There are 208 users in the forums

2016 49ers Draft Needs - What Will Be Our #1 Need?

2016 49ers Draft Needs - What Will Be Our #1 Need?

• 9moon
  • Veteran
if all would just take a look at our OWN forum, most discussed topic... it will tell you that OT is the way to go, ONLY if no darn "can't missed" type of DL on our way..
I would agree it's RT at the moment followed by OLB and then WR. It will depend on if Brown can take over for Pears and do well. If neither do well then I say RT should be no doubt our #1 pick. If he does do well then maybe we can think about OLB or WR in round 1.
OL, OL and more OL.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
QB.
Originally posted by Rascal:
QB.

Yep.

Connor Cook please!
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Offensive line.

Staley's age + Boone FA + Thomas/Martin inconsistent performances + Pears at RT = desperate help at RG and RT.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
QB.

Yep.

Connor Cook please!

Is that the guy you think? I haven't done my homework yet, but I have been kind of thinking about Cardale Jones.
Is that the guy you think? I haven't done my homework yet, but I have been kind of thinking about Cardale Jones.

Cook is the guy for whom I hope. I fully expect them to keep going with Kaepernick (unfortunately), but I hope I'm wrong.

Not a fan of Jones.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran

Cook is the guy for whom I hope. I fully expect them to keep going with Kaepernick (unfortunately), but I hope I'm wrong.

Not a fan of Jones.

If they keep going with Kap, he will run us into the ground.

I believe Baalke will be forced to take action if Kap tanks again this season. I am not saying I want Kap to fail, but I believe he might. In that case, I think Baalke will be drafting a legit QB either to replace Kap during the course of 2016 if it gets really bad or latest by 2017.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran

Not a fan of Jones.

How about Jared Goff?

How about Jared Goff?

I like his potential (Hackenberg's too). But those 2 are kind of raw at this point IMO. Cook has 2 years on 'em both.

Goff's also a little skinny. I'd like to see him fill out & have less wobble on his fastballs. He has a really quick release though, which is a good attribute.
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I would agree it's RT at the moment followed by OLB and then WR. It will depend on if Brown can take over for Pears and do well. If neither do well then I say RT should be no doubt our #1 pick. If he does do well then maybe we can think about OLB or WR in round 1.
My question is:
If Anthony Davis comes back, and Marcus Martin does a good enough job, do you feel like the need of drafting an OL in the 1st would be a thing of the past?
O-line, I've seen what Kaep can do. Let's try protecting him.. Wr, pass rusher.
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
O-line, I've seen what Kaep can do. Let's try protecting him.. Wr, pass rusher.

I've seen what he can do too. Check one read & run. Stare down one guy & panic. Take a super-duper strong team at non-QB positions to a SB and lose. Be a slightly-better Andy Dalton.
Originally posted by HERN:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
My question is:
If Anthony Davis comes back, and Marcus Martin does a good enough job, do you feel like the need of drafting an OL in the 1st would be a thing of the past?

I think Boone is gone after this year. If they had moved him to RT and given him an extension after Davis walked. Things might have been different.
Share 49ersWebzone