LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 207 users in the forums

2016 WR Prospects

Originally posted by DarkShinobiX:
Originally posted by YungAce:
No use in drafting a WR when our offense doesn't utilize them to their max potential. Drafting for the trenches is what our team is built on

You make a good point about needing to go OL first, but I'm sure the team can find a gem in the second round.

First and second, gem in the third...

Kinda kidding, I think we have a lot of young talent on the OL, but the staff needs to think long and hard about how developed that talent is, and how much more it can develop quickly before next spring. Drafting OL early could be a necessity, and that would be too bad. Brown and Thomas could be very good.
Corey Coleman, Baylor may be the best Baylor WR ever. Better than Kendall Wright, Terrance Williams, Josh Gordon, Antwan Goodley. His teammates KD Cannon and Jay Lee are also worth keeping an eye on.

5'11/190 been timed at 4.38, clocked a 6.62 3-cone (which would have lead all WR at the Combine), 45 inch vertical, and an 11 foot 3 inch broad jump. Dudes a freak athlete and heck of a WR.

[ Edited by Travisty13 on Sep 26, 2015 at 3:29 PM ]
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Corey Coleman, Baylor may be the best Baylor WR ever. Better than Kendall Wright, Terrance Williams, Josh Gordon, Antwan Goodley. His teammates KD Cannon and Jay Lee are also worth keeping an eye on.

5'11/190 been timed at 4.38, clocked a 6.62 3-cone (which would have lead all WR at the Combine), 45 inch vertical, and an 11 foot 3 inch broad jump. Dudes a freak athlete and heck of a WR.

I've been asking about this guy as why doesn't he garner more attention? Anyway I think he would be interesting prospect for the second round.
I'm now having a hard time projecting Kenny Lawler as a pro. Definitely someone who gets drafted but right now I don't know if I pull the trigger before day 3.
Josh Doctson TCU would a nice big target for Kaepernick in the red zone for sure
Jordan Westerkamp, 5'11 195lbs, Nebraska, Junior.

Great route here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7fAK98SExI

Last season highlights:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jNkuJ0iINk

Similar to Edelman. Well because he is white lol, just kidding. Same height, build and speed. Rely on quickness and just a smart competitive football player.

His eye-hand coordination is nuts, lots of circus grab (including the catch of the year last year, ball deflected and he catches it behind his back).
First 2 are obvious IMO, Treadwell and Mike Williams (pending his recovery).

Boyd is in the top 5 somewhere.

I'd put Doctson in the top 5 at this point.

And probably Pharoh Cooper, he is a bit of a Percy Harvin type player. Just a weapon, get the ball in his hands and he will YAC it up.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Oct 1, 2015 at 11:41 AM ]
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

And probably Pharoh Cooper, he is a bit of a Percy Harvin type player. Just a weapon, get the ball in his hands and he will YAC it up.

Cooper isn't getting any favors from the QB play at SCar.
The is probably the first year I really don't want to draft a WR. I love Fuller but I don't think he comes out. And what's the point if we can't block and throw

Originally posted by vrabbit:

I certainly wouldn't overlook Lawler. Kid can pluck the ball like a natural. Got that length, too
Originally posted by jreff22:
The is probably the first year I really don't want to draft a WR. I love Fuller but I don't think he comes out. And what's the point if we can't block and throw

I like Michael Thomas a lot. I think he is a perfect fit opposite Torrey Smith with Smelter and Bell as your redzone threats.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Doctson so good
Originally posted by jreff22:

I hope we draft for the present and not the ACL future this year.

Just for once get 2-3 guys that can come in and play.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
I hope we draft for the present and not the ACL future this year.

Just for once get 2-3 guys that can come in and play.

Isnt that what happened in 2011 pretty much? Aldon, Hunter, Culliver, Colin Jones on ST and Bruce Miller all contributed right off the bat.
Share 49ersWebzone