LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 262 users in the forums

The #SuckForGoff Watch

• evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Why are you still here?

I was going to ask the same. Why are you still here?

He was asking because :

This is the lamest football team in the history of football!!! Fxxk it, OK this is how you want to play? Let's trade the entire farm away to move up to No. 1 overall to get Goff!!

If you can' even do that, I am 100% done with the 9ers!!!

Your words not ours.

But I expect you to stick around or at least pop in as opposed to being a man of your word. Why, because you just want to be able to hopefully get the chance to say "see I was right" if the Rams beat us and or Goff turns out to be a franchise guy.

IMO, statements like the above bolded are proof of who is not a truly faithful fan.
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Originally posted by Jcool:
He is screwed as long as Jeff Fisher is coaching that team.

Jeff Fisher's never had a QB near as good as Goff.

Steve McNair was pretty darn good. He already was a success in the NFL, too, so we don't have to depend on a projection of his success.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Why are you still here?

I was going to ask the same. Why are you still here?

He was asking because :

This is the lamest football team in the history of football!!! Fxxk it, OK this is how you want to play? Let's trade the entire farm away to move up to No. 1 overall to get Goff!!

If you can' even do that, I am 100% done with the 9ers!!!

Your words not ours.

But I expect you to stick around or at least pop in as opposed to being a man of your word. Why, because you just want to be able to hopefully get the chance to say "see I was right" if the Rams beat us and or Goff turns out to be a franchise guy.

IMO, statements like the above bolded are proof of who is not a truly faithful fan.

Steve McNair was pretty darn good. He already was a success in the NFL, too, so we don't have to depend on a projection of his success.

I think Fisher's time in the NFL has passed, he hasn't adapted as the game changes.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

I think Fisher's time in the NFL has passed, he hasn't adapted as the game changes.

I don't disagree, but implying that a talented kid who's never played a down in the nfl is better than McNair is jumping the gun a bit.
I was really hoping the 49ers would not draft Goff. I saw him play, and he was not impressive. I did not understand what the fuss was about him, he didn't stand out, he looked like a run of the mill decent college QB.

Early indications support my impressions, as Goff is losing out to an undrafted rookie. LOL! And the Rams gave up a lot to get him. F the Rams!
Originally posted by Trath44:
I was really hoping the 49ers would not draft Goff. I saw him play, and he was not impressive. I did not understand what the fuss was about him, he didn't stand out, he looked like a run of the mill decent college QB.

Early indications support my impressions, as Goff is losing out to an undrafted rookie. LOL! And the Rams gave up a lot to get him. F the Rams!

IMO he was never worth a first. I hope he's terrible for the rams.
Originally posted by Trath44:

I don't think the Rams drafted him thinking he was starter ready. They saw someone with decent arm, good anticipation and can read defenses. He has the potential to be good for the Rams down the road. And I was also very anti Goff. But I'm not gonna say he sucks cause of preseason just like how I'm not crowning Dak the future. He hasn't thrown one pass from under center from what I've heard.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
I don't think the Rams drafted him thinking he was starter ready. They saw someone with decent arm, good anticipation and can read defenses. He has the potential to be good for the Rams down the road. And I was also very anti Goff. But I'm not gonna say he sucks cause of preseason just like how I'm not crowning Dak the future. He hasn't thrown one pass from under center from what I've heard.

I agree with you, mostly. The issue with Goff won't be (or at least shouldn't be) "is he going to be good?". He needs to be great -- not just serviceable. I can't imagine anybody is sitting here thinking he can be an elite QB.

Look at this thread. People went nuts for this kid. People even said he was the best prospect in several years. That was never true. He was just the best of a very poor group. Hopefully it's a lesson learned for those people. You need to look at these things in context.

I think Goff can be a less mobile Alex Smith. That's good. But that's not worth all the hype this dude got in the previous pages on this thread.
[ Edited by okdkid on Sep 2, 2016 at 10:39 AM ]
Originally posted by okdkid:

I agree with you, mostly. The issue with Goff won't be (or at least shouldn't be) "is he going to be good?". He needs to be great -- not just serviceable. I can't imagine anybody is sitting here thinking he can be an elite QB.

Look at this thread. People went nuts for this kid. People even said he was the best prospect in several years. That was never true. He was just the best of a very poor group. Hopefully it's a lesson learned for those people. You need to look at these things in context.

I think Goff can be a less mobile Alex Smith. That's good. But that's not worth all the hype this dude got in the previous pages on this thread.

Best comparison I have heard is Matt Ryan. I think he will be largely overrated but will have an occasional game that's makes you say wow. And the people who wanted Goff and thought he was the best prospect in years were completely delusional probably from wanting to move on from Gabbert and Kap. Goff was a above average QB with tools and if it's Fisher developing him I would not be surprised if he ends up being a complete bust.

• Jiks
IMO Goff was a product of Cals system. You saw what happened against Utah last year when they took him out of his system, he threw 5 picks. I'm not saying he is a bad QB, but he needs a proper offensive system to run like GB, KC, or maybe even under Chip to be a legit QB.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jiks:
IMO Goff was a product of Cals system. You saw what happened against Utah last year when they took him out of his system, he threw 5 picks. I'm not saying he is a bad QB, but he needs a proper offensive system to run like GB, KC, or maybe even under Chip to be a legit QB.

People always try to make excuses for his crap play in big games. He never won a single game against a ranked opponent. That is crazy! Several of his offensive teammates went into an NFL camp. I think Goff will be okay, but nobody will ever be scared to play against him. This guy was all hype.
And that is why you don't trade up for a QB in a weak QB class.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
And that is why you don't trade up for a QB in a weak QB class.

Yup. Not ever.
Originally posted by Jiks:

Doesnt that apply to pretty much every QB? Like Alex Smith in Jimmy Raye's offense versus Harbaughs as an example.

Goff has a lot of upside but as I said many many times in this thread, he was never a guy ready to play right out of the box. He was always a player that needed time to develop and get comfortable with the NFL game. Ultimately when you take a QB, youre taking a guy for the long haul. If you draft a QB that early, you believe that he can be an 10 year starter for you so if he takes a year to get ready, in the big picture that isnt an issue.

My observations from watching some of his performance in the preseason are that everything was moving too fast for him and he was absolutely getting clobbered whenever playing behind their 2nd string OL which looked to be a collection of Pears and Devey wannabes. He looked unsure of himself and seemed to be rushing through his progressions and forcing passes just to get the ball out.

With that in mind I think he just needs the time to get comfortable and better blocking to give him more time in the pocket but I do expect he will be starting for the Rams next season.

I know its the in thing for all the cool kids to hate on this guy right now after a poor preseason and some have been hating on him just to be contrarian or because they saw him as a threat to replace one of the mediocre quarterbacks on the 49ers roster currently but I still feel good about him being a successful QB in the NFL.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Sep 2, 2016 at 1:03 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone