LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 283 users in the forums

2016 49ers Draft Needs - What Will Be Our #1 Need?

2016 49ers Draft Needs - What Will Be Our #1 Need?

If the Niners do end up drafting high, it's got to be either the best OLB pass rusher or the best offensive lineman. The only way I can see them taking a QB real high is if Kaepernick continues to play poorly and it's a Heisman trophy winner or finalist like Goff, but even that's more of a crap shoot than an O-lineman or a pass rusher.
Are their any GM's with torn ACL's coming out next year?
I think Balke over thinks the draft and goes for poor quantity over singular quality which is why we have the current formerly injured scrubs who take so long to heal that you don't know who or what have from your previous draft. Then when the draft rolls around, he assumes that he has positions covered and when they don't pan out, he's redrafting the same need positions.
NO more trade backs, draft BPA who's on the board and available
We need
O-line / LB/pass rusher or BPA
O-line or LB/pass rusher or BPA
Oline
O-Line or D-Line or backup QB
[ Edited by Sourball on Sep 29, 2015 at 4:12 PM ]
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crake49:
If the Niners do end up drafting high, it's got to be either the best OLB pass rusher or the best offensive lineman. The only way I can see them taking a QB real high is if Kaepernick continues to play poorly and it's a Heisman trophy winner or finalist like Goff, but even that's more of a crap shoot than an O-lineman or a pass rusher.

I feel the exact same way. The 49ers could take Kessler in the third if he falls that far. He's making throws and playing very well. He's actually improved from last year. But I'm a USC guy so my input on their players needs to be evaluated with caution.
[ Edited by Geeked on Sep 30, 2015 at 6:16 AM ]
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crake49:

Ever heard of a guy by the name of Eric Fisher? LOL.
Share 49ersWebzone