LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 320 users in the forums

Jaylon Smith-OLB/ILB-Notre Dame

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000635897/article/brooks-lb-jaylon-smith-reminds-of-young-patrick-willis
I'd trade back into the 1st to get him if he falls
Let's wait til his knee gets looked at by other doctors before assuming he will drop or go in the first. But if he drops to the second it could be a feeding frenzy for teams trying to trade up to get him.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
David J. Chao, MD ‏@ProFootballDoc
David J. Chao, MD Retweeted Jaylon Smith

#JaylonSmith Good news: no more knee brace & walking. Bad news: wearing an AFO, indicates nerve issue. Too bad.

https://twitter.com/thejaylonsmith/status/702584594550398976
Originally posted by Jcool:
David J. Chao, MD ‏@ProFootballDoc
David J. Chao, MD Retweeted Jaylon Smith

#JaylonSmith Good news: no more knee brace & walking. Bad news: wearing an AFO, indicates nerve issue. Too bad.

https://twitter.com/thejaylonsmith/status/702584594550398976

People who still think he's a 1st-round prospect are crazy IMO. More like 5th.
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
People who still think he's a 1st-round prospect are crazy IMO. More like 5th.

Lol What? If we get him in the second round I would be shocked
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Lol What? If we get him in the second round I would be shocked

The 2nd round is severely reaching for a guy with an injury as severe as Jaylon Smith's.
Damn I don't think this guy will play next year or if he does its late in the year, still if he's miraculously on the board in the 2nd I'll turn the card in quick. This is one guy I wouldnt have a problem Baalke doing his typical redshirt all acl team
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Damn I don't think this guy will play next year or if he does its late in the year, still if he's miraculously on the board in the 2nd I'll turn the card in quick. This is one guy I wouldnt have a problem Baalke doing his typical redshirt all acl team

People said that about Marcus Lattimore and Jesse Williams too. At this point, we know that Smith pretty badly mangled his knee. No idea as to what condition he will be able to return in.

If we get to the draft and its the 3rd round and Smith is still on the board, that means his knee is worse than a 50/50 proposition in terms of getting back to his prior level.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 26, 2016 at 6:07 AM ]
Guy is 220 lbs he's more of a 4-3 lb than a 3-4 IMO Jack is 245

• lazy
  • Veteran
Marla Ridenour‏@MRidenourABJ

#NotreDame LB Jaylon Smith said knee has no nerve damage. Torn ACL, LCL
Difficult day for #NotreDame LB Jaylon Smith, who had his medicals. Ankle & knee nerve issues, teams believe he's out for 2016 -- at least

Per Ian Rapoport
Poor kid.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Draft him!!!!

BUT!!!!

Is his knee injury better or worse than Lattimore's??
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Draft him!!!!

BUT!!!!

Is his knee injury better or worse than Lattimore's??

Structurally, he's better off than Latt. If he really does have nerve damage, that can be an issue, depending where it is. Nerves take years to grow back if they are severed. I had some nerves cut after my ACL/MCL/PCL (and some stuff), and I was fortunate that they were only superficial sensory neurons. I couldn't feel a patch of skin on my shin for about 3-5 years. Hopefully, any nerve injury he may have isn't affecting the function of a motor neuron.
Share 49ersWebzone