There are 184 users in the forums

Need people's honest opinions on PigskinProspects.com

My Week 1 wrap up, pre-OSU/VA Tech game, http://pigskinprospects.com/2015-college-football-week-1-wrap-up-thoughts-and-analysis/
Reminder, get your votes in before Kickoff tomorrow, http://pigskinprospects.com/ , for best 1st rd Offensive and Defensive player to have most success year 1.

Also any ideas are welcomed. Let me know. Looking into changing the slider feature with main articles, maybe something different. I have to get with my friend who made the website.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
poll looks good ab... i did get this http://pigskinprospects.com/pollsarchive 404 page not found when i clicked polls archive. maybe it's because this is the first poll and once the next one goes up it will work. i like the idea of archiving them so people can look at the results of old polls.

Fixed the issue, needed to create the page, http://pigskinprospects.com/pollsarchive/
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
Most of my criticisms are with the look of the site, AB. For example, right now you have a banner directly over Joey Bosa's face on the home page.

Your content is solid but the graphics and general aesthetics of the site could be vastly improved.

I think you also need a feature that differentiates you from the countless other draft sites out there. I like your watch list a lot. Maybe expanding on that feature with specific players or matchups to watch?

Slider fixed, http://pigskinprospects.com/ now it slides on it's own, has between 5-10 at a time(Articles, just click on Photo, and it will bring up the article), also has arrows to go forward or back.

Things on the to-do list.

Sortable tables for prospects for 2016 draft, and future drafts, along with auto linking, so we can have links to the players profile, which has there scouting report/info.

If there's anything anyone would like to see incorporated into the site let me know and I will get with my friend and see what can be done.
Made an addition to the sidebar, 1. I added 3 new polls, so please vote, and let me know on each poll.

And 2. and main one, added links to to the players profiles for Big Board, and Positional Rankings.
Glad your keeping up with the site AB, ill go over and check it out.

Sadly I'm getting my mind on the hopes of a good draft position for next year so we can get elite impact players and be play off relevant again, this team is just subpar in so many ways!
So my honest opinion, and I realize that its early in the season, especially for making scouting reports, but I think you need to go more in depth for these prospects in regards to update game stats for this year and last, but especially for the current. That way people will avoid the big sites and use your site for a more comprehensive place for information on the upcoming class. I'm not sure if its ok to, but you should also link over to any draft breakdown vids for the guys, again so they only need to reference pigskins and not google several sites.

The layout is simple and very good!!! I like that a lot!

The twitter feed on the side is a cool thing, again makes it a one stop shop, lets people use the site as home base and then leap frogging from there.

Keep up the hard work man! Its coming along very nice and you have the support of the web zone for sure!
Originally posted by irishluder:
So my honest opinion, and I realize that its early in the season, especially for making scouting reports, but I think you need to go more in depth for these prospects in regards to update game stats for this year and last, but especially for the current. That way people will avoid the big sites and use your site for a more comprehensive place for information on the upcoming class. I'm not sure if its ok to, but you should also link over to any draft breakdown vids for the guys, again so they only need to reference pigskins and not google several sites.

The layout is simple and very good!!! I like that a lot!

The twitter feed on the side is a cool thing, again makes it a one stop shop, lets people use the site as home base and then leap frogging from there.

Keep up the hard work man! Its coming along very nice and you have the support of the web zone for sure!

Thanks buddy, appreciate the kind words, I can definitely add stats to the players profile pages, since now I have the prospects page linking the players to their profiles, so if you click on Smith, Jaylon, it will take you to http://www.pigskinprospects.com/players/jaylon-smith/

And I will keep up the work, have a lot of stuff planned, going to take some time, but it's progressing.
AB...late to the party! Haven't thought about the draft yet.

Tremendous improvement from the early site! Some thoughts:

• On your request for feedback regarding the site, you might remove the "at" from the end. "What can PigskinProspects.com Improve at?" Or perhaps reword--How can PigskinPropects.com Improve?
  • Some of the fonts are a bit light and difficult to read but most are fine. The mock draft from last year as an example.
  • When clicking on "Prospects" I would normally like to see a list of the prospects linked to more detail. It might keep people who are interested in a specific prospect from sticking with your site if they have to scroll down or search. Also. alphabetical order rather than date? You can still have the date on the prospect write up if that's a concern.
  • Possible solution could be to have a-z links to sort the prospects.
  • You might check with your site developer to see if he can make the links the whole box rather than just the type. Makes movement a bit easier/faster (many are already).

Over all there are some things I really like about your site...most things! I agree with much of the feedback from all, and particularly from Thl on adding specifics. Another specific you could add would be postions played in HS and College other than the current position. You may already have that in some cases. Great job!
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Sep 24, 2015 at 7:52 AM ]
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
AB...late to the party! Haven't thought about the draft yet.

