LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 283 users in the forums

Who's the Best QB in College Football?

I need to see more of the kid from North Dakota State.
Connor Cook faces Michigan's defense soon. That should be a great test!
I don't think it is Goff after what I have seen. I still say Conner Cook. That's what I always said from the beginning. If you take the Bay Area favoritism out of it I see no way to rank Goff that high. Conner Cook has always been outstanding in the big games. His arm is stronger. He is bigger, more solid and more sturdy. He will more likely hold up to the rigors of the NFL.
Paxton Lynch has yet to throw a pick

He plays Ole Miss this Saturday
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Paxton Lynch is the most intriguing junior prospect.
I didn't know him at all until this season to be honest
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I don't think it is Goff after what I have seen. I still say Conner Cook. That's what I always said from the beginning. If you take the Bay Area favoritism out of it I see no way to rank Goff that high. Conner Cook has always been outstanding in the big games. His arm is stronger. He is bigger, more solid and more sturdy. He will more likely hold up to the rigors of the NFL.

I don't see it at all. I see a guy who is remarkably inconsistent, whose mechanics fall apart with pressure, who doesn't show consistently good accuracy. QB's that complete less than 60% of their passes in college don't typically fare well in the NFL at all.

As far as him being "bigger, more solid and sturdy", I really don't care much about that. The 49ers ended up with Jim The Drunk partially because The Drunk was "bigger, more solid and sturdy" with a bigger arm, a traditional pocket QB coming out of a pro-style offense compared to Jake Plummer.

You also can't play the Bay Area favoritism card when pretty much everyone else has Goff either slightly ahead or significantly ahead of Cook.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Oct 13, 2015 at 11:51 AM ]
Originally posted by Judge82Dredd:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Paxton Lynch is the most intriguing junior prospect.
I didn't know him at all until this season to be honest

Lynch looks pretty good and so does Jarvis Cooper RB for Memphis
[ Edited by ChaunceyGardner on Oct 17, 2015 at 12:20 PM ]
With Goff stinking it up against the Utes, Paxton is climbing the ladder very fast. His performance against Ole Miss puts him up there with Goff and Cook. If all things remain the same he'll be the front runner for the top pick.
Originally posted by strickac:
With Goff stinking it up against the Utes, Paxton is climbing the ladder very fast. His performance against Ole Miss puts him up there with Goff and Cook. If all things remain the same he'll be the front runner for the top pick.

Cook isnt even in the same category IMO. He is with the 2nd tier of QBs, youre seeing more of these draftniks catching up and putting him exactly there.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Oct 17, 2015 at 2:50 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by strickac:

Cook isnt even in the same category IMO. He is with the 2nd tier of QBs, youre seeing more of these draftniks catching up and putting him exactly there.

Cook was my top dawg entering the season. He's not showing me much against against Migigan. I still think he'll be a starter in the NFL though.

My favorite senior QBs are Hogan and Doughty!I would stay way from Kessler and Cook.
I would pick Sudfeld instead of Kessler or Cook any day
Paxton Lynch is an interesting prospect, but he seems a little herky-jerky. The biggest reason I like Cook more than any other prospect is that his movements are very quick & fluid.

Cook still plays @ Nebraska and against Ohio State. 2 huge tests. He's passed his 2 first big tests against Oregon & Michigan, and he's only thrown 2 picks all year.
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Oct 17, 2015 at 9:15 PM ]
Who gives a warm turd who the best QB in college is...the Niners will not be drafting a QB in the first or second round anyway.
Originally posted by mutant-man49:
Who gives a warm turd who the best QB in college is...the Niners will not be drafting a QB in the first or second round anyway.

Whats wrong with a cold turd?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Whats wrong with a cold turd?

Hey, let's keep the Kaepernick references on Niner talk.
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Oct 17, 2015 at 9:32 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone