybe just one WR would do. Treadwell in the 1st was my initial crush, but now seeing how much help we need in other areas I'm certain Baalke will go CB, OL, or OLB in the first. Possibly even QB if Kap continues regressing.
no Goff...no good
Originally posted by ivanm05:
I really think this is anquan's last year. He's a free agent after this season. I think Patton won't make the cut next season. That leaves us with Torrey, Ellington, White and Smelter. Dres Anderson will be in the mix too. So yeah, maybe just one WR would do. Treadwell in the 1st was my initial crush, but now seeing how much help we need in other areas I'm certain Baalke will go CB, OL, or OLB in the first. Possibly even QB if Kap continues regressing.
Interesting seeing the 'zone stating that Baalke will go after a CB early every year, yet it simply does not happen (Ward is a future SS).
As long as Acker improves, Reaser and Dontae dont disappear and Brock keeps a trustworthy, then I dont think that CB will have a high priority.

However, need-based BPA seems to be Baalke's strategy, thus anything goes in round 1.
Personally, I would like to see us go for an o-liner, QB and an ILB in the first three rounds. A change-of-packe back could be needed if Hunter and Bush don't return.
Seth Russell is gonna stay in college for his Senior season.

My Mock draft with Goff

1st Round - Goff QB
Cal

2nd Round - Ifedi OT
Texas A&M

3rd Round - Ricky Seals-Jones WR
Texas A&M

4th Round - Blake Martinez LB
Stanford

5th Round - Vi Teofilo OG/OT
Arizona State

6th Round - DeAndre Houston-Carson DB
William & Mary

7th Round Carl Nassib DE
Penn State

Originally posted by Judge82Dredd:
Seth Russell is gonna stay in college for his Senior season.

My Mock draft with Goff

1st Round - Goff QB
Cal

2nd Round - Ifedi OT
Texas A&M

3rd Round - Ricky Seals-Jones WR
Texas A&M

4th Round - Blake Martinez LB
Stanford

5th Round - Vi Teofilo OG/OT
Arizona State

6th Round - DeAndre Houston-Carson DB
William & Mary

7th Round Carl Nassib DE
Penn State

I really like Ricky Seals Jones alot. Reminds me of AJ Green. The only thing that worries me about him is the arrest and the injury of course. Like your mock though.
Share 49ersWebzone