There are 186 users in the forums

Jaylon Smith-OLB/ILB-Notre Dame

Originally posted by jimrat:
Guy looks really good but man he needs to pack on the Lbs, he looks like a safety

If Kwon Alexander (230 lbs) can light it up as a rookie I'm sure Smith (235) can do the same.

Lee Woodall was only 225 lbs.
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Where do you all see him being drafted?

too early to tell

Agreed.

Wait for after the combine / pro days.

Don't think you need to see the combine/pro days with Smith to know he'll be an early pick. Regardless of his 40 time at the combine, the guy is an elite athlete and will be drafted in the top half of the first round as long as he doesn't get hurt. He's put on some weight and moves extremely well in space, so there are no weaknesses/issues that would come up at the combine (short arms aren't a big deal for an ILB, but I don't think he has short arms anyways). If he runs 4.4 and has long arms, maybe he'll go top 5, because he may have untapped potential as a pass rusher.

He's so versatile that even he if doesn't have incredible length, he'll be drafted early (just won't be a 3-4 OLB if he doesn't have great length). And he fits every scheme, so it doesn't make a huge difference how the draft order shakes out.

Tunsil, Stanley, Nkemdiche, and Smith are probably the safest bets to go early because it looks like Tunsil and Stanley have plenty of length and athleticism for LT, but even if they don't, they can shift inside to guard where length is not as big of an issue or out to RT. Nkemdiche has the size and athleticism to be a 3-4 DE, 4-3 DT, or 4-3 DE and could be great at any of those positions even if he doesn't have great length. Bosa is more of a 4-3 DE who will be drafted for his pass rush ability, so he could drop if he doesn't have great length or doesn't display great athleticism at the combine.
Trying to see him, but Day is the one making all the plays.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Not another Smith....
Atfter today's s**t show we need this kid!
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Atfter today's s**t show we need this kid!

Agreed. Today was a stark reminder of how much we miss speedy playmakers at the MLB position. It's not been great overall this year but today was rough
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Originally posted by jimrat:
Guy looks really good but man he needs to pack on the Lbs, he looks like a safety

If Kwon Alexander (230 lbs) can light it up as a rookie I'm sure Smith (235) can do the same.

Lee Woodall was only 225 lbs.
And Alexander will be suspended for 4 games due to PED use
I'm a big Scooby Wright fan I was wondering were some of our experts think he will get drafted if he declares this year?
Not sure if this has been posted. But did anyone know that his brother is Rod Smith?
And yes, the same Rod Smith that played on the Broncos that won 2 super bowls.
At least according to Google they're brothers
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Not sure if this has been posted. But did anyone know that his brother is Rod Smith?

Wrong Rod Smith. That Rod Smith is old enough to be his father.

His brother played at Ohio State and went undrafted after getting kicked out of school.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Wrong Rod Smith. That Rod Smith is old enough to be his father.

His brother played at Ohio State and went undrafted after getting kicked out of school.

Lol google fail
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=jaylon+smith+brother

I've seen that happen a couple of times
[ Edited by Quest4six on Nov 23, 2015 at 5:36 PM ]
Lol google fail
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=jaylon+smith+brother

I've seen that happen a couple of times

Damnit Google!

the f**k..........

https://mobile.twitter.com/gregbrandt89/status/670767152845234176
Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout
There is a lot of time for this to change, but Jared Goff and Jaylon Smith are the two best players in this draft class.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
the f**k..........

https://mobile.twitter.com/gregbrandt89/status/670767152845234176

That was sweet. He's had a couple big plays in the backfield and looked good in coverage on Stanford's good TE.
Share 49ersWebzone