Tremendous improvement from the early site! Some thoughts:

• On your request for feedback regarding the site, you might remove the "at" from the end. "What can PigskinProspects.com Improve at?" Or perhaps reword--How can PigskinPropects.com Improve?
  • Some of the fonts are a bit light and difficult to read but most are fine. The mock draft from last year as an example.
  • When clicking on "Prospects" I would normally like to see a list of the prospects linked to more detail. It might keep people who are interested in a specific prospect from sticking with your site if they have to scroll down or search. Also. alphabetical order rather than date? You can still have the date on the prospect write up if that's a concern.
  • Possible solution could be to have a-z links to sort the prospects.
  • You might check with your site developer to see if he can make the links the whole box rather than just the type. Makes movement a bit easier/faster (many are already).

Over all there are some things I really like about your site...most things! I agree with much of the feedback from all, and particularly from Thl on adding specifics. Another specific you could add would be postions played in HS and College other than the current position. You may already have that in some cases. Great job!

Changed the 1st thing.

For prospects, It's weird the way it's done, it goes by ABC, but in descending order, and by position, but I think because I have it that way in the file I upload every time I have an update to make.

For prospects in general, check out the http://www.pigskinprospects.com/2016-prospects/ page, I have links to their player profiles now, I manually linked each name to the right page, if you encounter some errors, let me know. (Also let me know if it's better done by A-Z + Pos, or just A-Z without sorted by Position)

I also plan on making tables that are sortable, my buddy who is my web developer is going to do sortable tables for 2016 prospects, so you can sort anyway you like.

The font, I have to check my coding inside Wordpress, as that's what I use, so much easier then doing a website made out of HTML and PHP only. Not sure if I can change the fonts color, or how bright or light it is. Need to google it to be honest.

And thanks buddy, it's coming along well, right now I'm at over 9.28GBs transferred for September, we went over 7GB last month.

But the key is pageviews, we have over 4K pageviews in September alone.

Just a look at what my Google Analytics page shows (These are as of a few minutes ago)

September Numbers:
1,281 Sessions
997 Users
4,381 Pageviews
3.42 Pages per Session
2:18 Average Session Duration
76.35% Bounce Rate
72.91% New Sessions

August Numbers:
1,465 Sessions
1,106 Users
3,328 Pageviews
2.27 Pages per session
1:45 Average session duration
73.86% Bounce Rate
71.95% New Sessions

July Numbers:
1,728 Sessions
1,504 Users
2,328 Pageviews
1.35 Pages per session
1:01 Average session duration
83.65% Bounce Rate
85.12% New Sessions

June Numbers:
1,680 Sessions
1,483 Users
1,986 Pageviews
1.18 Pages per session
:26 average session duration
90.48% Bounce Rate
86.79% New sessions

May Numbers:
1,797 Sessions
1,579 Users
2,652 Pageviews
1.48 Pages per session
1:20 Average session duration
80.36% Bounce Rate
84.70% New Sessions

April Numbers:
489 Sessions
411 Users
786 Pageviews
1.61 Pages per session
1:43 Average session duration
76.69% Bounce Rate
79.35% New session
I want to thank everyone who has supported the website from the beginning, last 3 months have been great, we went over 20GBs transferred each month, and for the 3 months, we broke 23K page views.

New content will be added every day, I plan on some big things this coming offseason, hoping to get sortable tables up and running, hot linking, I've already manually linked players name to their profiles.

But again thank you to everyone.
I love the site man. Great job with a capital G. I miss Harbaugh. Anyway how about projected rounds they will be drafted would be nice and maybe your opinion on where you think they should be drafted. Just my thoughts.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
I love the site man. Great job with a capital G. I miss Harbaugh. Anyway how about projected rounds they will be drafted would be nice and maybe your opinion on where you think they should be drafted. Just my thoughts.

I forgot to mention that, I'm going to put together my own Value Board or Tier Board, where I think each player should go, rd 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7-UDFA basically, I'll try and make it in a table format, need to figure it out in Excel.

I also miss Harbaugh, but I'm remaining hopeful that we can turn it around in the next few years, I don't see one draft doing it, or one FA period, and now with the likely major knee injury to Jaylon Smith, there goes my pick for us in rd 1. I like Jack but I would definitely be for taking Smith in rd 2 or 3 as a redshirt, I know people hate them, but I truly believe that Smith is a All Pro in the making.
Real quick with Carl Lawson declaring where do you see him going. I'm guessing 2nd due to injury history. Loved watching him play against Tunsil and thought he had better success in the game vs Tunsil than he did rushing on the strong side.
Share 49ersWebzone