There are 247 users in the forums

Need people's honest opinions on PigskinProspects.com

Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Real quick with Carl Lawson declaring where do you see him going. I'm guessing 2nd due to injury history. Loved watching him play against Tunsil and thought he had better success in the game vs Tunsil than he did rushing on the strong side.

Yeah I have him in the early 2nd round territory right now.

I'm working on an updated big board, not sure how to place Jaylon Smith now, normally I don't put a major knock on a player due to an injury, but no way he goes anywhere near round 1.
Just glancing at your big board, Kendall Fuller jumps out at me. He's rehabbing his knee and it's hard to see him at #10 after missing most of the season.

I'm seeing the WR rankings differently. I'm not high Thomas or Fuller, but Fuller is the better of the two because he's more of a vertical threat. They look like 2nd rounders to me. Doctson is going early. He's up there with Treadwell from what I've seen.

Overall, the site has come a long way. Great job! It looks legit. Some suggestions:

- On the positional rankings, group them by more closely-related positions. For instance, I see QBs on the left and DTs on the right (offense / defense all the way dow). It would flow better perhaps with something like QB/RB, FB/OC, OT/OG, WR/TE, DE/DT, MLB/OLB, CB/S. It just flows with the eyes a little better and let's you stay focused on offense or defense.

- Also, most of your traffic is going to be people that have a high football IQ. Breaking down the prospect rankings into 3-4 versus 4-3 DEs and OLBs could add some value.

I didn't have much time to browse the site, but I like where you're heading and I'll continue to check it out.
Also, how do have a site without including salary cap info? I know it's a draft site, but people link FA and the draft together in terms of the offseason. That's where you really shine, man. Most people don't understand it and you explain it well. It would be cool to see how much money teams have on hand leading up to the draft. Sportstrac (?) has something similar. That leads into FA signings... It may be off track from your intend with the site, but something to consider.
This site just gets better and better! I was trying to remember your first site...how the links looked/worked, etc and the current is so much more clean and user friendly! How easy is it to add things like an appendix? I don't do websites since retiring but still make data sites internally for book lists and other collections I track. Having an appendix in alphabetical order viewers could use to go directly to a player or team would be helpful. You may have one that I missed?

As we all start looking toward the draft I expect you will get more activity...how are you set up for activity? I know some sites have issues if too many viewers are on at the same time.

It's fun to see your site continue to evolve and improve. Thanks for all the work you do and adding so much to the zone!
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Jan 2, 2016 at 9:13 AM ]
Double!
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Jan 2, 2016 at 9:09 AM ]
I find myself doing an inordinate amount of scrolling. I'd say reduce the font size and possibly make the list with clickable links for players on the main page (instead of linked) to make it easier to get to prospects rather than going through page after page attempting to find the prospect you are looking for at first (which is what I did). What would also help is a search function for prospects that would auto fill the prospects name. In essence, it would be a scouting site based off of Fantasy Pros http://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/rankings/qb.php. I believe it would do wonders in creating an accessible and convenient user experience for you to gain traffic.
[ Edited by ESWYoung08 on Jan 2, 2016 at 9:43 AM ]
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

I'm working on an updated big board, not sure how to place Jaylon Smith now, normally I don't put a major knock on a player due to an injury, but no way he goes anywhere near round 1.

I can see Jaylon Smith going in the end of the first. Someone like the Green Bay packers who need to let Clay Matthews get back to just playing on the edge. Jake Ryan is decent but a chance to add Jaylon would I'm my opinion be to much for Ted to pass up.
Originally posted by strickac:
Just glancing at your big board, Kendall Fuller jumps out at me. He's rehabbing his knee and it's hard to see him at #10 after missing most of the season.

I'm seeing the WR rankings differently. I'm not high Thomas or Fuller, but Fuller is the better of the two because he's more of a vertical threat. They look like 2nd rounders to me. Doctson is going early. He's up there with Treadwell from what I've seen.

