LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 237 users in the forums

Scooby Wright III MLB-Arizona

If we can pair him up with shaggy im all for it. I wouldn't give up more then 3 Scooby snacks for him though.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KajunNiner:
If we can pair him up with shaggy im all for it. I wouldn't give up more then 3 Scooby snacks for him though.

LOL
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
he shoulda stayed in school and make his position legit..
TFY Draft Insider's Tony Pauline passed along word that Arizona ILB Scooby Wright "wasn't overly impressive" during Thursday's Pro Day.

"The consensus was Wright ran the 40 in the mid-4.8s (4.84/4.85) though some teams did clock him at 4.79. I'm told his position work was solid, but nothing outstanding," Pauline noted. Perhaps predictably, size concerns haven't faded for the 6-foot, 239-pounder. "Teams are concerned about his body type, as Wright has a stocky upper frame but thin lower body," Pauline wrote, later adding that he questions how high Wright will be drafted given his coverage limitations.
Dudes gonna drop in the draft and be a complete steal for some team.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Ala Chris Borland type a player love him in the 3rd.

If he's chilling there in the 4th-5th and we haven't drafted a ILB I have no problem with it. Dion Jones is starting to grow on me, needs to eat a couple steaks though.
Every year players with great tape drop because of measurables and players with crap tape but great combine/pro days sky rocket. Boggles my mind. Only thing that concerns me about Scooby is his coverage ability.
49ers should at the very least be able to find a Borland replacement this year. Blake Martinez, Kentrell Brothers, Antonio Morrison, Wright, Jared Norris are all examples of tackling machine types who may not be overly athletic or great in coverage, but can help in the run game. Some or even all of those guys will be available day 3.

If they draft Jack, Lee, or Ragland in round 1 they're obviously hoping for that 3 down stud a la Willis.
Originally posted by 49ersGiants7:
49ers should at the very least be able to find a Borland replacement this year. Blake Martinez, Kentrell Brothers, Antonio Morrison, Wright, Jared Norris are all examples of tackling machine types who may not be overly athletic or great in coverage, but can help in the run game. Some or even all of those guys will be available day 3.

If they draft Jack, Lee, or Ragland in round 1 they're obviously hoping for that 3 down stud a la Willis.

Thing is I don't want a Borland replacement...we need coverage skills at LB and Bow just doesn't provide that at this point. Ragland isn't a coverage guy at all.

I like jones out of LSU, Martinez isn't a 3 down guy?

Every year players with great tape drop because of measurables and players with crap tape but great combine/pro days sky rocket. Boggles my mind. Only thing that concerns me about Scooby is his coverage ability.

That's a pretty big concern when what you need most is an ILB that can comfortably and capably drop back in coverage.
Coverage ability and misses a ton of tackles. Very short arms. Some guys can get away with it, but I think Scooby is probably a fifth rounder at best.
Share 49ersWebzone