Has Seattle written all over him
Steroids?
Originally posted by strickac:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Steroids?

Power running... He would be a nice compliment to Hyde. Those two would be nasty. Imagine Henry fresh in the 4th quarter.
Alabama RB Derrick Henry: 6'2 1/2", 247 lbs, but only 8 3/4" hands
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Steroids?

Power running... He would be a nice compliment to Hyde. Those two would be nasty. Imagine Henry fresh in the 4th quarter.

He is for sure a finisher. Starting off with Hyde and ending with henry would be an awesome idea.

This guy 6'3 245 lbs and can run freaking fast. He is a freak of nature. I think his stock is dipping because of Lacy. Lacy is a very similar back who flashed superstar potential but cant stay consistent, cant last a whole game, gets injured a lot, and loves to eat too much. Henry is a big risk but may be worth, BOOM or BUST
His o-line at Alabama was unreal. They deserve a lot of credit for his success. He was usually 5 yards down field before a defender laid a finger on him.
Terry McCormick ‏@terrymc13 15m15 minutes ago

Derrick Henry said he will not run at the Combine.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
He is for sure a finisher. Starting off with Hyde and ending with henry would be an awesome idea.

This guy 6'3 245 lbs and can run freaking fast. He is a freak of nature. I think his stock is dipping because of Lacy. Lacy is a very similar back who flashed superstar potential but cant stay consistent, cant last a whole game, gets injured a lot, and loves to eat too much. Henry is a big risk but may be worth, BOOM or BUST

Almost 400 carries this past season I'm not a fan of Alabama RBs, Saban runs them into the ground. I'll pass on Brandon Jac...I mean Derrick Henry in the 2nd. The real sweet spot IMO for RBs in this draft is the late 3rd-4th round. I'll take CJ or Perkins in the 4th
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Terry McCormick ‏@terrymc13 15m15 minutes ago

Derrick Henry said he will not run at the Combine.

Wow - thought he'd run for sure. He was fast in high school - maybe he's lost a step since then and would rather stand on those times and his production on the field. Thought this guy wanted to prove he's a first round pick at the combine...
I'm going to make a wild prediction right now - the 49ers will draft Derrick Henry

Would be dope af if they did
Originally posted by Pick4Six:
I'm going to make a wild prediction right now - the 49ers will draft Derrick Henry

Originally posted by DONBIS:
Would be dope af if they did

In the third round maybe. I don't see him as great fit for ZBS. He's a power running RB, he's not great at making cuts just running forward.
Just watched sports science, they said Henry had the fastest 5 yard acceleration of any player in the lat 3 drafts. And at full sprint he has the force of a wrecking ball going 5mph
Share 49ersWebzone