Overall, the site has come a long way. Great job! It looks legit. Some suggestions:

- On the positional rankings, group them by more closely-related positions. For instance, I see QBs on the left and DTs on the right (offense / defense all the way dow). It would flow better perhaps with something like QB/RB, FB/OC, OT/OG, WR/TE, DE/DT, MLB/OLB, CB/S. It just flows with the eyes a little better and let's you stay focused on offense or defense.

- Also, most of your traffic is going to be people that have a high football IQ. Breaking down the prospect rankings into 3-4 versus 4-3 DEs and OLBs could add some value.

I didn't have much time to browse the site, but I like where you're heading and I'll continue to check it out.

Yeah I'm working on new rankings, I will probably wait till after underclassmen are announced.

I could do 3-4, and 4-3 scheme player rankings, I did one year, not sure why I changed it.

I can do the proper grouping.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
This site just gets better and better! I was trying to remember your first site...how the links looked/worked, etc and the current is so much more clean and user friendly! How easy is it to add things like an appendix? I don't do websites since retiring but still make data sites internally for book lists and other collections I track. Having an appendix in alphabetical order viewers could use to go directly to a player or team would be helpful. You may have one that I missed?

As we all start looking toward the draft I expect you will get more activity...how are you set up for activity? I know some sites have issues if too many viewers are on at the same time.

It's fun to see your site continue to evolve and improve. Thanks for all the work you do and adding so much to the zone!

I had draftwatchers.com, which isn't under my control, some one from Japan bought it, not draft related now lol.

Appreciate the compliments. I'm trying my hardest.
Originally posted by ESWYoung08:
I find myself doing an inordinate amount of scrolling. I'd say reduce the font size and possibly make the list with clickable links for players on the main page (instead of linked) to make it easier to get to prospects rather than going through page after page attempting to find the prospect you are looking for at first (which is what I did). What would also help is a search function for prospects that would auto fill the prospects name. In essence, it would be a scouting site based off of Fantasy Pros http://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/rankings/qb.php. I believe it would do wonders in creating an accessible and convenient user experience for you to gain traffic.

I need to get with my buddy who understands how to set up stuff like this, I'm not that great when it comes to intergrading stuff.

By the way, if you check out my 2016 prospects page, which is here http://pigskinprospects.com/2016-prospects/ it has all prospects linked to their pages. I should make it better to find though, I have a hard time on how to arrange things on the menu.

Originally posted by Hysterikal:

I can see Jaylon Smith going in the end of the first. Someone like the Green Bay packers who need to let Clay Matthews get back to just playing on the edge. Jake Ryan is decent but a chance to add Jaylon would I'm my opinion be to much for Ted to pass up.

Agreed, I can see him sneaking in, I thought more about it, and end of round 1 is where they cut it to first 3 years guaranteed, plus they get a 5th yr option, so a team would control him for 5 years not 4 like 2nd-7th rd picks.
Originally posted by strickac:
Also, how do have a site without including salary cap info? I know it's a draft site, but people link FA and the draft together in terms of the offseason. That's where you really shine, man. Most people don't understand it and you explain it well. It would be cool to see how much money teams have on hand leading up to the draft. Sportstrac (?) has something similar. That leads into FA signings... It may be off track from your intend with the site, but something to consider.

I am going to do some Free Agent stuff, like rankings, and linking to deals, mainly to OverTheCap.com since I know the owner of the site.
Question for everyone, when it comes to my rankings do you guys prefer what I think of them, like how I would rank them, or where I think they would go?
Question for everyone, when it comes to my rankings do you guys prefer what I think of them, like how I would rank them, or where I think they would go?

Yeah how you rank and think they will go and on the side show where like CBS has them ranked.

Both! Very different lists I would think. I use CBS quite a bit and they have their list of prospects as in best to least, but also have mocks. So I guess my answer would be to rank them as to what you think of them and then use a mock or compilation of other gurus for a mock type list.

Sorry if that's not clear but it's early on a Sunday and I'm cutting back on coffee!
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Jan 3, 2016 at 11:17 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone